- NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill Updated: Apr-16-14 8:14 pm
- 2 charged in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father Updated: Apr-16-14 4:07 pm
- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- More NC Senate candidates release money totals Updated: Apr-16-14 5:58 am
- McCrory, tax overhaul opponents differ on result Updated: Apr-15-14 8:38 pm
- Crew diverts Delta flight to Raleigh-Durham Updated: Apr-15-14 8:11 pm
- NC LGBT group to hold rally over tax filing policy Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Educators, legislators cool to NC pay report Updated: Apr-14-14 7:07 pm
- 3 scheduled at Raleigh TV debate for US Senate Updated: Apr-14-14 4:49 pm
- 2 die near finish line of Raleigh half marathon Updated: Apr-14-14 10:10 am
- Concern prompts UNC professor's column disclaimer Updated: Apr-13-14 11:25 am
- RDU airport ready to open refurbished terminal Updated: Apr-13-14 7:04 am
- NC attorney general set to speak at symposium Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- NC Executive Mansion garden opens to public Updated: Apr-12-14 4:04 am
- More Republicans getting on TV in NC Senate race Updated: Apr-11-14 8:52 pm
- NC agency apologizes for exposing victims' info Updated: Apr-11-14 6:22 pm
- Man, woman found shot to death in Wake County Updated: Apr-10-14 5:21 pm
- Race builds for super-fast broadband in NC cities Updated: Apr-10-14 4:04 am
- NC prison ousts 7 employees over inmate death Updated: Apr-09-14 7:46 pm
- NC offer to sell Dix land more than Raleigh bid Updated: Apr-09-14 6:37 pm
- NC local business taxes capped in proposal Updated: Apr-09-14 4:10 pm
- Ex-NC Justice Orr picked as temporary DA Updated: Apr-08-14 11:14 am
- Man charged with threatening Raleigh mayor Updated: Apr-08-14 6:35 am
- Appeal filed over Wake County school board maps Updated: Apr-08-14 6:07 am
- Oak City Bard Brawl to feature storytelling Updated: Apr-08-14 4:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The FBI is offering up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest of two men suspected in the kidnapping of a North Carolina prosecutor's father.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A political committee supporting Democratic control of the U.S. Senate began running a TV commercial in North Carolina on Wednesday seeking to remind viewers about personnel issues that embarrassed the office of Republican Thom Tillis, speaker of the state House.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two more Republicans running for U.S. Senate in North Carolina have announced how much they've raised heading into the final weeks before the May 6 primary.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and his fiscal allies used Tuesday's tax-filing deadline to highlight a tax overhaul passed last summer that they say will benefit most North Carolina residents - either by leaving more money in their wallets or providing them with new jobs. But critics insist most people will see higher taxes and government services still hindered by cash shortages.
MORRISVILLE, North Carolina - A Delta Air Lines flight heading for Atlanta was diverted to Raleigh-Durham International Airport after the crew noticed some vibration after takeoff.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest LGBT advocacy group is holding a rally to protest a new state tax policy regarding same-sex couples.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Several educators and legislators on a General Assembly task force were cool Monday to their own panel's recommendations for overhauling public school teacher compensation, which included few specific actions and asked for another study.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - U.S. Senate candidate Thom Tillis says he won't participate in a televised debate the night before early voting begins for the May 6 primary.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two runners died near the finish line of a half marathon in Raleigh on Sunday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For the past six months, opinion pieces written in a Raleigh newspaper by a University of North Carolina law professor have included the disclaimer: "He doesn't speak for UNC."
MORRISVILLE, North Carolina - Raleigh-Durham International Airport is ready to open a refurbished terminal which will bring to an end more than a decade of construction.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a symposium on cardiovascular treatment.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The garden at the Executive Mansion in Raleigh will be open one day for self-guided tours.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More Republican candidates in North Carolina's U.S. Senate primary are getting on the airwaves with paid advertisements before in-person voting begins in less than two weeks.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Officials with the N.C. Department of Public Safety have worked to take down a website that included names and personal information of thousands of crime victims who applied for financial assistance from the state,
WENDELL, North Carolina - Deputies in Wake County have arrested a man in connection with the shooting deaths of a man and woman near Wendell.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A telecommunications giant says it could start offering broadband Internet service in North Carolina that's ten times faster than anything now available.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Seven employees at a Taylorsville prison have lost their jobs in an ongoing investigation into the death of a mentally ill inmate who had been held in solitary confinement.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory's administration has rejected Raleigh's opening offer to purchase the old Dorothea Dix mental hospital so it can turn the site into a regional park.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators on Wednesday backed replacing fragmented local business privilege taxes with a streamlined, flat-fee system many hope will get passed when the full General Assembly convenes next month.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Former North Carolina state Supreme Court Justice Bob Orr is returning to the mountains to become district attorney for five western counties until a new DA is elected in November.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A man accused of threatening Raleigh's mayor through her website has been indicted on a federal charge.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The residents and organizations challenging new boundaries for seats on the board of North Carolina's largest school system are taking their case to a federal appeals court.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Contestants will tell stories based on the theme "Metamorphosis" at the third annual Oak City Bard Brawl in Raleigh.