- Raleigh man arrested in New York on murder, rape charges Updated: Sep-02-15 10:37 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police say a Raleigh man wanted on charges of murder and rape has been arrested in New York City.
- McCrory says he's trying to influence state budget outcome Updated: Sep-01-15 4:28 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory said Tuesday that fellow Republicans should have approved a final North Carolina budget long ago, but acknowledged lawmakers must sort out a range of opinions before one's finalized.
- Carolina's Staal, Ward focusing on the ice, not contracts Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Eric Staal and Cam Ward aren't worrying now about their uncertain futures with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Man gets life sentence after guilty verdict in murder trial Updated: Sep-01-15 2:27 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An 18-year-old man convicted last week of murdering a Garner couple has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- NC lottery to introduce scratch and sniff tickets at 2 sites Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - What does money smell like?
- North Carolina justices ponder 2011 redistricting again Updated: Aug-31-15 6:31 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - As North Carolina's highest court considers for a second time whether the state's legislative and congressional boundaries were lawfully drawn on the basis of race, the justices also must consider seemingly competing rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court.
- NC Supreme Court take new look at case from housing crisis Updated: Aug-29-15 12:34 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's crippled housing market was limping along when Shawn Pendergraft decided he'd take over a foreclosed Raleigh home in 2011. He backed up a moving van, unpacked his belongings and changed the locks.
- The Latest: Caucus presidents asks for retrial Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on the state of North Carolina's decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in 2013. (All times local):
- 18-year-old found guilty of killing couple in their home Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An 18-year-old man was convicted Friday of gunning down a couple in their Wake County home in 2013 because he mistakenly thought a rival gang member lived there.
- US appeals court won't reconsider Wake school board ruling Updated: Aug-28-15 7:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has refused to reconsider its ruling that keeps alive a challenge of the Wake County school board election districts.
- Novo Nordisk adding diabetes drug output in NC, Denmark Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Danish drug maker Novo Nordisk said Wednesday it will open new factories in North Carolina and Denmark as pharmaceutical companies seek to keep up with demand for diabetes medications in an increasingly overweight world.
- 2 events to draw attention to well-being of women in NC Updated: Aug-26-15 4:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Events at the N.C. Legislature and in Durham are designed to gather women and working families to highlight what advocates call the impact of economic and social discrimination on the well-being of women in North Carolina.
- Madison Jones dismissed from Wake men's basketball team Updated: Aug-25-15 10:35 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest has dismissed guard Madison Jones from the men's basketball team for violating an undisclosed athletic department policy.
- As stock prices sink, ordinary Americans keep their heads up Updated: Aug-25-15 6:55 am
WASHINGTON - Even as anxious investors send stock prices plunging, many Americans are sounding a rather different note:
- Great Recession steels Main Street investors Updated: Aug-24-15 6:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - For many investors, lessons of the Great Recession are fresh. They survived, and some thrived with patience. They see no reason to panic now.
- Future of voter ID lawsuit heard in N. Carolina state court Updated: Aug-24-15 5:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A lawsuit challenging North Carolina's voter identification requirement should be allowed to continue even after the legislature added exceptions this summer easing the mandate that goes into effect next year, lawyers fighting the law told a state judge Monday.
- After Hagan's no, Democrats wait for Burr challengers Updated: Aug-23-15 10:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Since Kay Hagan declined in June to run for a return to Washington, North Carolina and national Democrats have been looking for strong candidates to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Richard Burr in 2016.
- Man shot, killed after charging at police with knife Updated: Aug-22-15 1:57 pm
WAKE FOREST, North Carolina - Police in North Carolina say a man was shot and killed by officers when he charged at them with a knife.
- Man shot, killed after charging at police with knife Updated: Aug-22-15 12:22 pm
WAKE FOREST, North Carolina - Police in Wake Forest say a man was shot and killed by officers when he charged at them with a knife.
- NC high court rejects new trial in pregnant wife murder case Updated: Aug-21-15 12:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's highest court is holding firm against a third trial for a Raleigh man convicted of killing his pregnant wife.
- Wake County settles lawsuit over student's death at bus stop Updated: Aug-21-15 4:34 am
GARNER, North Carolina - The Wake County school system will pay $150,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by the family of a high school student who was struck and killed by a car in 2013 as she walked to her school bus stop.
- Senator Burr worried about anti-terror strategy, technology Updated: Aug-20-15 7:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr said Thursday the war on terrorism won't be successful unless the United States' strategy changes from simply containing terrorist groups overseas to a more aggressive policy that also brings Middle East allies into the fight.
- Valeant to spend about $1B on maker of women's libido drug Updated: Aug-20-15 12:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Valeant Pharmaceuticals will pay about $1 billion in cash to buy Sprout Pharmaceuticals, the maker of the first prescription drug intended to boost sexual desire in women.
- Billy Graham's son-in-law dies days after found in pool Updated: Aug-19-15 4:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The son-in-law of the Rev. Billy Graham has died after being found unresponsive in the swimming pool of the Raleigh home he shared with evangelist Anne Graham Lotz.
- Proposed Raleigh Airbnb rules hit snag Updated: Aug-19-15 4:13 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The city of Raleigh's effort to regulate short-term home rental programs such as Airbnb have hit a snag after Raleigh staff said proposed rules could open the door for more boarding houses.