- Man pleads guilty to reduced charges in roadway shooting Updated: May-22-15 4:23 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A 35-year-old former professional mixed martial arts fighter accused of murder for fatally shooting an unarmed man after a Springfield traffic crash has pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
- Man sentenced to more than 7 years for car crash in Eugene Updated: May-21-15 1:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Before being handed a prison sentence Wednesday, an Oregon Army veteran exchanged kind words with the woman he seriously injured in a car accident while under the influence of drugs.
- Army veteran apologizes to student injured in crash Updated: May-21-15 12:23 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Before being handed a sentence of more than seven years in prison, an Army veteran apologized in court to the 19-year-old nursing student who nearly died when he crashed into her car.
- University of Oregon drops riverfront property project Updated: May-20-15 4:31 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The foundation that manages the University of Oregon's endowment has stunned civic leaders by pulling out of a project to turn the former operations yard of the local public utility into a mix of riverfront apartments, condos, offices, shops and restaurants.
- Trucker killed when car knocks deer into windshield Updated: May-19-15 10:03 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon State Police say the driver of a commercial delivery truck was killed near Eugene when a car hit a small deer and launched it into the truck's windshield.
- Eugene man indicted in July auto wreck that injured 5 others Updated: May-19-15 12:40 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene man has been arrested in connection with a crash last year that seriously injured him and five others on Territorial Highway, west of Creswell.
- Big rig carrying sour cream overturns on Ore. highway Updated: May-18-15 10:29 pm
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - When a tractor-trailer rig loaded with 80,000 pounds of dairy products overturned on an Oregon highway southeast of Eugene, the main problem did not seem to be spilled milk but sour cream - lots and lots of sour cream.
- Eugene builders can't find enough skilled workers Updated: May-18-15 4:04 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - By most accounts, Lane County's construction market is booming.
- Eugene considers banning smoking on downtown sidewalks Updated: May-17-15 5:49 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene is mulling a sidewalk smoking ban.
- UO hopes academics will soon join football in top rankings Updated: May-17-15 9:31 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Chuck Lillis thrills to the sight of the University of Washington rising to the top 50 in rankings of American universities.
- Gov. Kate Brown selects new Lane County judge Updated: May-17-15 7:07 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has appointed Karrie McIntyre to fill a vacancy in Lane County Circuit Court.
- Oregon man convicted of plotting to kill neighbor Updated: May-16-15 4:10 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A jury deliberated for less than two hours before convicting a Eugene man of plotting to kill his 70-year-old neighbor.
- Norovirus outbreak at Lane County senior facilities Updated: May-16-15 1:25 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Five senior living facilities in the Eugene area have reported outbreaks of norovirus in recent weeks.
- Eugene, Springfield hospital workers to vote on unionization Updated: May-15-15 3:16 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Workers at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart hospitals in Eugene and Springfield are set to vote about whether to unionize.
- Small boat overturns on Ore. lake; all 4 occupants rescued Updated: May-15-15 1:31 am
SWEET HOME, Oregon - The Linn County sheriff says four people dumped into the water of an Oregon lake when a small drift boat overturned have been rescued.
- NDSU softball team taking on Fresno State in NCAA tourney Updated: May-14-15 2:27 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota State University softball team is beginning another quest for a national championship.
- Incoming president tours University of Oregon campus Updated: May-13-15 6:50 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The University of Oregon's incoming president is chowing down in Eugene this week and getting ready to chew the fat in Salem.
- Ore. judge rules against teens in climate change lawsuit Updated: May-12-15 3:10 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Two Oregon teenagers who sought to force state lawmakers to work harder on a plan to reduce carbon emissions and help stave off climate change have struck out a second time with a state judge.
- Oregon: 2 burned in motorhome fire Updated: May-12-15 12:41 am
LEBANON, Oregon - Fire officials in Lebanon, Oregon, say a man was critically burned and a woman suffered serious burn injuries when a lit cigarette accidentally ignited propane inside a motorhome.
- Health officials want UO moms to remind kids to get vaccine Updated: May-10-15 7:20 am
EUGENE, Oregon - It's Mother's Day, and health officials are using the occasion to remind parents of University of Oregon students to make sure their kids get vaccinated against meningococcal disease.
- FBI says U.K. man accused of rape may have more victims Updated: May-09-15 5:20 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A man from Wales accused of traveling to Oregon to rape a 10-year-old girl he met through an online chat program has previously traveled to other states in the United States, and there might be other victims, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said.
- Oregon officers cleared in shooting death during standoff Updated: May-08-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A grand jury cleared four Oregon police officers in a fatal shooting after finding an armed man fired at authorities from a converted bus parked outside a Walmart store.
- 6 University of Oregon employees under investigation Updated: May-08-15 2:02 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Six University of Oregon employees are under investigation by state boards after complaints that they mishandled the therapy records of a student who says she was gang-raped.
- Eugene man arrested for fighting at Peaceful Fighter gym Updated: May-08-15 6:14 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A 24-year-old man has been arrested for getting too rough at a martial arts gym in Eugene.
- Ore. officials ID men in fatal Cottage Grove case Updated: May-07-15 12:13 am
COTTAGE GROVE, Oregon - The Lane County sheriff's office has identified the two men involved in a weekend encounter in their Cottage Grove, Oregon, neighborhood that left one man dead and the other with a gunshot wound to the face.