- Fort Polk man sentenced for burglary on Army base Updated: Mar-07-14 6:40 am
- Final groups of Louisiana-based soldiers to return Updated: Mar-06-14 3:12 pm
- Blind vendors, Jindal's office spar over trust Updated: Feb-24-14 7:06 pm
- Alligator hunting proposed at Vernon Lake Updated: Feb-22-14 11:13 am
- Vernon school districts benefit from refinancing Updated: Feb-20-14 6:52 am
- Substitute teacher accused of sex with student Updated: Feb-18-14 5:05 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A federal judge has sentenced a 20-year-old Fort Polk man to a year in prison for a burglary on the central Louisiana military base.
NEW ORLEANS - The last of the 1,200 Louisiana-based soldiers who've been in Afghanistan since last summer are returning home to Fort Polk in the coming days.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A legal battle over the delivery of food services at a Louisiana military base has led to $365,000 in attorney bills for the state. It's also sparked a feud between the Jindal administration and a group of legally blind vendors.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - The Vernon Parish Police Jury wants the state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to add Vernon Lake to its list of alligator harvesting locations.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - The State Bond Commission has approved refinancing for two Vernon Parish school districts to save about $449,000.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - A Vernon Parish substitute teacher is free on bond after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a student.