- St. Pete delays simply ticketing pot possession violators Updated: May-05-16 1:44 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The St. Petersburg City Council has a delayed a vote on decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana until a diversion program is created.
- Dodgers' rally comes up short in 8-5 loss to Rays Updated: May-05-16 1:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts found some positives in a loss to Tampa Bay.
- Tampa Bay Rays hit 4 home runs and beat Dodgers 8-5 Updated: May-05-16 12:19 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have struggled at the plate this season. Surprisingly, hitting home runs has not been an issue.
- Florida businessman paid for state senator's visit to Syria Updated: May-04-16 11:30 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A news report says that a Florida businessman paid for Virginia state Sen. Dick Black's trip to Syria last week.
- 3 Floridians jailed in Mississippi fake credit card probe Updated: May-04-16 6:45 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Three Tampa, Florida, residents suspected of using counterfeit credit cards to get cash advances at Hard Rock Casino in Mississippi have been arrested.
- Train crashes into semi-trailer; no serious injuries Updated: May-04-16 2:23 am
PLANT CITY, Florida - Authorities say no one was seriously injured when a passenger train crashed into a semi-trailer at a Tampa Bay area crossing.
- Moore struggles, Rays fall to Dodgers 10-5 Updated: May-04-16 12:22 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Matt Moore understandably was disappointed.
- Tampa Bay Times buys Tampa Tribune, ends decades-old rivalry Updated: May-03-16 8:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida's largest newspaper, The Tampa Bay Times, said Tuesday it has purchased its main competitor, the Tampa Tribune, ending a decades-long newspaper rivalry.
- Correction: Fleeing Car-Pond Deaths story Updated: May-03-16 5:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In a story April 28 story about activists seeking a probe into the drownings of three Florida teens, The Associated Press reported erroneously that several groups were involved in organizing a news conference. The story also left out the main organizing group, the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement. Black Lives Matter and the NAACP told The Tampa Bay Times that they were not involved in the news conference.
- Tampa considers food donations to pay off parking tickets Updated: May-03-16 8:49 am
TAMPA, Florida - Looking for a way out of a parking ticket? Donate some canned goods to a food bank.
- Florida woman wages 11-year battle to build carport Updated: May-03-16 7:36 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Don't tell Pamella Settlegood you can't fight city hall. She's been waging a battle to build a carport outside her St. Petersburg home for the past 11 years.
- Islanders look to bounce back in Game 3 against Lightning Updated: May-03-16 3:29 am
SYOSSET, New York - The New York Islanders know there are several areas they need to improve to avoid falling behind in their second-round series against Tampa Bay.
- Hulk Hogan seeks rematch with Gawker, sues over transcript Updated: May-02-16 9:12 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has sued Gawker again, saying the gossip website leaked sealed court documents with a transcript that quoted him making racist remarks.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.
- Police: Well-known Florida couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple has died in their home in a murder-suicide.
- Police: Well-known St. Pete couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple whose bodies were found in their home died in a murder-suicide.
- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tyler Johnson continues to have postseason success.
- Buccaneers make improving defense priority of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:10 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers feel they're closer to assembling the talent necessary to become relevant again.
- Florida woman accused of stealing from summer food program Updated: Apr-30-16 11:42 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Florida woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a summer feeding program for low-income children.
- 4 young runaways found sneaking back into Florida facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:34 pm
BRANDON, Florida - Four girls who apparently ran away from a facility for foster children near Tampa were found safe as they tried to sneak back onto the same property, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: 4 girls found safe trying to sneak into facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:29 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Latest on four girls who ran away from a foster home near Tampa, Florida. (all times local):
- Lawsuit: Tampa strip club owes dancers $3.7 million Updated: Apr-29-16 7:52 am
TAMPA, Florida - Dancers and "door girls" have filed a class action lawsuit against a Tampa, Florida, strip club, claiming they're owed some $3.7 million in unpaid wages.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Deputies find body of 2-year-old boy in pond near his home Updated: Apr-28-16 12:19 pm
HUDSON, Florida - A massive search for a 2-year-old Florida boy ended tragically when deputies found his body in a pond about 150 yards from his home in the Tampa Bay area.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm