- Cardinals shut out again, lose to Royals 5-0 Updated: May-23-15 12:56 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The St. Louis Cardinals are on an uncharacteristic dry spell.
- Morales homers twice, drives in 5 runs in Royals' victory Updated: May-23-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kendrys Morales is leading the American League with 37 RBIs. A year ago, he wasn't even playing - he was waiting for an offer as a free agent.
- Proposed Kansas City hotel clears hurdle with officials' OK Updated: May-22-15 4:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A proposed Kansas City hotel has cleared a hurdle with city officials approving plans in helping finance the $302 million project.
- Kansas City art collection gets $2.32M at Chicago auction Updated: May-22-15 3:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - More than 30 American paintings collected by a Kansas City couple was sold this week for more than $2 million at an auction in Chicago.
- Final defendant sentenced in Petro America securities fraud Updated: May-22-15 5:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 46-year-old Arizona man has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison for his role in a $10.2 million securities fraud conspiracy that victimized more than 12,000 investors across the U.S. and Canada.
- Missouri college breaks ground on innovation campus Updated: May-21-15 4:26 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Construction has begun on the Northland Innovation Campus that will expand the presence of Northwest Missouri State University in the Kansas City area.
- Royals reliever Madson takes long road back to big leagues Updated: May-21-15 3:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - One or 2 percent. That was it.
- KC woman charged in 2-year-old daughter's death Updated: May-21-15 5:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 36-year-old Kansas City woman has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
- Guthrie throws 6 scoreless innings; Royals top Reds 7-1 Updated: May-21-15 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals are off to the best start in franchise history.
- Leaders worry St. Louis is a destination for state parolees Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - A halfway house in downtown St. Louis is a concern for business leaders and residents who worry the area has become a destination for parolees fresh out of prison.
- Person of interest questioned in shooting at water park Updated: May-20-15 3:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities are questioning a person of interest in a shooting in the lobby to a water resort in eastern Kansas City.
- 3 caimans, the largest 6 feet, found at Kansas City home Updated: May-20-15 11:23 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities say three large reptiles that are similar to alligators have been found at a Kansas City home.
- Springfield mail processing center on track to move in July Updated: May-20-15 8:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Despite efforts by Missouri's senators, the U.S. Postal Service is scheduled to move its mail processing operations out of Springfield this summer.
- Advocacy group says Kansas City has 1,324 untested rape kits Updated: May-19-15 6:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A national rape victim advocacy group says Kansas City has 1,324 untested rape kits.
- Rafael Furcal retires after 14 major league seasons Updated: May-19-15 5:00 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former NL Rookie of the Year Rafael Furcal is retiring after 14 major league seasons.
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri Updated: May-19-15 6:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man who escaped from custody in Kansas City, Kansas, last week has been found.
- Kansas City-area man shoots his way to Guinness world record Updated: May-19-15 5:07 am
HARRISONVILLE, Missouri - A Kansas City-area man has shattered 3,635 clay targets in 60 minutes to set a new trapshooting record.
- Kansas City man accused of firing gun, stripping sentenced Updated: May-19-15 3:53 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man accused of firing a gun and taking off his clothes has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison.
- Kansas City man convicted of stabbing grandmother to death Updated: May-18-15 4:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri judge has found 19-year-old Kansas City man guilty of stabbing his grandmother to death a day after she celebrated her 70th birthday.
- Chiefs wrap up 3-day look at rookies in minicamp Updated: May-18-15 3:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Mitch Morse would have been hard-pressed to find a better opportunity.
- River recedes at Mosby; 12 homes badly damaged Updated: May-18-15 1:11 pm
MOSBY, Missouri - Most of the residents of the northwestern Missouri town of Mosby are back home after a sudden flood caused by heavy rain.
- Missouri siblings named nation's top small business persons Updated: May-18-15 11:07 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alan Doan's entrepreneurial dreams were to start the next Facebook or Google.
- Farm finances weaker at start of 2015 Updated: May-18-15 5:06 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Many farmers in the region are starting off the year in weaker financial shape than a year ago.
- Kansas City considers beer, liquor sales at farmers market Updated: May-18-15 2:31 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City is considering a proposal to allow the sale of locally produced beer and liquor at a farmers market in the wake of successful sales of Missouri wine.
- 19-year-old killed in shooting outside water park Updated: May-17-15 6:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities say the person killed in a shooting near a water resort in eastern Kansas City was a 19-year-old man.