- Yemen Shiite rebels take neighborhood in Aden, occupy palace Updated: May-06-15 4:31 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's Shiite rebels and their allies consolidated their hold in another part of the southern port city of Aden on Wednesday after heavy fighting with militiamen loyal to the exiled government and capturing the area's presidential palace, officials said.
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in Updated: May-06-15 3:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.
- In the face of IS successes, al-Qaida adapts, grows stronger Updated: May-04-15 9:13 am
CAIRO - When al-Qaida overran the Yemeni port city of Mukalla last month, the group's commanders immediately struck a deal to share power with the area's tribesmen. No jihadi banners were raised. Al-Qaida even issued a statement denying rumors that it had banned music at parties or men wearing shorts.
- Hundreds of families trapped by fighting in Yemen's Aden Updated: May-02-15 6:41 am
SANAA, Yemen - Hundreds of families are trapped in their homes by weeks of fierce fighting in the center of the southern city of Aden, running short of supplies - their only lifeline coming from volunteers making dangerous runs across the city's harbor in rickety boats bearing food and medicine.
- Administration worries grow over Saudi campaign in Yemen Updated: May-01-15 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is growing increasingly wary about the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen and how to restore peace to a country wracked by sectarian divisions, endemic poverty and the al-Qaida offshoot posing the greatest threat to the American homeland.