- Indonesia jails 14 Rohingya for deadly brawl Updated: Dec-05-13 12:35 am
- Strong earthquake hits Indonesia; no casualties Updated: Dec-01-13 8:51 pm
- More gases erupt from rumbling Indonesian volcano Updated: Nov-25-13 3:32 am
- From '04 tsunami recovery, lessons for Philippines Updated: Nov-20-13 6:17 am
- Indonesia's Sinabung and Merapi volcanoes erupt Updated: Nov-17-13 11:49 pm
MEDAN, Indonesia - An Indonesian court sentenced 14 Rohingya asylum seekers from Myanmar to nine months in jail for their role in a deadly brawl at an detention center that left eight Buddhist fishermen from their country dead, prosecutors and lawyers said Thursday.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A strong, shallow earthquake rocked parts of eastern Indonesia early Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
KARO, Indonesia - Powerful bursts of hot ash and gravel erupted from a rumbling volcano in western Indonesia early Monday, sending panicked villagers streaming down the sides of the mountain.
MANILA, Philippines - The man who steered Indonesia to recovery after the 2004 tsunami has some cautionary words for the Philippines as it begins planning reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan: Survivors will get angry about living in tents well before permanent houses are ready, and inflation will soon make those houses much more expensive to build.
MEDAN, Indonesia - Two volcanoes erupted Monday in Indonesia, prompting warnings for flights and evacuation preparations, official said.