- American Pharoah gets 1st look at Saratoga Race Course Updated: Aug-27-15 9:21 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah has taken his first trip around Saratoga Race Course, galloping a mile in preparation for Saturday's Travers Stakes.
- Agency may limit target shooting because of fires, damage Updated: Aug-26-15 7:44 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah - Rampant target shooting has scarred public lands with spattered paint, bullet holes and litter. It has caused wildfires, erased ancient rock art and even forced school kids to duck for cover.
- Da Big Hoss takes John's Call at Saratoga Updated: Aug-26-15 6:06 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Skychai Racing's Da Big Hoss made a sweeping move on the outside nearing the stretch and sprinted down the center of the track to win the $100,000 John's Call by two lengths Wednesday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Triple Crown winner arrives at Saratoga for Travers Updated: Aug-26-15 5:12 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - With a dozen roses and about 300 people waiting to greet him, Triple Crown winner American Pharoah arrived at Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday and was led off a horse van next to his barn after a flight from California.
- NY sends another crew to battle West Coast wildfires Updated: Aug-26-15 1:52 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - New York state is sending another firefighting crew to help battle wildfires on the West Coast.
- American Pharoah 1-5 favorite in 10-horse field for Travers Updated: Aug-25-15 8:02 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - And now, it's on to the Spa for the Triple Crown winner.
- NY to host conference on treatment of retired race horses Updated: Aug-25-15 3:07 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Racing officials in New York state plan to hold a day-long summit to discuss the treatment of retired race horses.
- Catch My Drift takes Summer Colony at Saratoga Updated: Aug-24-15 5:56 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Making her first start in two months, Hidden Brook Farm's Catch My Drift couldn't be caught in an impressive 6 1/4-length victory over favored Tiz So Sweet in the $100,000 Summer Colony Monday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Jockey John Velazquez gets win No. 800 at Saratoga Updated: Aug-22-15 3:11 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez reached a milestone 800th victory at Saratoga Race Course when Run a Dubb Dubb rallied to edge Touching My Toes in Saturday's first race.
- Irad Ortiz Jr. rides 5 winners at Saratoga Updated: Aug-16-15 6:54 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Irad Ortiz Jr. became the first jockey in nearly two years to ride five winners on a single program Sunday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Baffert visits Saratoga; can Triple Crown winner be next? Updated: Aug-10-15 4:44 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Bob Baffert took a side trip to Saratoga Race Course on Monday before the start of the horse sales down the road.
- Honor Code rallies to win Whitney at Saratoga Updated: Aug-08-15 11:46 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Four weeks after becoming a Grade 1 winner with a last-to-first effort in the Met Mile at Belmont Park, Honor Code came up with an even more impressive encore performance Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Olympic hero Edwin Moses to speak at horse racing conference Updated: Aug-08-15 5:11 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Edwin Moses is among the featured speakers at this weekend's annual thoroughbred racing conference being held in Saratoga Springs by The Jockey Club.
- Trainer Leatherbury among group inducted into racing Hall Updated: Aug-07-15 4:05 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Greeted by a standing ovation as he stepped to the podium, and cheered by a capacity crowd as he was fitted with his blue blazer, trainer King Leatherbury led the class of inductees into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame on Friday.
- Honor Code set for Whitney at Saratoga Updated: Aug-06-15 7:11 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Honor Code will attempt to stretch his success around two turns Saturday in the Grade 1 $1.25 million Whitney at Saratoga Race Course.
- Triple Crown winner or not, Travers caps crowd at 50K Updated: Aug-06-15 4:08 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah or not, the crowd for the Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course on Aug. 29 will be capped at 50,000.
- Lawn at popular NY outdoor venue trampled down to dirt again Updated: Aug-05-15 7:32 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Efforts to keep the lawn at a popular upstate New York outdoor music venue from disappearing have failed to set down roots.
- Group wants to restore NY state park's 1930s-era bathhouse Updated: Aug-02-15 7:05 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - An effort is underway in Saratoga Springs to obtain funding to revitalize a Depression-era bathhouse that hasn't been used in decades.
- Texas Red wins Jim Dandy at Saratoga Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Texas Red took the lead from Japan with an eighth of a mile left and held off Frosted to win the Grade 2, $600,000 Jim Dandy by a half-length Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Statue of famous racehorse being unveiled at Saratoga park Updated: Aug-01-15 4:05 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - A ceremony will be held in Saratoga Springs to unveil a statue of one of the greatest thoroughbred race horses of all time.
- Jockey Manuel Franco has minor injuries after Saratoga spill Updated: Jul-30-15 2:57 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Jockey Manuel Franco has minor injuries a day after a frightening spill at Saratoga Race Course, and will be out at least through the weekend.
- Former head of NY racing hurt by vehicle while riding bike Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The former head of the New York Racing Association is hospitalized with injuries suffered when he was hit by a vehicle while riding his bicycle near Saratoga Race Course.
- Upstate NY man sent to prison for causing bar patron's death Updated: Jul-29-15 3:05 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - A 26-year-old man has been sentenced to 1 1/3 to 4 years in prison for causing the death of a man by slamming his head into the concrete floor of an upstate New York bar last year.