- Man found fatally shot in southwest Birmingham Updated: Nov-27-15 4:52 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near an abandoned apartment complex.
- Police: Man fatally shot at an apartment complex Updated: Nov-26-15 4:15 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man has been shot to death at an apartment complex in Birmingham.
- Quiet speedster Nelson joins Arizona's passing game Updated: Nov-25-15 8:54 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - When you're 5-foot-10, weigh 160 pounds and play in the NFL, you'd better be fast.
- Birmingham man sentenced for pharmacy robberies Updated: Nov-25-15 5:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Birmingham man has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison for two armed robberies of pharmacies.
- Birmingham police investigating shooting death Updated: Nov-24-15 5:56 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police are investigating the shooting death of a car passenger.
- 1 arrested, 1 sought in Wal-Mart parking lot robbery Updated: Nov-23-15 4:44 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man accused of robbing a woman in the parking lot of a Birmingham Wal-Mart has been arrested.
- Birmingham police charge man with capital murder Updated: Nov-21-15 10:28 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An 18-year-old man who was already in custody on unrelated charges now faces a capital murder charge.
- Lewis Sullivan scores 22 points, leads UAB over Troy 79-63 Updated: Nov-19-15 11:29 pm
TROY, Alabama - Lewis Sullivan scored 22 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Alabama-Birmingham to a 79-63 victory over Troy on Thursday night.
- Birmingham teen arrested in 3 fatal shootings Updated: Nov-19-15 7:19 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say a teenager has been arrested in three shooting deaths and is being investigated in an additional homicide case.
- Laxative identified as substance in plane's cargo area Updated: Nov-19-15 2:09 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A powdered substance that prompted an investigation at Birmingham's airport turned out to be an over-the-counter laxative.
- Coroner: Man rescued days after fire died of drug overdose Updated: Nov-18-15 1:07 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Authorities say a disabled man who was removed from an apartment building days after it was evacuated because of a fire died of a drug overdose.
- Former Alabama union president sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Nov-18-15 12:51 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a former union president who represented Veterans Affairs Hospital workers has been sentenced to prison time for embezzlement.
- Donald Trump expected to visit Birmingham for rally Updated: Nov-17-15 1:52 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Alabama Secretary of State's office says Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is expected to visit the state for a rally at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex.
- Brown's 2 free throws lifts UAB past Alabama State, 72-70 Updated: Nov-17-15 12:47 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Robert Brown drained two free throws with three seconds left to lift Alabama-Birmingham to a 72-70 win over Alabama State in the Blazers home opener Monday night.
- Lang's late 3-pointer lift Auburn over UAB 75-74 Updated: Nov-14-15 1:38 am
AUBURN, Alabama - TJ Lang made a 3-pointer with 16.3 seconds left and Auburn held on to beat Alabama-Birmingham 75-74 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
- Hoover woman shot and killed during argument Updated: Nov-09-15 2:18 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Police say a 40-year-old woman was shot and killed at a Hoover apartment complex when a family argument escalated.
- Woman arrested, charged with stealing from elderly victims Updated: Nov-09-15 1:44 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Authorities have arrested a Birmingham woman who they say stole $60,000 worth of cash and property from an elderly woman she worked for.
- Family searching for donor for infant with rare disorder Updated: Nov-07-15 2:19 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - Asher Mae Collins smiles sweetly as she excitedly waves both hands at her sides. The 17-month-old has the common physical traits of a child born with Down syndrome - small stature and an upward slant to the eyes.
- Police: Truck driver killed in crash with Amtrak train Updated: Nov-06-15 5:53 pm
BESSEMER, Alabama - Authorities say a truck driver has died in a crash with an Amtrak train in Alabama and that no one aboard the train was hurt.
- Man charged with kidnap, rape of woman in front of children Updated: Nov-05-15 5:23 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man accused of abducting a woman and two children and raping the woman in front of them has been arrested.
- Officer's award rescinded after video of shooting surfaces Updated: Nov-04-15 3:57 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Six months after awarding an officer for shooting a robbery suspect, the Birmingham Police Department rescinded the medal this week after the release of video that showed the suspect was on his hands and knees sinking to the ground when he was wounded.
- Deputies: Woman shoots, kills abductor after assault Updated: Nov-04-15 2:56 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Authorities say a woman shot and killed a man who allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted her near Birmingham.
- Birmingham police probe killing on city's west side Updated: Nov-03-15 8:03 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police are investigating a killing in the Ensley area.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute set to reopen Updated: Nov-01-15 4:01 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is set to reopen after building repairs prompted the facility's unexpected closure.
- Honored teacher says frustration led to resignation letter Updated: Oct-30-15 9:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Ann Marie Corgill is a nationally certified educator and a published author with more than 20 years of experience who was selected as a finalist for national teacher of the year in 2014-2015. So when she was told she wasn't qualified for her new position teaching fifth grade at a federally funded low-income school, she was more than a little frustrated.