- Utah to temporarily stop enforcing law in 'Deadpool' case Updated: May-03-16 5:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah cinema in trouble with state regulators for serving alcohol during a showing of superhero film "Deadpool" will not get slapped with future citations under an obscenity law mostly regulating strip clubs, as long as the theater's lawsuit plays out in court.
- The Latest: Law cited in Utah 'Deadpool' case on hold Updated: May-03-16 2:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on a Utah theater cited for serving alcohol during the movie "Deadpool." (all times local):
- Rich newspaper owners: Industry savior or foe? Updated: May-03-16 2:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Tribune's pending sale to the wealthy Huntsman family unshackles the newspaper from cost-cutting corporate owners and resolves crippling financial uncertainty, but it also raises concerns about whether the influential family will meddle in the paper's coverage.
- Utah inmate pleads guilty to killing cellmate Updated: May-03-16 1:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah inmate could face the death penalty after pleading guilty to killing his cellmate.
- Man dies after standoff, shootout with police that killed K9 Updated: May-03-16 12:44 pm
MILLCREEK, Utah - Authorities say the man accused of killing a K9 dog following a standoff and shootout with police has died.
- Patron honored by university leaves controversial group Updated: May-03-16 12:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A philanthropist being honored by the University of Utah is stepping down from an organization that gay rights groups say has promoted anti-LGBT rhetoric and legislation.
- Ex-Monticello officer sentenced to jail for assault Updated: May-03-16 12:22 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Monticello police officer who pleaded guilty to breaking into the home of his estranged wife and assaulting a man has been sentenced to 10 days in jail and three years of probation.
- Sea lion dies at Salt Lake City zoo Updated: May-03-16 12:07 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A sea lion at Salt Lake City's Hogle Zoo has died during a medical procedure.
- 3,300 northern Utah homes without power after wind storm Updated: May-02-16 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of residents in northern Utah and surrounding areas don't have power after a powerful wind storm hit the area over the weekend.
- Video game developer appeals wage case to Utah Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 4:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah developer of video games like "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005" asked the Utah Supreme Court on Monday to toss out his criminal convictions for not paying more than 100 employees.
- Lawmaker evaluating prison move built homes near Draper site Updated: May-02-16 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker deeply involved in the state prison-relocation process was simultaneously building townhouses near the current prison site.
- Woman files wrongful death lawsuit in doghouse highway death Updated: May-02-16 4:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A northern Utah woman whose husband and 4-year-old daughter were killed when a doghouse fell out of a man's truck and caused a highway pileup has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- US agency's Nevada boss urges roundup of 4,000 mustangs Updated: May-02-16 4:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Concerned about continued deterioration of drought-stricken rangeland in Nevada, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management's state director wants to round up 4,000 wild horses in Elko County - more mustangs than were gathered across 10 Western states combined last year.
- Tortoise population in southern Utah steady but small Updated: May-01-16 5:53 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The Mojave Desert Tortoise population is holding steady in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve in southern Utah, but the animal still hasn't fully recovered from fires and drought that negatively impacted the population more than a decade ago.
- The Latest: Gov. Herbert visits city damaged by wind Updated: May-01-16 4:46 pm
OGDEN, Utah - The Latest on windy weather causing power outages and damage in northern Utah (all times local):
- FrontRunner train offers first Sunday service for air show Updated: May-01-16 4:39 pm
OGDEN, Utah - After eight years of taking a day off on Sunday, the FrontRunner train will help shuttle commuters to an air show at Hill Air Force Base on both weekend days next month.
- 67-year-old woman identified as victim in fatal Tooele crash Updated: May-01-16 3:41 pm
TOOELE, Utah - The Utah Highway Patrol has identified a woman who died after her vehicle crashed in Tooele.
- Stepfather to be charged in Utah toddler's drowning death Updated: May-01-16 3:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A toddler has died after Unified police say the boy's stepfather tried to drown him.
- Suspect fatally shot by Utah County sheriff's deputy ID'ed Updated: May-01-16 12:00 pm
SPANISH FORK, Utah - Authorities have identified a suspect shot and killed by a Utah County sheriff's deputy.
- Unorthodox history teacher wins fellowship Updated: May-01-16 3:05 am
WOODLAND, Washington - Katie Klaus's junior history class just voted Hitler for U.S. president.
- Openly gay rock singer changing tune on Mormon religion Updated: Apr-30-16 10:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two years after coming out as gay and praising the Mormon church for offering support, the lead singer of a popular rock band is denouncing his faith in his latest music video.
- Lions add Michigan QB Rudock in 6th round as draft wraps up Updated: Apr-30-16 8:19 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions had already drafted three players who could provide protection for quarterback Matthew Stafford.
- St. George man allegedly defrauded group that helps disabled Updated: Apr-30-16 6:10 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A human resource officer is accused of defrauding a St. George company that provides group home services to people with autism and other disabilities.
- Stop signs where Utah city manager was ticketed removed Updated: Apr-30-16 5:48 pm
ROOSEVELT, Utah - The city manager of Roosevelt is under fire after a pair of stop signs was removed from an intersection where he was cited.
- Suspect shot by Utah County sheriff's deputy dies Updated: Apr-30-16 5:26 pm
SPANISH FORK, Utah - Authorities say a suspect was shot and killed after allegedly threatening a Utah County sheriff's deputy.