- Topeka family finally makes it home from Ukraine Updated: Mar-09-14 7:19 pm
- Mo. school proposals seek options close to home Updated: Mar-09-14 1:38 pm
- Idaho rallies to beat UMKC 87-80 Updated: Mar-09-14 12:53 am
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends Updated: Mar-08-14 3:10 pm
- GOP candidate Kashkari reports income for 2013 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:00 pm
- FBI: No danger on plane searched in Kansas City Updated: Mar-07-14 12:53 pm
- Lawsuit: KC district made reasons to eject blacks Updated: Mar-07-14 11:29 am
- Kansas City won't allow drunk people to carry guns Updated: Mar-07-14 7:02 am
- UMKC rallies to beat Seattle 76-70 Updated: Mar-06-14 11:14 pm
- Kansas City group asks ICE to return deported man Updated: Mar-06-14 10:49 pm
- Texas man accused of soliciting underage girls Updated: Mar-06-14 6:29 pm
- Pope defensive on sex abuse as commission lags Updated: Mar-05-14 5:48 pm
- House budget chief seeks two-tier school funding Updated: Mar-05-14 5:12 pm
- Rockhurst plans $25 million classroom building Updated: Mar-05-14 10:37 am
- Kansas City's Union Station ends year with surplus Updated: Mar-05-14 7:53 am
- Kansas City makes pitch for Republican convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:06 pm
- KC buses to offer free Wi-Fi Updated: Mar-03-14 11:43 am
- Gunfire reported near 3 Kansas City gas stations Updated: Mar-02-14 3:14 pm
- Kansas City's Reid honored at NFL 101 Awards Updated: Mar-01-14 8:11 pm
- Winter storm begins moving into Kansas, Missouri Updated: Mar-01-14 4:59 pm
- State sales tax hurting gyms' financial fitness Updated: Mar-01-14 11:40 am
- 3 Kansas City area men convicted of cargo theft Updated: Feb-28-14 6:19 pm
- Kansas City suburbs looking for missing woman Updated: Feb-28-14 2:16 pm
- 2 groups battle over the future of Kemper Arena Updated: Feb-28-14 2:09 pm
- Missouri bishop dies in Ireland after cancer fight Updated: Feb-28-14 3:44 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas couple and their four newly adopted children have made it home after a month in Ukraine, where they were stranded amid violence and civil unrest.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Reining in a wide-open Missouri school transfer law could involve first trying to get students into a better school located in their struggling school district if there is space.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Madison pumped in 26 points and Connor Hill added 24 more, including six 3-pointers, to propel Idaho to an 87-80 comeback win over Missouri-Kansas City on Saturday night.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A marathon spelling bee between two Kansas City-area students who exhausted the initial word list last month ended after 29 more rounds Saturday when the eventual runner-up stumbled over the word "stifling."
SACRAMENTO, California - Republican candidate for governor Neel Kashkari filed his first financial disclosure form with the state Friday, reporting income of more than $100,000 last year from his former employer but few reportable financial holdings.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities say they didn't find anything suspicious on an American Airlines plane that was searched after landing at Kansas City International Airport.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former employee of Kansas City's downtown entertainment district alleges that the district's owners and others deliberately created disturbances so they could eject black patrons from the area.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Intoxicated people still can't legally carry guns in Kansas City.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Frank Williams scored 16 points Thursday night and Martez Harrison added 14 as the University of Missouri-Kansas City beat Seattle 82-73.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The 12-year-old daughter of a man recently deported from Kansas City tried to meet with immigration officials Thursday to plead for her father's return from Mexico, but she and an advocacy group helping the family said they were turned away after being told no one was available after showing up unannounced.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Texas man faces federal charges of traveling to Missouri to have sex with two underage girls after agreeing to pay $400 to a police officer who posed as their father.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is coming under increasing criticism that he simply doesn't get it on sex abuse.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A state funding increase for public schools would be partly dependent upon a strong economy under a new spending plan outlined Wednesday by the top budget writer in the Missouri House.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Rockhurst University plans to erect a $25 million classroom building that will provide its 3,000 students with the latest technology.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After years of struggles, Kansas City's Union Station appears to be on solid financial footing.
Mayor Sly James sang and others talked up Kansas City's ability to put on a good show as a delegation of about two dozen people made a pitch Monday to host the 2016 Republican National Convention in Missouri.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority says it's going to offer free Wi-Fi service on several of its buses.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police are looking for gunmen who fired high-powered weapons at patrons of at least three gas stations around the city.
KANSAS, CITY, Missouri - Kansas City's Andy Reid was honored as the AFC Coach of the Year on Saturday at the NFL 101 Awards, and Carolina's Ron Rivera - Reid's former protege - took the NFC award.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A winter storm packing high winds, ice and heavy snow threatened to create hazardous driving conditions across Kansas and Missouri, accompanied by wind chills approaching 25 below zero in some areas.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Some Missouri lawmakers want exercise to be taxing - not taxed.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Three Kansas City area men have been convicted of charges stemming from a conspiracy to steal about $1 million worth of trucks and their cargo.
GRAIN VALLEY, Missouri - Police in a Kansas City suburb are asking for the public's help in locating a woman who hasn't been seen since mid-January.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - For the past four years, Kemper Arena has sat nearly empty - silent and mostly forgotten as high-profile concerts and other marquee events migrated to the Sprint Center downtown.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Roman Catholic Bishop Raymond James Boland, the retired leader of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, has died after returning to his native Ireland to enter hospice care.