- Jennifer Beals criticized for leaving dog in car in Canada Updated: Jul-30-15 6:52 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Actress Jennifer Beals is defending herself as a loving and "discerning" dog owner after she was captured by a TV reporter briefly leaving her dog inside a vehicle on a warm day in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Whitecaps beat Earthquakes 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:21 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Mauro Rosales and Kendall Waston scored in the first half to help the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 on Sunday.
- Canadian officer sent to jail in electroshock gun death case Updated: Jul-24-15 4:50 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - A former Canadian law enforcement officer who was in charge when police used an electroshock weapon on a Polish immigrant, causing his death, was sentenced Friday to a two-year jail term for perjury during a public inquiry into the incident.
- Fox planning World Cup studio in Moscow's Red Square Updated: Jul-23-15 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - David Neal looks ahead to the World Cup in less than three years and envisions Fox broadcasting from its own studio in the middle of Moscow's Red Square.
- Direct flights between Orlando and Vancouver start next year Updated: Jul-20-15 8:01 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The first nonstop flights between Vancouver and Orlando International Airport will start at the beginning of next year.
- Canada feels power of home-field advantage at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-15-15 5:53 pm
TORONTO - Canada feels the power of the home-field advantage at the Pan Am Games, and Brazil - the host of the Olympics next year in Rio de Janeiro - is watching.
- 'Wilson' shooting scenes at locations across Twin Cities Updated: Jul-15-15 12:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Sightings of Hollywood stars are suddenly easy to come by in the Twin Cities, where Woody Harrelson and Laura Dern are filming the movie "Wilson" at area locations, including the Mall of America.
- Ellis helps Sporting Kansas City to 1-0 win at Vancouver Updated: Jul-12-15 11:27 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Kevin Ellis scored in the 52nd minute, and Sporting Kansas City beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Sunday night.
- US enjoys 1 final title celebration before leaving Canada Updated: Jul-06-15 5:33 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Megan Rapinoe strolled around taking selfies, occasionally sipping bubbly with her teammates and trying to balance the Women's World Cup championship trophy on her head.
- World Cup moments distanced women from FIFA scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 5:32 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a few moments over the past month, the Women's World Cup seemed to push aside the FIFA scandal that is simmering a half planet away.
- After McIlroy soccer mishap, other freak athlete injuries Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 pm
It was playing soccer and not golf that left Rory McIlroy with a ruptured ligament in his right ankle.
- Japan emotional after World Cup loss Updated: Jul-06-15 12:32 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan clearly was not ready for Carli Lloyd.
- The Latest: Carli Lloyd wins Golden Ball as top player Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- FIFA executive Issa Hayatou to present World Cup trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 5:42 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA confirms that Senior Vice President Issa Hayatou will present the championship trophy at the Women's World Cup.
- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Wambach says she just wants to win her last World Cup Updated: Jul-04-15 12:39 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia. - With the title match looming, Abby Wambach isn't mincing words.
- Japan is back in the final after emotional 2011 win Updated: Jul-03-15 3:14 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Four years ago when Japan's players hoisted the Women's World Cup trophy, a nation rejoiced.
- Vice President Joe Biden to attend the World Cup final Updated: Jul-03-15 12:27 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, will cheer on the United States in the Women's World Cup final on Sunday.
- Ducks sign new D Kevin Bieksa to 2-year extension thru 2018 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:54 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Defenseman Kevin Bieksa has agreed to a two-year, $8 million contract extension through 2018 with the Anaheim Ducks.
- World Cup field puts haves and have-nots on display Updated: Jul-02-15 8:02 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of the benefits of an expanded field of 24 teams at the Women's World Cup this year was that there were lots of fresh faces playing in Canada, teams like Ivory Coast, Ecuador and Cameroon.
- Coach: Pressure's off Japan in World Cup final against US Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The pressure is off now that Japan gets the opportunity to defend its Women's World Cup championship.
- Canucks trade Kassian to Canadiens for Prust Updated: Jul-01-15 3:15 pm