- Jockey Powers and gelding Billy Kelly elected to racing HOF Updated: May-06-15 12:15 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Jockey Vincent Powers and gelding Billy Kelly have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
- California man dies in Utah parasailing accident Updated: May-02-15 8:47 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah - A California man has been killed in a parasailing accident in Utah.
- Hearing scheduled for plan to expand clubhouse at Saratoga Updated: Apr-30-15 9:58 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The New York Racing Association has scheduled a hearing next month to gather public comment on plans to build an addition to the clubhouse at Saratoga Race Course.
- NY State Military Museum opening Vietnam War exhibit Updated: Apr-30-15 3:09 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - A new exhibit on the Vietnam War is opening at the New York State Military Museum on the 40th anniversary of the fall of Saigon.
- Upgrades begin at storied artists' retreat in upstate NY Updated: Apr-27-15 7:58 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Work has begun on upgrades planned for a storied artists' retreat in upstate New York that has hosted some of America's greatest writers, composers and artists.
- Jockey Chris Antley leads Racing Hall of Fame class Updated: Apr-20-15 3:17 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Chris Antley, the late jockey who twice won the Kentucky Derby, was elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame on Monday with thoroughbreds Lava Man and Xtra Heat and trainer King Leatherbury. They will be inducted Aug. 7.
- Civil War 'Silent Sentinels' still on guard in North, South Updated: Apr-18-15 11:40 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - After the Civil War ended in April 1865, statues depicting Union and Confederate soldiers went up across the country, from New England squares to Southern courthouses. A century and a half later, these weathered "Silent Sentinels" still stand guard, rifles at the ready, gazing off in the distance.
- Story of upstate city's growth told in historic map exhibit Updated: Apr-15-15 5:55 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - A new museum exhibit tells the story of the city of Saratoga Springs through a display of maps dating back to Colonial times.
- Upstate city mulls regulating popular street performers Updated: Apr-08-15 8:49 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Performers who entertain the crowds that pack downtown Saratoga Springs in the summer would have to obtain licenses under a proposal being considered by the city's leaders.