- Mississippi highway dept. apply for I-22 designation Updated: May-06-15 10:23 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Transportation Commission has authorized the Mississippi Department of Transportation to submit an application for approval to designate U.S. Highway 78 as Interstate 22 in north Mississippi.
- Police identify 3 people found dead in home Updated: May-05-15 11:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police have identified three men found dead inside a home in what they describe as a triple gunshot killing.
- 3 found fatally shot inside Birmingham house Updated: May-04-15 2:31 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police in Birmingham are investigating a fatal triple shooting.
- Police: 15-year-old with mental challenges stabs sister Updated: May-04-15 3:34 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a teenager with mental challenges stabbed his 9-year-old sister, who is still hospitalized.
- UAB hires Temple's Mark Ingram to be next athletic director Updated: May-02-15 12:29 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - University of Alabama-Birmingham has announced its next athletic director.
- Birmingham man shot in head Updated: May-02-15 11:06 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police are investigating the shooting of a man in Birmingham.
- Police say Birmingham man shot to death in his car Updated: May-01-15 1:01 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a 22-year-old Birmingham man was shot to death in his car following some kind of argument.
- Winston brings spotlight to Alabama hometown for draft Updated: May-01-15 12:56 am
BESSEMER, Alabama - Jameis Winston celebrated the NFL draft his way, creating his own memorable moment with family and friends in his hometown. It was his mother who handed him his No. 3 Buccaneers jersey after he became the top pick, not the NFL commissioner.
- HealthSouth misses 1Q profit forecasts Updated: Apr-30-15 5:20 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - HealthSouth Corp. (HLS) on Thursday reported first-quarter earnings of $42.5 million.
- Another condemned Ala inmate claiming innocence Updated: Apr-25-15 1:20 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Anthony Ray Hinton, who spent 28 years on Alabama's death row for two murders despite his claims of innocence, walked free earlier this month after prosecutors admitted they couldn't prove his guilt.
- Beyond the money, storm chasers out to save people's lives Updated: Apr-25-15 12:31 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The moment, almost 20 years later, remains crystal clear in the mind of Tommy Self.
- Driver in fatal crash identified as escaped prisoner Updated: Apr-24-15 6:22 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A 51-year-old prison escapee with outstanding felony warrants has been arrested on charges that he stole and crashed a vehicle into two women driving to church, killing them both.
- Man accused of using child as shield in burglary arrested Updated: Apr-23-15 5:49 pm
ADAMSVILLE, Alabama - Birmingham police say a man accused of using a young child as a human shield during an attempted burglary in Adamsville has been taken into custody.
- Woman accused in son's beating death sentenced to 20 years Updated: Apr-23-15 3:13 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Birmingham woman accused of beating her 4-year-old son to death has been given a 20-year sentence.
- Ala. youth pastor found not guilty of impersonating officer Updated: Apr-23-15 2:37 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Birmingham-area youth pastor has been found not guilty of impersonating a police officer in June 2013.
- 2 women killed after driver in stolen truck slams into them Updated: Apr-23-15 5:29 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Two Alabama women on their way to church have died after their car was hit by a speeding driver in a stolen pickup truck.
- 76-year-old man running across Ala Updated: Apr-22-15 1:38 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Like many Alabamians, Jimmie Barnes loves running. What makes Barnes different is that he prefers running ultra-marathons - any distance greater than 26.2 miles - and especially 24-hour and 48-hour races.
- Fire destroys home, leaves family with 9 children homeless Updated: Apr-22-15 6:26 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An early-morning fire has left a family with nine children homeless.
- Birmingham, Alabama, signs contract to host '21 World Games Updated: Apr-21-15 3:08 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Birmingham, Alabama, has made it official - signing the agreement to hold the World Games in 2021.
- Spokesman: Alabama woman left to join Islamic State group Updated: Apr-20-15 11:38 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A spokesman for a Muslim couple in Alabama on Monday said their 20-year-old daughter fled a Birmingham suburb to join Islamic State militants in Syria after being recruited via the Internet.
- Family spokesman: Alabama woman leaves to join ISIS in Syria Updated: Apr-20-15 7:52 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A spokesman for a Muslim couple in Alabama says their 20-year-old daughter fled a Birmingham suburb to join ISIS militants in Syria after being recruited on the Internet.
- Mike Slive: Still SEC boss after cancer battle, feels good Updated: Apr-20-15 6:00 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Mike Slive made it clear he's still the boss of the Southeastern Conference, even with his successor seated next to him.
- Alabama teacher gets fellowship to learn about Holocaust Updated: Apr-20-15 11:09 am
SARDIS CITY, Alabama - Farrah Hayes uses stories from one of the most tragic periods in history to teach English to her students at Sardis High School.
- Handcuffed suspect steals police car; doesn't get far Updated: Apr-20-15 7:02 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A handcuffed man who stole a police car in Alabama has been arrested again.
- Silver Airways adding routes throughout Southeast Updated: Apr-16-15 2:10 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - An airline has announced plans to expand service throughout the Southeast.