- Company slows work on controversial Utah tar sands project Updated: Feb-07-16 4:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Environmentalists are celebrating after the Canadian company behind a controversial Utah tar sands development announced it's scaling back work on its project.
- Balance leads Utah women past Colorado 76-68 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:35 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Emily Potter led a balanced attack with 13 points and six blocks and Utah closed the game on a 12-5 run to defeat Colorado for the second time in four days, 76-68 on Sunday.
- Cliven Bundy talks grazing contracts at Finicum funeral Updated: Feb-07-16 2:59 pm
KANAB, Utah - Cliven Bundy spoke against grazing contracts Friday during a funeral for an Oregon occupation leader who urged ranchers to disavow their contracts with the government.
- Groups file suit to keep goats out of La Sal Mountains Updated: Feb-07-16 10:46 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Plant protection groups are suing the U.S. Forest Service, saying mountain goats released in the La Sal Mountains in southeast Utah are damaging rare species of plants.
- Hood, Jazz best reeling Suns 98-89 for 6th straight win Updated: Feb-07-16 12:18 am
PHOENIX - A fast start was enough to propel the Utah Jazz to their season's-best sixth straight victory.
- Siakam powers New Mexico State past Utah Valley, 98-74 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:43 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as New Mexico State romped past Utah Valley, 98-74 on Saturday night to remain in first-place in the Western Athletic Conference.
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-06-16 11:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers.
- Eastern Washington downs Southern Utah 81-67 behind Bliznyuk Updated: Feb-06-16 11:09 pm
CEDAR CITY, Utah - Bogdan Bliznyuk scored a career-high 26 points and made 11 of 12 free throws to lead Eastern Washington to an 81-67 victory over Southern Utah on Saturday night for their fourth-straight win.
- Wyoming makes 20 3-pointers in 84-65 win over Utah State Updated: Feb-06-16 8:23 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Jason McManamen and Josh Adams led a school-record 3-point barrage in Wyoming's 84-65 victory over Utah State on Saturday.
- Man facing murder charge after carjacking, fatal crash Updated: Feb-06-16 7:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man accused of stealing two cars and causing a fatal car crash is facing murder and robbery charges.
- Pacific scores road upset at BYU, 77-72 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:42 pm
PROVO, Utah - Alec Kobre scored 17 points and T.J. Wallace added 15, including a go-ahead 3-pointer, to lead Pacific to a 77-72 upset of BYU on Saturday, snapping the Cougars' 17-game home winning streak.
- Jim Bridger: The man, the myth, the legend Updated: Feb-06-16 1:26 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - For a 19th century mountain man, Jim Bridger has been getting a lot of attention these days.
- Decision on contentious Snowbird expansion again delayed Updated: Feb-06-16 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah County board is again waiting to make a decision on a Snowbird ski resort expansion into American Fork Canyon following a contentious meeting about whether the project could stir up old mine waste.
- Utah joins push to keep guns from domestic abusers Updated: Feb-06-16 11:09 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah legislators quietly changed a state law last year to keep in an attempt to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous domestic abusers, following a nationwide trend of state legislative action on a rare area of consensus in the polarized debate over guns.
- Jazz pull away in fourth quarter for 84-81 win over Bucks Updated: Feb-06-16 12:43 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz struggled offensively for the second straight game. Once again, it didn't matter.
- Utah legislators back plan to declare pornography a health crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state senator in Utah wants to declare pornography a public health crisis, echoing an argument being made around the U.S. by conservative religious groups as pornography becomes more accessible on smartphones and tablets.
- Utah plans to repeal guest worker law that never took effect Updated: Feb-05-16 5:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Five years after Utah passed a guest worker law lauded as a compassionate approach to address immigrants living in the country illegally, the state is seeking to repeal the never-implemented program.
- The Latest: Mourners fill pews for Oregon occupier's funeral Updated: Feb-05-16 4:47 pm
KANAB, Utah - The Latest on an armed group that took over buildings at a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon (all times local):
- Review: Errors led to parole of man who later killed officer Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A series of communication breakdowns led a parole board to release a man to a drug treatment center where he later escaped and killed a police officer working overtime to pay for cancer treatments, the Utah Department of Corrections said Friday following an internal review.
- Democrats ask for info about possible public lands lawsuit Updated: Feb-05-16 2:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Democrats on a commission considering a potential public lands lawsuit against the federal government have requested all information pertinent to the potential suit.
- Judge sends election law dispute to Utah Supreme Court Updated: Feb-05-16 2:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Supreme Court will hear the state Republican party's lawsuit over a new law that allows candidates on the primary ballot if they gather enough signatures.
- Lawmakers suggest raising prices to curb water waste Updated: Feb-05-16 1:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah lawmakers are considering encouraging water conservation with higher prices.
- Speed trap in Utah generates 40 percent of city's money Updated: Feb-05-16 11:22 am
MANTUA, Utah - A small town in northern Utah generates almost 40 percent of the money in its general fund from speeding ticket fines.
- Woman convicted in deputy death denied new trial Updated: Feb-05-16 8:37 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A woman convicted of being the getaway driver in crime spree that left a Utah County sheriff's deputy dead won't get a new trial.
- Payton powers Oregon State past Utah 71-69 Updated: Feb-05-16 2:28 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State freshman Stephen Thompson Jr. said that when he caught the ball with 2.2 seconds left, he tried to get as close to the basket as possible.