- Oregonian Media Group chairman leaving for Eugene newspaper Updated: May-05-15 4:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The chairman of The Oregonian Media Group is moving south to take over as editor and publisher of The (Eugene) Register-Guard.
- No charges filed against Springfield driver who killed 3 Updated: May-05-15 2:13 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Springfield man will not face criminal homicide charges for running a red light and crashing his pickup into three young children, killing them.
- Writer proposes local currency named after city's namesake Updated: May-04-15 6:23 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - May I pay for that in Skinners?
- Woman in jail for allegedly stabbing another woman in face Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene woman is in jail after allegedly stabbing another woman in the face.
- Jeff Lockie stars in Oregon spring game Updated: May-02-15 6:03 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The search for Marcus Mariota' replacement has been the No. 1 story for Oregon this spring as Ducks await the arrival of former Eastern Washington star Vernon Adams in June.
- State revokes license of driver who killed 3 children Updated: May-02-15 3:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - State officials have suspended the driver's license of a Springfield man two months after he drove his pickup into three young children, killing them.
- Officials: shooting of Army vet by police officer justified Updated: May-02-15 2:50 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities say a Eugene police officer was justified in shooting and killing a former Oregon Army National Guard captain who pointed a rifle at officers from his home's doorway.
- Longtime Eugene resident found dead in California Lake Updated: May-01-15 12:12 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Police are investigating the death of a longtime Eugene resident whose body was found last weekend in a California lake.
- Nonprofit group closes months-long deal on Civic Stadium Updated: Apr-28-15 2:55 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The dilapidated roof over a 78-year-old Civic Stadium is the first repair in line for the Eugene Civic Alliance, a nonprofit group of community activists that bought the property in a long-awaited deal that closed Monday.
- 2 Oregon women hiking in Nepal report in, say they're safe Updated: Apr-28-15 1:49 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Two 21-year-old friends from their days at Springfield's Thurston High School have reported in from their hiking trip to Nepal and are safe.
- Police identify armed man killed by police after standoff Updated: Apr-25-15 6:49 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities have identified the gunman who was killed Friday after a seven-hour standoff with police, when he barricaded himself inside a converted bus near a Salem Wal-Mart and shot at officers.
- Wreckage of small plane, body found in Cascade foothills Updated: Apr-24-15 6:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Linn County sheriff's office says searchers looking for a missing small plane have found wreckage and a body in the foothills of the Cascade Range.
- Oregon man gets 4 decades in prison for sex crimes Updated: Apr-16-15 2:35 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene, Oregon, man has been sentenced to 42 years in prison after pleading guilty to sex crimes involving children.
- US First: World track championships coming to Eugene in 2021 Updated: Apr-16-15 10:41 am
BEIJING - After nearly four decades of bypassing the United States, track and field's marquee event is finally headed to the country that has been the dominant force in the sport.
- Weather Service estimates Eugene tornado winds at 65-85 mph Updated: Apr-15-15 10:19 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The National Weather Service in Portland has assessed a small tornado that damaged four vehicles in Eugene as one that probably packed winds of 65 to 85 miles per hour.
- Construction worker injured at Eugene Airport Updated: Apr-15-15 5:35 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A man working on the terminal expansion project at Eugene Airport suffered a head injury when he was struck by a tool.
- 2 in Jeep briefly lifted into air by small tornado in Eugene Updated: Apr-15-15 12:08 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A small tornado that touched down Tuesday afternoon in the parking lot of a community college campus briefly lifted two people in a Jeep Cherokee into the air, then slammed the vehicle back down on its tires, witnesses said.
- University of Oregon names Chicago law dean as president Updated: Apr-14-15 8:22 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Michael Schill, dean of the law school at the University of Chicago, was named Tuesday as president of the University of Oregon, becoming the school's fifth leader in six years.
- White powder prompts evacuation of Eugene building Updated: Apr-13-15 5:45 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene credit union was evacuated Monday because of a suspicious package that contained white powder.
- UO professors sign letter urging archivist's reinstatement Updated: Apr-12-15 4:28 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - More than 100 University of Oregon professors have signed a letter urging the university to reinstate archivist James Fox, who is on paid administrative leave.
- Meat packer warned of Clean Water Act suit Updated: Apr-10-15 5:17 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An environmental group has threatened to sue a Lane County slaughterhouse and meat packer, saying it discharged blood and other liquid waste in violation of the federal Clean Water Act.
- Eugene teen indicted on charges of rape and assault Updated: Apr-10-15 12:14 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A grand jury has indicted a Eugene teenager on rape and assault charges.
- Oregon eye doctor restoring sight in developing world Updated: Apr-10-15 10:52 am
EUGENE, Oregon - At once, dozens of Thai natives each removed a bandage from one of their eyes. In an instant, numerous people who had been blind for years, even decades, recaptured the gift of sight. For the next few minutes, tears of joy swept through the auditorium in Mae Ai, Thailand.
- A rough training day for Eugene-Springfield rescue boats Updated: Apr-08-15 10:53 am
EUGENE, Oregon - On a training exercise, a Eugene-Springfield Fire Department rescue boat had to be rescued itself after hitting a submerged log on the McKenzie River and taking on water.
- Ore. judge hears arguments in revived climate change suit Updated: Apr-08-15 8:13 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon judge has heard arguments in a case brought by two Eugene teens who have spent years contending that the state is failing to take adequate steps to stave off climate change.