- Sea lion dies at Salt Lake City zoo Updated: May-03-16 12:07 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A sea lion at Salt Lake City's Hogle Zoo has died during a medical procedure.
- Video game developer appeals wage case to Utah Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 4:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah developer of video games like "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005" asked the Utah Supreme Court on Monday to toss out his criminal convictions for not paying more than 100 employees.
- Lawmaker evaluating prison move built homes near Draper site Updated: May-02-16 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker deeply involved in the state prison-relocation process was simultaneously building townhouses near the current prison site.
- Suspect shot by Utah County sheriff's deputy dies Updated: Apr-30-16 5:26 pm
SPANISH FORK, Utah - Authorities say a suspect was shot and killed after allegedly threatening a Utah County sheriff's deputy.
- Firefighters use snowmobiles to fight ski resort blaze Updated: Apr-29-16 7:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say firefighters went up a mountain by snowmobile to fight a blaze at a ski-in restaurant at Solitude resort outside Salt Lake City.
- Utah theater asks judge to block law in "Deadpool" case Updated: Apr-29-16 7:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah theater in trouble for serving booze during the movie "Deadpool" asked a judge to block enforcement of an obscenity law it says is so broad it would apply to an exhibit of Michelangelo's statue "David."
- Ex-deputy pleads guilty in prisoner assault case Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy charged with assaulting a prisoner while working as a bailiff at the Matheson Courthouse has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
- 3rd of 4 Mormon missionaries injured in Brussels goes home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Mormon missionary injured in the Brussels bombing attack is back at home after he was released from a Salt Lake City hospital.
- Salt Lake teens arrested in alleged school shooting plot Updated: Apr-28-16 3:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City police say they've arrested two teenagers suspected of plotting a shooting at their high school, but there's no evidence they could have carried it out.
- K9 killed, suspect wounded in SWAT standoff in Utah Updated: Apr-28-16 1:06 pm
MILLCREEK, Utah - A suspect has been hospitalized and a police K9 has died after a standoff with SWAT officers in Utah.
- Some relatives of man killed by police settle lawsuit Updated: Apr-28-16 11:28 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Though a wrongful death lawsuit is still pending, part of a legal fight connected to a man fatally shot by Salt Lake City police in 2014 has been settled.
- Guns, fake weapons commonly seized at Salt Lake City airport Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials say handguns and objects designed to look like weapons are routinely seized at Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Utah officials want to investigate Bears Ears push Updated: Apr-27-16 6:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers who oppose a new national monument in southern Utah questioned Wednesday whether American Indian people support the idea and called for an investigation.
- Fraud probe in polygamous town aided by surveillance video Updated: Apr-27-16 1:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Investigators took aerial videos and installed surveillance cameras at a polygamous town's general store to gather evidence in a multimillion-dollar food stamp fraud case, prosecutors revealed Wednesday.
- Salt Lake mayor appoints interim police chief as new leader Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - An interim Salt Lake City police chief who's overseen the department amid rising protests over police shootings since his boss's forced resignation was appointed to the job full time on Tuesday.
- Gary Herbert, Mike Lee representing Utah at GOP convention Updated: Apr-26-16 11:42 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert, first lady Jeanette Herbert and a handful of Utah's elected officials are among the state's delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer who could decide the party's presidential nominee.
- Man gets at least 15 years in girlfriend's beating death Updated: Apr-25-16 8:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Colorado man who pleaded guilty to killing his Utah girlfriend with a shovel over a mistaken pregnancy when he was 14 was sentenced to prison Monday.
- Ryan Reynolds helps out Utah cinema in 'Deadpool' trouble Updated: Apr-25-16 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Actor Ryan Reynolds is showing his support for a Salt Lake City movie theater cited under a Utah obscenity law for serving drinks during a screening of his movie "Deadpool."
- Diversity language cut from judge application Updated: Apr-25-16 1:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah legislative panel that picks state court judges will remove a nod to toward diversity in its judicial application after lawmakers declared gender and race should not influence how judges are selected.
- Protesters demand footage of February police shooting Updated: Apr-25-16 12:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - About 25 people recently gathered in the rain to demand that Salt Lake City police release body camera footage of a February shooting.
- 9 recovering after wrong-way crash in Herriman Updated: Apr-25-16 11:49 am
SALT LAKE CITY - All nine people involved in a head-on collision are expected to survive after a teenager drove the wrong way on a Herriman highway.
- Research shows rents rising while wages mostly stay stagnant Updated: Apr-24-16 4:45 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - New research shows rents rising while wages mostly stay stagnant in Utah.
- Salt Lake area teacher resigns over porn-related charges Updated: Apr-24-16 3:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Salt Lake area high school teacher has resigned in the wake of being charged with watching pornography.
- UHP identifies Provo man as fatality in I-15 crash Updated: Apr-24-16 2:45 pm
SPANISH FORK, Utah - Authorities have identified a man killed in a three-vehicle crash near Spanish Fork.
- Earthquake report spurs retrofitting in Utah, Nevada Updated: Apr-24-16 1:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A new report raising the likelihood of a destructive earthquake striking Salt Lake City in the next half century has underscored the urgency to retrofit more than 30,000 older brick homes and other unreinforced buildings at high risk of collapsing.