- Japan emotional after World Cup loss Updated: Jul-06-15 12:32 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan clearly was not ready for Carli Lloyd.
- The Latest: Carli Lloyd wins Golden Ball as top player Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- FIFA executive Issa Hayatou to present World Cup trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 5:42 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA confirms that Senior Vice President Issa Hayatou will present the championship trophy at the Women's World Cup.
- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Wambach says she just wants to win her last World Cup Updated: Jul-04-15 12:39 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia. - With the title match looming, Abby Wambach isn't mincing words.
- Japan is back in the final after emotional 2011 win Updated: Jul-03-15 3:14 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Four years ago when Japan's players hoisted the Women's World Cup trophy, a nation rejoiced.
- Vice President Joe Biden to attend the World Cup final Updated: Jul-03-15 12:27 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, will cheer on the United States in the Women's World Cup final on Sunday.
- Ducks sign new D Kevin Bieksa to 2-year extension thru 2018 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:54 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Defenseman Kevin Bieksa has agreed to a two-year, $8 million contract extension through 2018 with the Anaheim Ducks.
- World Cup field puts haves and have-nots on display Updated: Jul-02-15 8:02 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of the benefits of an expanded field of 24 teams at the Women's World Cup this year was that there were lots of fresh faces playing in Canada, teams like Ivory Coast, Ecuador and Cameroon.
- Coach: Pressure's off Japan in World Cup final against US Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The pressure is off now that Japan gets the opportunity to defend its Women's World Cup championship.
- Rangers busy on opening day of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 6:33 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - The New York Rangers have signed defenseman Raphael Diaz and forwards Jayson Megna, Matt Lindblad, Viktor Stalberg and Brian Gibbons as free agents.
- Canucks trade Kassian to Canadiens for Prust Updated: Jul-01-15 3:15 pm
- England eliminates host Canada in World Cup Q-final, 2-1 Updated: Jun-27-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Lucy Bronze had never played in front of anything she could compare to that flag-waving, drum-banging, deafening Canadian crowd. Jodie Taylor had to laugh as she looked around BC Place to see a few overwhelmed English fans in that rambunctious sea of red.
- Sharks still searching for starting goalie following draft Updated: Jun-27-15 6:00 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks ended the NHL draft with one of the biggest needs they had entering the weekend: finding a starting goaltender.
- Canada GK McLeod reliable for host nation on and off field Updated: Jun-24-15 1:05 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - In the morning and again each night, Erin McLeod recites Buddhist quotes with Canadian teammate Robyn Gayle and then takes a moment to meditate.
- Japan beats the Netherlands to reach World Cup quarterfinal Updated: Jun-24-15 1:33 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan coach Norio Sasaki apologized for the stressful, flurry of a finish.
- Furlong accuses lawyer of sullying dead wife's reputation Updated: Jun-23-15 11:00 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Former Vancouver Olympics CEO John Furlong raised his voice and thumped his fist during testimony as he defended himself at a British Columbia Supreme Court defamation trial on Tuesday.
- Actor and comedian Rick Ducommun dies at age 62 Updated: Jun-18-15 5:58 pm
TORONTO - Actor and comedian Rick Ducommun, known for his role in the 1989 film "The 'Burbs," has died at age 62, his family said Thursday.
- Wambach's goal gives US a 1-0 win over Nigeria Updated: Jun-17-15 12:48 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach is used to scoring with her head. She's not sure how she got her latest goal.
- Leroux won't likely be booed this time Updated: Jun-16-15 4:41 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - U.S. forward Sydney Leroux was born in Canada and grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver. But because her father is American, at 14 she moved to Arizona in hopes of playing for the U.S. team.