- Kansas City man sentenced to life for grandmother's death Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri judge has sentenced a 19-year-old Kansas City man to life in prison for stabbing his grandmother to death a day after she celebrated her 70th birthday.
- Body pulled from Missouri River near Kansas City Updated: Jun-30-15 2:48 pm
SUGAR CREEK, Missouri - Crews from the Missouri State Highway Patrol have pulled a body from the Missouri River near Sugar Creek.
- Overland Park giving $25K to Skywalk Memorial Updated: Jun-30-15 5:05 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - The Overland Park City Council has agreed to give $25,000 to a planned memorial commemorating a 1981 hotel disaster in Kansas City.
- Sporting KC beats Rapids 2-0 in Chance Myers' return Updated: Jun-27-15 11:02 pm
- Some criticize KCP&L Home Energy Report program Updated: Jun-27-15 2:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Some Kansas City Power & Light customers say a program that compares their energy use with their neighbors' is a form of "energy shaming" that doesn't help make homes more energy efficient.
- USDA proposes healthier fare for child, adult day cares Updated: Jun-27-15 10:48 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - As teachers lament seeing toddlers too large to fit in playground swings, a federal program that feeds millions of low-income children may be overhauled for the first time in almost 50 years, aiming to make the meals at day cares healthier and reduce obesity.
- Power out, trees down after storm hits much of Missouri Updated: Jun-26-15 7:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Storms with wind gusts up to 80 mph and torrential rains swept across Missouri overnight into Friday morning, leaving more than 150,000 homes and businesses without power and forcing dozens of water rescues.
- The Latest: Missouri reacts to gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 7:42 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest reaction in Missouri to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize marriages between same-sex couples (all times local):
- Missouri moves swiftly to begin same-sex marriages Updated: Jun-26-15 5:47 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Within hours of the U.S. Supreme Court's landmark decision Friday to legalize gay marriage - upending Missouri's constitutional ban on the practice - same-sex couples in the state applied and were granted marriage licenses.
- American Royal Parade moving from downtown Kansas City Updated: Jun-26-15 3:51 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After decades in downtown Kansas City, the American Royal Parade is moving to Kauffman Stadium.
- Kansas City man charged with selling illegal fireworks Updated: Jun-26-15 2:25 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has been charged with making and selling an illegal weapon after police say they discovered 185 homemade and commercial fireworks in his home.
- Preliminary test results good news for Kansas City schools Updated: Jun-25-15 4:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City Public Schools leaders say preliminary high school test results from the spring make them optimistic about the district's chances of receiving full accreditation.
- Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear moving to North Carolina Updated: Jun-25-15 8:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear will be leaving the zoo for North Carolina.
- EPA to hear testimony from hundreds on renewable fuels plan Updated: Jun-24-15 7:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A federal proposal to reduce the amount of renewable fuels required in gasoline would have a stifling impact on the ethanol industry and goes against the intentions of Congress when it set the standards eight years ago, opponents of the suggested changes said.
- Sly James re-elected as Kansas City mayor Updated: Jun-24-15 8:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Sly James was re-elected to a second term as Kansas City mayor in an election with extremely low voter turnout.
- Motorcyclist dies after hitting Missouri highway truck Updated: Jun-24-15 6:55 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A motorcyclist has died after colliding with a Missouri highway maintenance truck in Kansas City.
- Man sentenced for dropping gun in Kansas City school Updated: Jun-24-15 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man who dropped a loaded handgun inside a Kansas City school auditorium last year has been sentenced to nearly two years in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Gambling, substance abuse summit begins in Kansas City Updated: Jun-24-15 5:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A three-day summit about gambling and substance abuse prevention is getting underway in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Official: Kansas, Missouri close to ending economic war Updated: Jun-23-15 3:24 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Missouri and Kansas officials are close to an agreement that would end a long-running "border war" that saw both states using economic incentives to persuade businesses to move, a Kansas Cabinet secretary said.
- Kansas City police say fake Uber driver picked up couple Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police are investigating a couple's complaint that a man claiming to be an Uber driver picked them up and then took off with the woman in the car.
- Tigers' Cabrera overtakes Royals' Hosmer in All-Star vote Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Some later-voting fans aren't on the Kansas City Royals' All-Star bandwagon.
- Kansas City man dies in house fire Updated: Jun-22-15 8:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A man has been killed in a house fire in Kansas City.
- Jackson County summons dead man for jury duty - twice Updated: Jun-22-15 3:03 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A man who died more than eight years ago has been summoned twice in the last three years for jury duty in Jackson County.
- Man says he was shot while driving on Kansas City interstate Updated: Jun-22-15 8:17 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Police say a man reported he was shot as he drove along an interstate in Kansas City.
- Big Papi hits 476th homer, Red Sox rout Royals 13-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Ortiz passed two Hall of Famers on the career home run chart. He was hardly the only Boston hitter who had a big day.