- Browns' Duke Johnson has concussion; Ray Rice on radar? Updated: Aug-30-15 3:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Duke Johnson's concussion has aggravated the Browns' headache at running back.
- Pinellas County man tests positive for West Nile Virus Updated: Aug-30-15 5:07 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A 32-year-old man in Pinellas County recently tested positive for West Nile Virus, the first confirmed human case of the mosquito-borne illness this year.
- Eckerd student arrives safe after 9-month-long sail with dog Updated: Aug-30-15 1:01 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - For nine months, 19-year-old Sally Gardiner-Smith sailed alone with only her cockapoo for company. She would go four or five days without speaking to another human.
- McCown throws 2 TD passes to lead Browns over Bucs Updated: Aug-30-15 12:03 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Browns were a tough matchup for Jameis Winston.
- Rays lose sixth straight to Royals Updated: Aug-29-15 11:08 pm
- Moustakas has 3 RBIs, Royals beat Rays 6-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:00 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Mike Moustakas and the Kansas City Royals both kept up their strong play.
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- As Erika weakens, some in Tampa Bay area are still worried Updated: Aug-29-15 12:31 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tropical Storm Erika has dissipated but folks in the Tampa Bay area are watching it carefully.
- The Latest: Tropical Storm Erica expected to be downgraded Updated: Aug-28-15 5:35 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The latest on storm preparations for Erika (all times local):
- Teachers complain about staff shirts bearing church's name Updated: Aug-28-15 7:26 am
TAMPA, Florida - Some Tampa-area teachers are complaining after being issued staff T-shirts bearing the logo of a sponsoring megachurch.
- Florida family donates $10.9 million to USF Updated: Aug-28-15 3:07 am
TAMPA, Florida - The University of South Florida's Muma College of Business got a $10.9 million shot in the arm that will put the names of Barry and Dana Collier atop the college's student success program.
- Tampa Bay bullpen helps end Twins' 6-game winning streak Updated: Aug-27-15 10:18 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Relievers Brandon Gomes, Alex Colome and Brad Boxberger combined for 4 2-3 scoreless innings and the Tampa Bay Rays ended Minnesota's six-game winning streak, beating the Twins 5-4 on Thursday night.
- Barth rejoins Buccaneers after being released in Denver Updated: Aug-27-15 6:36 pm
- Judge recommends disbarment for lawyers in shock jock trial Updated: Aug-27-15 3:31 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A judge has recommended permanent disbarment for three Tampa lawyers accused of orchestrating the DUI arrest of a rival attorney.
- Gautier arrests lead to federal case of fake credit cards Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal prosecutors say three Florida residents have admitted to producing and using fake credit cards in crimes reported in Mississippi and elsewhere.
- Rays' Casali on DL after straining hamstring during HR trot Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays catcher Curt Casali has been placed on the 15-day disabled list one day after straining his left hamstring running the bases following his own home run in Tuesday night's 11-7 loss to Minnesota.
- Deputies fatally shoot armed man during disturbance call Updated: Aug-26-15 10:47 am
THONOTOSASSA, Florida - Authorities say deputies shot and killed a man who pointed a gun at them as they responded to a domestic disturbance call at a home near Tampa.
- Deputy's vehicle struck by pickup truck during traffic stop Updated: Aug-26-15 6:34 am
LARGO, Florida - A Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy is recovering after his vehicle was struck by a pickup truck during a traffic stop.
- Buccaneers making strides on defense under Lovie Smith Updated: Aug-25-15 7:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Rookie quarterback Jameis Winston is just one of the reasons the Tampa Bay Buccaneers expect to be better. A defense showing signs of improvement this preseason is eager to do its part, too.
- Deputies fatally shoot armed man during disturbance call Updated: Aug-25-15 7:04 pm
THONOTOSASSA, Florida - Authorities say Florida deputies fatally shot a suspect who pointed a gun at them.
- 1 killed when Amtrak train hits car near Tampa Updated: Aug-25-15 5:40 am
TAMPA, Florida - A car collided with a passing Amtrak train near Tampa, killing one person.
- Winston shows progress in Bucs victory over Bengals Updated: Aug-24-15 11:32 pm
TAMPA, Florida - It's only preseason, but Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston is clearly making strides as an NFL quarterback.
- Police searching for armed robber in Tampa Updated: Aug-24-15 5:31 am
TAMPA, Florida - Police are searching for a man who shot another man during an attempted robbery in Tampa.
- New CBP field operations director for Florida offices Updated: Aug-24-15 3:28 am
MIAMI - A new field operations director is taking over for the Customs and Border Protection offices that oversee several ports and airports around Florida.
- The Latest: Florida Gov. won't force legislators to return Updated: Aug-21-15 5:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The latest on the Florida Legislature's special session to pass new congressional districts for the state (all times local).