- Danny Duffy roughed up by Indians as Royals lose 10-3 Updated: May-07-15 12:54 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Danny Duffy offered no excuses for his poor performance. Nor did he try to blame anyone else.
- Indians rough up Danny Duffy, roll to 10-3 win over Royals Updated: May-07-15 12:39 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Indians had won just twice in their first 11 games against left-handed starters this season, and were forced to face Royals lefty Danny Duffy on the mound Wednesday night.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Royals bring All-Star closer Greg Holland off disabled list Updated: May-06-15 6:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals' dominant bullpen got even tougher Wednesday when All-Star closer Greg Holland was activated from the disabled list before their game against the Cleveland Indians.
- Indians unable to hit Vargas, fall 5-3 to Royals Updated: May-05-15 11:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Every time someone from the Indians belted a ball into the outfield, there was someone wearing white with "Royals" across their jersey there to catch it.
- Indians active outfielder Nick Swisher from disabled list Updated: May-05-15 6:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Nick Swisher bounced through the visitors clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, giddy as a schoolboy, unable contain the smile on his face after seeing his name on the Cleveland lineup card.
- American Royal barbecue moving to Truman Sports Complex Updated: May-05-15 2:13 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The American Royal plans to move its World Series of Barbecue from western Kansas City to more spacious grounds at the Truman Sports Complex beginning with this year's competition Oct. 1-4, organizers announced Tuesday.
- Missouri House roll call on override of welfare limit cuts Updated: May-05-15 1:48 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 113-42 roll call vote Tuesday by which the Missouri House overrode Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure to lower the lifetime limit for people to receive temporary cash assistance from five years to three years and nine months.
- Kansas and Missouri beef farmers cashing in on high prices Updated: May-05-15 8:49 am
LA CYGNE, Kansas - If beef is on the menu, firing up the grill this year will cost you more than ever before.
- Missouri Senate roll call on override of welfare limit cuts Updated: May-04-15 7:43 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 25-9 roll call vote Monday by which the Missouri Senate overrode Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure to lower the lifetime limit for people to receive temporary cash assistance from five years to three years and nine months. The measure also needs a two-thirds vote in the House to override the governor's veto.
- Tigers, Royals resume respectful rivalry with split Updated: May-04-15 3:05 am
- Cabrera, Sanchez carry Tigers to 6-4 victory over Royals Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Anibal Sanchez could have thrown his fastball into a knothole on Sunday.
- Royals' Lorenzo Cain drops appeal, begins serving suspension Updated: May-03-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain was hoping that nobody saw him throw the punch.
- Chiefs welcome first-round pick Peters on draft's last day Updated: May-02-15 6:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - John Dorsey knew people would have questions if the Kansas City Chiefs chose Marcus Peters in the first round of the draft, so the general manager kept team owner Clark Hunt in the loop.
- 2 men dead after car hits rock wall in downtown Kansas City Updated: May-02-15 4:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two men are dead after their car crashed into a rock wall in downtown Kansas City and caught fire.
- Lack of interest, funding blamed for banquet postponement Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A lack of interest has forced the organizers of a Kansas City banquet to honor members of the military and their families to postpone the inaugural event.
- Chiefs trade up to pick WR Chris Conley in third round Updated: May-01-15 10:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs moved up four spots in a trade with the Vikings on Friday night to choose Georgia wide receiver Chris Conley in the third round of the NFL draft.
- Castellanos get 1st hit for Tigers in 8th against Royals Updated: May-01-15 10:32 pm
- The Latest: It's the Ickey Shuffle! Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - 7:52 p.m. (8:52 p.m. EDT)
- Royals shortstop Escobar placed on 7-day concussion list Updated: May-01-15 6:14 pm
- Reward for information on Kansas City Islamic center damage Updated: May-01-15 7:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The FBI is offering a $2,000 reward for information that helps convict anyone who helped vandalize the Islamic Society of Greater Kansas City.
- Chiefs turn to other needs after picking Peters in round 1 Updated: May-01-15 4:10 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After filling their void at cornerback, the Kansas City Chiefs will begin addressing the rest of their needs as the NFL draft churns through two more rounds on Friday night.
- Yordano Ventura drops appeal of suspension Updated: Apr-30-15 7:56 pm
- Missouri Senate roll call vote on gas tax for road funding Updated: Apr-30-15 4:40 pm
The 18-13 roll call vote Thursday by which the Missouri Senate gave initial approval to a measure that would increase the diesel fuel tax by 3.5 cents a gallon and the tax on other gasoline by 1.5 cents.
- Kansas City traffic stop leads to 90 pounds of meth Updated: Apr-29-15 7:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas Highway Patrol has discovered more than 90 pounds of methamphetamine during a routine traffic stop.