- Ala. schools officials consider bus fees Updated: Dec-11-13 8:49 pm
- Alabama newspaper owner Carmage Lee Walls Sr. dies Updated: Dec-11-13 8:34 pm
- NCAA events coming to Birmingham facility Updated: Dec-11-13 8:20 pm
- Birmingham opens shelter during cold blast Updated: Dec-11-13 5:34 am
- Birmingham leaders extend payday loan moratorium Updated: Dec-10-13 8:49 pm
- Ala board denies parole at urging of Miss lawmaker Updated: Dec-10-13 5:11 pm
- Hoover schools reverse decision to end bus service Updated: Dec-10-13 8:26 am
- Alabama sheriff's deputy dies after ATV crash Updated: Dec-09-13 3:57 pm
- Ala. man fatally shot in argument over television Updated: Dec-08-13 2:40 pm
- Bessemer jail reopening for Birmingham inmates Updated: Dec-08-13 12:30 pm
- Ala. school district opposes class-action request Updated: Dec-06-13 4:59 pm
- Funeral set for woman killed in post-game shooting Updated: Dec-06-13 9:14 am
- Study: Pharmaceutical research boosts Ala. economy Updated: Dec-05-13 5:34 am
- Renasant wrapping up M&F merger, branch closures Updated: Dec-05-13 4:49 am
- Payday lending moratorium extended in Montgomery Updated: Dec-04-13 7:17 pm
- Alabama looking to attract Boeing assembly plant Updated: Dec-04-13 6:09 pm
- No SEC team in the title game? Different, yes.... Updated: Dec-04-13 11:18 am
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- Johnson, Lee in runoff for Alabama House 53 Updated: Dec-03-13 10:20 pm
- Correction: Football Party Shooting story Updated: Dec-03-13 3:00 pm
- Woman charged in post-game shooting free on bond Updated: Dec-03-13 11:15 am
- Searchers find body of missing Ala teen Updated: Nov-30-13 8:16 am
- Ala. man accused of sending girls obscene photos Updated: Nov-29-13 4:06 am
- Family unharmed as home burns on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-29-13 4:05 am
- Thanksgiving cooking turns into home fire Updated: Nov-28-13 3:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State Department of Education officials say they're open to allowing city school districts to charge students transportation fees.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Southern newspaper owner Carmage Lee Walls Sr. of Birmingham is being remembered as an "ink in the blood" publisher who loved to feel a printing press running and cared enough for his readers to hand deliver their paper when they missed it.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The NCAA says it will hold nearly a dozen championships at a sports complex in Birmingham in coming years.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Another blast of cold air is headed to Alabama, and officials in Birmingham are taking steps to protect homeless people.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham City Council has voted to extend a moratorium on payday loan and title pawn lending businesses for six months.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's parole board refused an early release Tuesday for a former Brighton police officer convicted in the shooting death of the son of a Mississippi legislator in 2009.
HOOVER, Alabama - A school system in suburban Birmingham has reversed a decision to end regular bus service for students.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Jefferson County Sheriff's officials say a deputy who was injured in an ATV crash last week has died.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say a 56-year-old man was fatally shot during an argument over television use.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Jefferson County sheriff's officials say a county jail in Bessemer is set to reopen Dec. 16 with nearly 200 inmates transferring from a facility in Birmingham.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An Alabama school system is fighting to prevent the expansion of a lawsuit filed by former students who say they were sexually molested by a long-time teacher, court documents show.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Family and friends are paying tribute to the Birmingham woman killed at an Iron Bowl party last weekend, and funeral plans have been set for Saturday.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A new report says clinical drug trials and associated pharmaceutical research have become a major part of Alabama's economy, supporting more than 17,000 jobs.
TUPELO, Mississippi - The last six of nine planned branch closures will be completed by Monday as Renasant Bank's merger with M&F Bank if finalized.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Montgomery City Council has extended a moratorium on issuing new business licenses for payday lending companies.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley said Alabama will be among the states submitting a proposal next week to build Boeing's new 777X aircraft, and the proposal will stress more than just the money the state is offering.
Jay Jacobs, the director of athletics at Auburn University, is already lobbying for his school's football team to earn a berth in the BCS National Championship Game if it beats Missouri on Saturday in Atlanta.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Anthony "Alann" Johnson and Arthur Shores Lee will be in a runoff Jan. 28 to decide the Democratic nominee for Alabama House District 53 in Birmingham.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - In a story Dec. 2 about a woman shot after the Iron Bowl, The Associated Press misspelled the name of the victim's sister. Her name is Neketa Shepherd, not Nekesa.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A woman charged with shooting and killing a fellow Alabama football fan moments after the Iron Bowl is now free.
ROCKFORD, Alabama - Authorities have located the body of an Alabama teenager who went missing during a Thanksgiving hunting trip.
SUMITON, Alabama - Police in a small town near Birmingham have accused a 28-year-old man of sending obscene photos to girls who range from 11 to 16 years old.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Thanksgiving almost turned deadly for one Birmingham family in the Wahouma neighborhood.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Thanksgiving cooking turned catastrophic at a Birmingham home when a fire destroyed the residence.