- 2 suspected Indonesian lesbians to undergo 'rehabilitation' Updated: Oct-03-15 6:10 am
BANDA ACEH, Indonesia - Two suspected lesbians detained earlier this week by Islamic Shariah police in Indonesia's conservative Aceh province will undergo what an official described Saturday as "rehabilitation," and won't be charged with a crime.
- Alleged rapes spur Rohingya upheaval in Indonesia camp Updated: Sep-29-15 10:23 am
BLANG ADOE, Indonesia - More than 200 ethnic Rohingya stormed out of an Indonesian encampment Tuesday as tensions erupted following alleged rapes and beatings by locals at the site where members of Myanmar's long-persecuted minority have been held since arriving by boat four months ago.
- Magnitude 6.6 earthquake hits eastern Indonesia; 39 injured Updated: Sep-25-15 6:14 am
MANOKWARI, Indonesia - A 6.6-magnitude quake hit in waters off Indonesia's easternmost province early Friday, injuring dozens of people, damaging buildings and sending panicked residents fleeing from homes, hotels and even a hospital.
- Highly endangered Sumatran rhino pregnant with 2nd calf Updated: Sep-23-15 7:05 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A Sumatran rhinoceros is pregnant with her second calf at an Indonesian sanctuary in the original habitat of the highly endangered species, a government conservation official said Wednesday.
- 7 firms, 133 people named suspects in Indonesia forest fires Updated: Sep-17-15 11:12 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police said Thursday they have identified seven companies and 133 individuals suspected of causing forest fires that are spreading choking smoke and polluted air across parts of western Indonesia and neighboring Malaysia and Singapore.