- Ventura dazzles, Royals offense rolls in 12-1 rout of Tigers Updated: Sep-03-15 12:16 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The only things that slowed down Yordano Ventura on Wednesday night were the long periods that Kansas City's 24-year-old flamethrower spent on the bench between innings.
- Wolf gets battered, Tigers go quietly in 12-1 loss to Royals Updated: Sep-03-15 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Of all the hits that Tigers manager Brad Ausmus watched Wednesday night, the one that left a lasting impression had nothing to do with the four homers the Royals pounded out.
- Fed report shows autos and housing fueling US growth Updated: Sep-02-15 4:31 pm
WASHINGTON - While U.S. housing and auto sales showed strength over the summer, manufacturers were feeling pressure from China's economic slowdown and the oil industry was squeezed by lower energy prices.
- Louisville's schedule includes 2 games vs. NCAA champ Duke Updated: Sep-02-15 4:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville will face defending champion Duke twice along with Final Four participants Michigan State and Kentucky in a schedule featuring 10 games against NCAA Tournament teams.
- Man, 19, found fatally shot on porch in Kansas City Updated: Sep-02-15 2:46 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 19-year-old man was found fatally shot on the porch of a Kansas City residence near Budd Park.
- Cueto struggles again as Royals fall to Tigers 6-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a July 26 trade with Cincinnati, they thought they were getting a staff ace.
- Missouri executes man for 15-year-old girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:31 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - A man who spent nearly 25 years on Missouri's death row was executed Tuesday for the kidnapping, rape and fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old girl who was waiting for a school bus.
- The Latest: Missouri executes man for girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:19 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - The latest on the scheduled execution of Missouri inmate Roderick Nunley, who was convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing a 15-year-old girl in Kansas City in 1989 (all times local):
- Royals bring Gordon off DL, welcome Gomes to Kansas City Updated: Sep-01-15 8:05 pm
- Kansas City Royals hit by chickenpox Updated: Sep-01-15 7:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - All-Star reliever Kelvin Herrera and Royals right fielder Alex Rios have been diagnosed with chickenpox, raising concerns that others on the AL Central leaders may have been exposed.
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Miller returns to stand Updated: Sep-01-15 6:46 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The latest on the sentencing of a white supremacist convicted of capital murder for the deaths of three people at two Jewish sites in the Kansas City area (all times local):
- Missouri Corrections converting Kansas City center Updated: Sep-01-15 3:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Department of Corrections is converting a Kansas City prison release center into a new type of facility.
- Kansas City police say man's death is homicide Updated: Sep-01-15 8:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say the death of a 61-year-old man whose body was found in a burning home has been ruled a homicide.
- Chiefs expect waived players to be snapped up for first time Updated: Aug-31-15 8:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first year that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were in charge of the Chiefs, they were so short of quality depth that they snapped up seven players on waivers.
- Titans rookie Marcus Mariota may not play preseason finale Updated: Aug-31-15 6:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota is ready to execute whatever the Tennessee Titans' gameplan is in their preseason finale Thursday night against the Minnesota Vikings.
- US Department of Education to visit Kansas City school Updated: Aug-31-15 3:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Officials from the U.S. Department of Education have announced an upcoming visit to a Kansas City school.
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years Updated: Aug-31-15 12:32 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Animal Health Corridor that stretches 300 miles in Kansas and Missouri has attracted more than 300 companies in 10 years to do research and develop animal health products, supporters said.
- Police: Human remains found near Kansas River Updated: Aug-31-15 3:43 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police are investigating after skeletal remains were found near the Kansas River in Kansas City.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Smith was familiar with Jeremy Maclin long before the wide receiver signed with Kansas City, first catching him on television and then studying him on film with the Eagles.
- KC police find 1 dead, 2 wounded at home hit by arson Updated: Aug-30-15 11:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police have found a dead man and two other wounded victims at home where the front porch was set on fire several hours earlier.
- Chiefs settle on long snapper, waive 11 players Updated: Aug-30-15 11:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have selected James Winchester to serve as their long snapper, waiving Andrew East and 10 others Sunday as they pare down to the 75-man roster limit by Tuesday afternoon.
- Aaron Murray gets chance to shine in Chiefs preseason game Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The nerves were obvious when the Chiefs' Aaron Murray rolled to his left late in the first half Friday night, looked downfield and threw a perfect pass - right to a Tennessee defender.
- Man charged in pursuit in which KC officer fired shots Updated: Aug-29-15 6:13 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has been charged with trying to ram an officer, leading to gunfire.
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty for man in 5 deaths Updated: Aug-28-15 8:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prosecutors said Friday that they will seek the death penalty against a man charged with using a shotgun to kill three people and fatally beating two others in a quiet south Kansas City neighborhood.