- Yemen's prime minister visits Bab al-Mandab strait Updated: Oct-03-15 9:23 am
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's prime minister visited an area leading to the Bab al-Mandab strait, the strategic southern entrance to the Red Sea and the gateway to the Suez Canal, after anti-rebel forces pushed Shiite rebels out of the immediate area, government spokesman Rajeh Badi said Saturday.
- Yemeni pro-government forces stall in push toward capital Updated: Sep-22-15 3:02 am
SANAA, Yemen - In Yemen's Marib province, a key battleground in the fighting against Shiite rebels, frustration is growing in the ranks of troops backing the country's president-in-exile after more than a week without gains on the ground.
- Yemen rebels release foreign hostages, including 2 Americans Updated: Sep-20-15 3:34 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's Shiite Houthi rebels have released six foreign hostages, including two Americans, and flown them to the Gulf country of Oman, which helped negotiate their release, officials said Sunday.
- 6 Indians found dead after airstrikes hit boats off Yemen Updated: Sep-11-15 6:48 am
NEW DELHI - The bodies of six Indian seamen whose boats were hit by airstrikes between Somalia and Yemen have been recovered, India said Friday.
- UN envoy announces new Yemen peace talks next week Updated: Sep-10-15 6:26 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Warring parties in Yemen have agreed to take part in new peace talks in the region next week, the U.N. envoy for Yemen announced Thursday.