- Wildlife officials urge caution after bear sightings Updated: May-06-15 6:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Wildlife officials are warning people east of Salt Lake City to be careful after a black bear was spotted near Jeremy Ranch.
- No funding for landslide prevention in North Salt Lake Updated: May-06-15 3:25 pm
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah - Nine months after a severe landslide destroyed property and displaced families in North Salt Lake, no steps have been taken to prevent another disaster.
- Man tries to carry-on semi-automatic pistol at Boise Airport Updated: May-06-15 6:13 am
BOISE, Idaho - A 59-year-old Utah man was cited for trying to bring a semi-automatic pistol in his carry-on bag at the Boise Airport.
- Report: Utah relying on faulty data on water use, shortages Updated: May-05-15 5:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - As state lawmakers consider paying billions for controversial new water projects in the years ahead, a report released Tuesday shows that state water officials don't know exactly how much water Utah residents are using or when the state will face a shortage.
- Utah police investigating body found north of Ogden Updated: May-04-15 7:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police are investigating after a woman's body was discovered by a mountain biker Monday morning in the mountains north of Ogden.
- Historical plaques stolen in Salt Lake City park Updated: May-03-15 9:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police are looking for suspects in the theft of two historical bronze plaques from a Salt Lake City park.
- Man dies after being struck by 2 vehicles in Salt Lake City Updated: May-03-15 8:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A 27-year-old man died after he was struck by two vehicles while walking on Interstate 215 in Salt Lake City.
- Mormon church issues statement on health of its president Updated: May-02-15 9:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has issued its first statement that directly addresses the health of its 87-year-old president.
- California man dies in Utah parasailing accident Updated: May-02-15 8:47 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah - A California man has been killed in a parasailing accident in Utah.
- Body found in suitcase in Utah linked to missing Vegas woman Updated: May-02-15 6:37 pm
Police in Utah and Nevada are trying to determine whether a body found in a large suitcase along a freeway near Salt Lake City is that of a missing Las Vegas woman.
- Northern Utah town of Mantua known as a speed trap Updated: May-02-15 1:26 pm
MANTUA, Utah - The tiny northern Utah town of Mantua has become known as a speed trap.
- Utah prosecutors dropping case alleging abuse on plane Updated: May-01-15 4:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Federal prosecutors in Utah are moving to dismiss a case alleging a 3-year-old boy was abused on a plane.
- Teen murder suspect appears in court Updated: Apr-30-15 8:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Colorado teenager accused in his Utah girlfriend's 2012 beating death was in court Thursday, marking his first hearing since he was ordered to stand trial for murder as an adult.
- Judge orders inquiry of FBI witness tampering accusation Updated: Apr-30-15 8:20 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge in Utah has assigned a magistrate to investigate claims that the FBI pressured a former government operative into backing out of testifying in a lawsuit accusing the agency of failing to adequately search its files for additional videos of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
- Suitcase with human remains inside found off of I-80 Updated: Apr-30-15 7:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State transportation workers stumbled upon a suitcase with a body inside on the side of a busy Utah highway.
- Utah prosecutors drop murder charge, cite possible alibi Updated: Apr-30-15 6:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah prosecutors say information about a possible alibi has led them to drop a murder charge against a man who was scheduled to go on trial this summer but was ready to change his plea.
- Group leaves Washington, but no Medicaid deal yet Updated: Apr-29-15 8:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert and Republican legislative leaders said they were optimistic Wednesday after leaving a meeting in Washington with federal officials, but they're still without a deal or new flexibility to expand Medicaid in Utah.
- Tennis club sues North Salt Lake, developer over landslide Updated: Apr-29-15 2:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A tennis club whose tent was destroyed in a large landslide on a Utah hill last fall is suing North Salt Lake City and the developer who built homes nearby.
- Utah officials to hold public meetings on prison relocation Updated: Apr-29-15 5:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials looking for a new place to build a state prison are planning to hold meetings over the next few months where local residents can ask questions about the project.
- Former middleweight champion Gene Fullmer dies at 83 Updated: Apr-28-15 8:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gene Fullmer, a former middleweight champion and member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame whose 55 career victories included two wins over Sugar Ray Robinson, has died, his nephew said Tuesday. He was 83.
- Utah officials say chronic homeless population has decreased Updated: Apr-28-15 6:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State officials are touting the success of a decade-old program that provides housing to Utah's homeless.
- Lawsuit claims officer hit girl with police truck Updated: Apr-28-15 3:52 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah father is suing Salt Lake County's Unified Police Department, claiming that an officer driving a police truck hit and injured his 13-year-old daughter.
- Gay marriage opponents, supporters rally in Utah Updated: Apr-28-15 1:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage are rallying in Utah on Tuesday after the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments on the constitutionality of laws banning such marriages.
- Salt Lake City bishop named new Santa Fe archbishop Updated: Apr-27-15 7:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In another move reflecting the social justice agenda of Pope Francis, the church announced Monday that pope has appointed Salt Lake City bishop and immigration-reform advocate John C. Wester as the new archbishop for New Mexico's largest diocese.
- Suspect arrested after crashing through Utah airport fences Updated: Apr-27-15 6:53 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man has been arrested after crashing his car through two fences and sprinting from police onto a runway at the Salt Lake City airport early Monday.