- Man sentenced to 3 years for straw purchases of handguns Updated: Aug-26-15 8:11 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Newark man has been sentenced to 3 years in prison for making what prosecutors say were straw purchases of five semi-automatic pistols for his heroin suppliers.
- Gunman flees empty-handed after trying to rob store Updated: Aug-25-15 2:18 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police are looking for a man who tried to rob a Wilmington store.
- Authorities: SUV crashes into home after fleeing from police Updated: Aug-25-15 7:52 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Authorities say a sport utility vehicle crashed into a house in Wilmington after fleeing from police.
- Police probe man's fatal jump after fleeing highway crash Updated: Aug-24-15 12:49 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police are investigating the death of a Philadelphia man who ran from the scene of a crash on Interstate 495 north of Wilmington and jumped from the highway onto an offramp.
- Delaware AG pushes price cut for heroin antidote Updated: Aug-24-15 10:19 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware officials say 10 lives have been saved this year since an antidote to heroin overdoses was put in the pockets of officers in the Ocean View, Middletown and New Castle County police departments.
- Stray bullet hits wall near infant in Wilmington Updated: Aug-23-15 5:26 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Wilmington family endured a terrifying close call when a stray bullet hit a wall not far from where an infant was sitting on a floor.
- Woman injured after motorcycle crash in Delaware Updated: Aug-22-15 4:35 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Authorities say a woman riding a motorcycle was injured after a pick-up truck drove into her path in New Castle.
- Police obtain warrant for suspect in fatal shooting Updated: Aug-21-15 4:47 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have obtained a warrant for a man suspected of fatally shooting another man.
- FBI offers $10K reward for info in teen's shooting death Updated: Aug-21-15 3:53 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the slaying of a teenager at a party in Newark.
- Wilmington finds out-of-state animal control contractor Updated: Aug-21-15 7:01 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The city of Wilmington has found a new animal control contractor after the current one announced it would be pre-emptively terminating all of its government contracts.
- Ex-Wilmington Trust president makes first court appearance Updated: Aug-20-15 3:31 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Former Wilmington Trust president Robert Harra Jr. was ordered released on bail Thursday after pleading not guilty to fraud and conspiracy charges stemming from an ongoing federal investigation into the collapse of the century-old financial institution.
- Deliberately set fire destroys storage building, truck Updated: Aug-20-15 2:40 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The State Fire Marshal's office says a fire that heavily damaged a truck and a story building in Wilmington was arson.
- 15-year-old girl charged with armed robbery Updated: Aug-19-15 4:25 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police say a 15-year-old girl has been charged with armed robbery and other offenses after she held up a woman at gunpoint.
- Man killed in hit-and-run crash in Wilmington Updated: Aug-19-15 2:50 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police are looking for a driver who left after striking a pedestrian.
- 10-year-old shot in the head while in his house Updated: Aug-18-15 4:58 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police say a 10-year-old boy was shot in the head while inside his home. A man has been charged in the incident.
- Markell to discuss economic issues at conference Updated: Aug-17-15 4:02 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is joining Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy for a discussion on how to boost the economies of East Coast states.
- Pursuit of stolen car ends in arrest in Wilmington Updated: Aug-16-15 7:01 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say a 17-year-old girl has been arrested after stealing a car and causing a wreck.
- Former Wilmington Trust CFO released on bond Updated: Aug-13-15 6:35 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The former chief financial officer of Wilmington Trust has been released on $25,000 unsecured bond after pleading not guilty to fraud and conspiracy charges in a federal investigation into the collapse of the century-old financial institution.
- Former Wilmington Trust shareholders press for documents Updated: Aug-13-15 5:37 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Attorneys for former shareholders suing over the collapse of Wilmington Trust are renewing their press for internal bank documents following last week's indictment of several former bank executives.
- Man arrested in Wilmington triple shooting that killed 1 Updated: Aug-12-15 9:24 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say a 21-year-old man has been charged in a triple shooting that killed one woman and injured her 4-year-old daughter and another woman.
- Woman wanted for burglaries of 6 sheds in Delaware Updated: Aug-12-15 8:26 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police in New Castle County say they're looking for a woman wanted for burglarizing six sheds.
- Inside a quinceanera: Family, friends pitch in to help out Updated: Aug-08-15 9:04 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - For more than two years Veronica Mendez has known exactly what dress and color scheme she wanted for her quinceanera.
- 4 arrested in New Castle County murder Updated: Aug-07-15 11:49 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - New Castle County police say they have arrested four people in the fatal shooting of a Wilmington man.
- Del. troopers arrest 2 in string of robberies Updated: Aug-07-15 10:58 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say they have arrested two suspects in a string of armed robberies in the Wilmington area.
- Delaware Attorney General reveals plan to curb opiate abuse Updated: Aug-07-15 7:27 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware Attorney General Matt Denn has outlined a four-part plan to curb drug abuse, including standardizing regulations to govern how freely doctors and other providers prescribe opiate drugs.