- NC regulator examines Blue Cross glitches, customer problems Updated: Feb-11-16 3:41 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's top insurance regulator said Thursday he'll check whether the state's largest health insurer has complied with all laws and regulations after thousands of customers struggled with enrollment and billing problems.
- Light snow, wintry mix forecast for parts of North Carolina Updated: Feb-11-16 3:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Wintry precipitation and dangerously cold temperatures are expected in parts of North Carolina heading into the weekend, and forecasters at the National Weather Service say a more substantial storm may reach the state next week.
- The Latest: Regulator examines Blue Cross glitches, problems Updated: Feb-11-16 2:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on problems confronting Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and customers seeking to buy coverage under provisions of the Affordable Care Act. (all times local):
- North Carolina State professor accused of taking money Updated: Feb-11-16 10:07 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An animal science associate professor at North Carolina State University has been charged with embezzling from three student clubs.
- UNC event marks anniversary of deaths of 3 Muslim students Updated: Feb-10-16 7:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Students and faculty at the UNC School of Dentistry have commemorated the lives of three college students who were shot to death in Chapel Hill last year.
- 2nd man accused of killing Raleigh taxi driver Updated: Feb-10-16 10:11 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police have arrested a second suspect in the shooting death of a Raleigh cab driver earlier this week.
- McCrory, Sprayberry talking to federal emergency council Updated: Feb-10-16 3:44 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and his top first responder to hurricanes and snowstorms are meeting with emergency management leaders nationwide to talk about how North Carolina emergency officials prepare for the worst.
- Joint venture acquires Raleigh shopping mall for $174M Updated: Feb-09-16 4:47 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A joint venture has acquired the Triangle Town Center mall in northern Raleigh for $174 million.
- Raleigh taxi driver shot and killed on duty Updated: Feb-08-16 2:00 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Raleigh police are investigating after a taxi driver was shot and killed.
- Man dies after starting Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh Updated: Feb-08-16 6:19 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A man has died after starting a Raleigh race in which contestants are supposed to also eat a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts midway through the competition.
- North Carolina elections take shape with fundraising numbers Updated: Feb-04-16 6:24 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's March 15 primary and the November general election are taking shape as candidates and party committees disclosed financial reports over the past week as state and federal filing deadlines came and went.
- NC insurance commissioner criticizes health care law Updated: Feb-04-16 12:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's insurance commissioner says he's concerned that the federal health care law is causing havoc in the insurance market in the state.
- University of North Carolina chairman defends raises Updated: Feb-04-16 7:49 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chairman of the board at the University of North Carolina is defending raises given to high-level administrators.
- Randy Moss' son headlines NC State's recruiting class Updated: Feb-03-16 6:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Randy Moss is sending his son to North Carolina State.
- Seizure of 696 animals in North Carolina sets ASPCA record Updated: Feb-02-16 6:04 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The almost 700 animals seized from a no-kill shelter in North Carolina sets a record for the ASPCA, the group that's now caring for the pets.
- Winter weather's length? Sir Walter Wally to have his say Updated: Feb-02-16 4:35 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's own weather-forecasting groundhog gets his big day in the spotlight.
- North Carolina Editorial Roundup Updated: Jan-27-16 5:51 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Burr campaign to report $818K in 4th quarter, $5.3M in bank Updated: Jan-27-16 4:48 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - U.S. Sen. Richard Burr had $5.3 million in his campaign coffers starting the new year in his bid to represent North Carolina on Capitol Hill for another six years.
- Blue Cross says it's making progress in North Carolina Updated: Jan-26-16 10:08 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Blue Cross and Blue Shield says it has reinstated health coverage for thousands of customers who were dropped from the insurer's rolls in North Carolina because of technology problems.
- The Latest: Governor: 50,000 remain without power in NC Updated: Jan-25-16 2:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on last week's snow and ice storm in North Carolina (all times local):
- Duke Energy reports 11,000 customers without electricity Updated: Jan-25-16 7:11 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Thousands of North Carolinians still have no electricity after the big snowstorm that swept through the East Coast over the weekend.
- Coroner: South Carolina couple dies of carbon monoxide Updated: Jan-24-16 3:02 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say an elderly couple in Greenville, South Carolina, has died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the massive winter snow storm.
- The Latest: Winter storm warning posted west of I-95 Updated: Jan-21-16 8:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on a winter storm approaching North Carolina:
- Man gets life term for killing 2 outside bed-and-breakfast Updated: Jan-21-16 3:47 pm
BALTIMORE - A North Carolina man has been sentenced to two life terms plus 45 years for fatally shooting two men outside a mid-town Baltimore bed-and-breakfast.
- Democratic Senate group backs Ross in North Carolina primary Updated: Jan-21-16 2:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Democrat seeking to unseat Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina received a key endorsement Thursday from a Washington-based group led by Democratic senators.