- Effort starts to fight Kansas City's new minimum wage law Updated: Jul-29-15 8:28 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of business associations has started a petition drive to try to force a referendum election aimed at overturning Kansas City's new minimum wage law.
- Chiefs' Berry to practice 8 months after cancer diagnosis Updated: Jul-29-15 2:47 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Eight months after getting the stunning news that he had cancer, Chiefs Pro Bowl safety was expected back on the practice field Wednesday, a day after doctors gave him the all-clear.
- Chiefs Pro Bowl DT Dontari Poe out after back surgery Updated: Jul-28-15 11:53 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs are facing a potentially devastating loss on defense, even though training camp doesn't begin for veterans until this weekend.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- Man sentenced to 15 years for secretly recording young girls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man who followed women around area retail stores so he could secretly record videos up their skirts was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in federal prison for attempting to produce child pornography.
- Missouri River race to St. Louis begins Updated: Jul-28-15 9:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - About 600 paddlers are headed east down the Missouri River to St. Charles for the start of the Missouri 340 race.
- Woman, 95, dies after being hit by car in Kansas City Updated: Jul-27-15 12:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 95-year-old woman has died after being struck by a car that was backing out of a parking place in Kansas City.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Missouri man accused of killing father during argument Updated: Jul-26-15 4:29 pm
GRANDVIEW, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his 75-year-old father.
- Fundraising for medical campus in Joplin more than half done Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Supporters of a new medical campus to Joplin say they have raised more than two-thirds of the money needed to open the school next year.
- Group wants to build tiny house village in Kansas City Updated: Jul-26-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A nonprofit group says it would like to build a neighborhood village of tiny houses somewhere in Kansas City and city planning officials are interested in hearing more details.
- 2 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Kansas City party Updated: Jul-26-15 11:39 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police are investigating a shooting at a family party that left two people dead and three others injured.
- Astros make room for LHP Kazmir, send OF Hoes to Triple-A Updated: Jul-24-15 6:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Houston Astros have cleared roster space for newly acquired pitcher Scott Kazmir by optioning outfielder L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Fresno.
- Royals recall INF Cuthbert from Triple-A, send down Coleman Updated: Jul-24-15 4:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have recalled infielder Cheslor Cuthbert from Triple-A Omaha and sent down infielder Dusty Coleman.
- Chiefs cornerback Smith suspended 3 games for DUI arrest Updated: Jul-24-15 12:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith will miss the first three games of the regular season, including matchups against the Broncos' Peyton Manning and Packers' Aaron Rodgers, after he was suspended Friday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Kansas City OKs finance deal for new convention hotel Updated: Jul-24-15 11:19 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City officials have approved a financing deal for building a new downtown convention center hotel.
- Young pulled early, Royals fall short in loss to Cardinals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ned Yost pulled Chris Young early, leaning on relievers who threw five scoreless innings. The Kansas City Royals' comeback bid fell just short.
- Lackey goes 7, Rosenthal holds on as Cardinals beat Royals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey wore a Cardinals 1985 World Series T-shirt as a 6-year-old growing up in Abilene, Texas, courtesy of an aunt then living in St. Louis.
- Kansas City man charged in death of boy, 3 Updated: Jul-23-15 7:38 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has been charged in the death of a 3-year-old boy who was killed when shots were fired into his family's home.
- Rep. Cleaver heading to Africa on Obama trip Updated: Jul-23-15 1:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Rep. Emanuel Cleaver is among other members of Congress joining President Obama on the president's upcoming trip to Africa.
- Correction: Pirates-Royals story Updated: Jul-23-15 10:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story July 22 about Kansas City's win over Pittsburgh, The Associated Press reported erroneously the inning in which Mike Moustakas hit his three-run home run. It was hit in the seventh inning.
- Molina's clutch triple rallies Cardinals past White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:21 am
CHICAGO - With a solid pitching staff and deep lineup, the St. Louis Cardinals can beat you in a variety of ways. This time, it was a rare triple for their All-Star catcher.
- Pirates promote infielder Pedro Florimon Updated: Jul-22-15 7:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Pittsburgh Pirates have selected the contract of Pedro Florimon from Triple-A Indianapolis and inserted him into the lineup at shortstop Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals.