- Independence police officer shoots, kills man after chase Updated: Feb-08-16 7:59 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Authorities have identified a man who was shot and killed by Independence police after a chase.
- Kansas City man charged in fatal shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 7:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 29-year-old man accused in the January shooting death of another man in Kansas City has been charged with murder.
- Boy killed in Kansas City area apartment fire Updated: Feb-07-16 3:18 pm
RAYTOWN, Missouri - An early morning fire in a Kansas City area apartment has killed a child and injured a woman and another child.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Seattle beats UMKC 65-55 behind Powell's 17 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
SEATTLE - William Powell scored 17 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and made six assists as Seattle beat the University of Missouri-Kansas City 65-55 on Saturday night to win its fifth straight.
- Kansas won't join effort to tighten domestic abuse gun laws Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas appears unlikely to join more than two dozen states that have passed laws in the last two years making it more difficult for domestic abusers to possess weapons, a state representative who introduced a similar law during the 2015 legislative session said.
- 2 men convicted of trying to kill deputy during robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 1:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A jury has convicted two Kansas men of attempted murder and other charges for allegedly shooting a deputy sheriff several times while robbing a convenience store last March.
- 11 defendants indicted in $1.2 million oxycodone conspiracy Updated: Feb-05-16 8:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Federal prosecutors in Kansas City say 11 defendants have been indicted by a federal grand jury in a $1.2 million conspiracy to distribute Oxycodone.
- Independence police officer shoots, kills man after chase Updated: Feb-05-16 7:04 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence police say a police officer fatally shot a man after a chase.
- Kansas City applies for federal transportation grant Updated: Feb-05-16 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City has applied for a federal grant to help mid-sized cities test transportation innovations.
- DNA links Missouri inmate to Kansas City woman's 1986 rape Updated: Feb-05-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man serving time for rape, kidnapping and other violent crimes has been charged in connection with the July 1986 rape of a Kansas City woman.
- Cal State Bakersfield beats UMKC 77-66 behind Basile Updated: Feb-05-16 12:12 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Dedrick Basile scored 20 points with four 3-pointers and Cal State Bakersfield beat Missouri-Kansas City 77-66 on Thursday to sweep the season series against the Kangaroos.
- Missouri APME contest winners Updated: Feb-04-16 10:07 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri 2015 APME News Writing and Photojournalism/Graphics Contest winners:
- 4 face federal charges accusing them of selling steroids Updated: Feb-04-16 4:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri couple and two other people face federal charges accusing them of making and selling more than $2 million worth of anabolic steroids.
- Some of NFL's biggest stars never played in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:06 pm
Some of the NFL's biggest all-time stars have a gaping hole on their playing resumes.
- 2 men charged in double homicide in Kansas City Updated: Feb-04-16 8:42 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two Kansas City men have been charged with fatally shooting two men and wounding a third.
- 9 suspended KC police officers to be reinstated, reassigned Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Nine Kansas City police officers who were suspended during an internal investigation into the department's crimes against children unit will be reinstated and assigned to patrol bureau.
- St. Joseph man pleads guilty in solar energy fraud case Updated: Feb-03-16 2:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The owner of solar energy installation company in St. Joseph has pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a $1.4 million fraud scheme.
- Kansas City museum learns it has a real Hieronymus Bosch Updated: Feb-02-16 10:08 am
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri, has learned that a 16th century oil-wood panel the museum owns was painted by the Dutch artist Hieronymus Bosch.
- Kansas dinner theater cleans up from norovirus outbreak Updated: Feb-02-16 9:39 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City dinner theater has spent $40,000 cleaning up after a norovirus outbreak sickened more than 600 people.
- Travel now: Hieronymus Bosch; Epcot flower fest; Kengo Kuma Updated: Feb-01-16 3:14 pm
NELSON-ATKINS HAS A REAL HIERONYMUS BOSCH
- Missouri bill no longer targets Kansas City earnings tax Updated: Jan-28-16 4:28 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Kansas City has been dropped from a bill targeting a 1-percent tax that people who work or live there and in St. Louis must pay.
- Pittsburg takes down banner from Post Office Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
PITTSBURG, Kansas - A post office in a southeast Kansas city has removed a "God Bless America" banner after an organization complained the banner violated the principle of separation church and state.
- Report: Royals have biggest attendance increase over decade Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A financial news and opinion company reports the Kansas City Royals have seen the biggest increase in fan attendance among all major professional U.S. sports teams over a 10-year span.
- Kansas City Council has 2 proposals for Kemper Arena future Updated: Jan-27-16 2:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two businessmen from Wichita are offering a competing vision for repurposing Kemper Arena.