- Nursing home investigated after death of man left out in sun Updated: May-03-16 10:36 am
PINELLAS PARK, Florida - A Florida nursing home is under police investigation after a 65-year-old man suffered second-degree burns and blisters on his abdomen, symptoms of dehydration and then died of heart failure.
- Tampa considers food donations to pay off parking tickets Updated: May-03-16 8:49 am
TAMPA, Florida - Looking for a way out of a parking ticket? Donate some canned goods to a food bank.
- Florida woman wages 11-year battle to build carport Updated: May-03-16 7:36 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Don't tell Pamella Settlegood you can't fight city hall. She's been waging a battle to build a carport outside her St. Petersburg home for the past 11 years.
- Reality 'difficult to face' after crash kills mom's 4 kids Updated: May-03-16 7:17 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - The mother of a 33-year-old Florida woman who lost four of her five children in a crash on Interstate 95 says her daughter is "devastated" and "feels completely empty."
- Police: robbers eat, shoot dog and put victim in dog cage Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Police have arrested a man suspected of forcing his way into a north Florida apartment, shooting a dog and putting a victim in the dog's cage.
- Teen gets 30 years for killing over mom's stolen rifle Updated: May-03-16 4:13 am
MIAMI - A Miami teen has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the slaying of a man he believed had stolen his mother's rifle.
- Islanders look to bounce back in Game 3 against Lightning Updated: May-03-16 3:29 am
SYOSSET, New York - The New York Islanders know there are several areas they need to improve to avoid falling behind in their second-round series against Tampa Bay.
- Orlando officer arrested on DUI charge after hit-and-run Updated: May-03-16 2:00 am
ORLANDO, Florida - An Orlando police officer has been charged with driving under the influence following a hit-and-run crash in Manatee County.
- Hulk Hogan seeks rematch with Gawker, sues over transcript Updated: May-02-16 9:12 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has sued Gawker again, saying the gossip website leaked sealed court documents with a transcript that quoted him making racist remarks.
- Fleeing suspect shot, wounded by police in South Florida Updated: May-02-16 7:39 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Authorities say a suspect in a stolen car was shot and wounded in South Florida while trying to flee police.
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State has announced that Xavier Rathan-Mayes will return to the court for his junior season. The 6-foot-4 guard declared for the NBA draft last month but did not hire an agent.
- FastTrain college operator gets 8 years in prison for fraud Updated: May-02-16 6:56 pm
MIAMI - The former head of a for-profit college called FastTrain has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison for a multimillion-dollar U.S. government fraud scam.
- Crossing guard manager hits, kills teen near school bus stop Updated: May-02-16 5:50 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - Authorities say a central Florida crossing guard supervisor's vehicle has hit and killed a teen running across a street to catch a school bus.
- Trump's rise is driving immigrants to become citizens Updated: May-02-16 5:20 pm
MIAMI - On a recent Saturday morning in South Florida, 50-year-old Edgar Ospina stood in a long line of immigrants to take the first step to become an American.
- AP source: Jaguars decline 5th-year option on LT Joeckel Updated: May-02-16 5:00 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - According to a person familiar with the process, the Jacksonville Jaguars have declined to exercise a fifth-year option on former first-round draft pick Luke Joeckel.
- The Might of Mickey: Orlando still top US destination Updated: May-02-16 4:47 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - It's a crowded world after all - at least in Orlando's hotels and theme parks.
- Orlando cops on leave during fatal shooting investigation Updated: May-02-16 3:54 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Police officers involved in the fatal shooting of a man carrying an imitation firearm have been placed on customary administrative leave during an investigation, authorities said Monday.
- Officials: FBI thwarts plot against Florida Jewish center Updated: May-02-16 3:50 pm
MIAMI - A man's planned explosive attack on a South Florida Jewish center was thwarted by the FBI through an undercover operation involving a dummy bomb, authorities said Monday.
- Cheering Cubans greet first cruise ship from US in decades Updated: May-02-16 3:34 pm
HAVANA - Greeted with rum drinks and salsa dancers, the first passengers to cruise from the U.S. to Cuba in nearly 40 years streamed Monday into a crowd cheering the rebirth of commercial travel on waters that served as a stage for a half-century of Cold War hostility.
- The Latest: Suspect in Jewish center bomb plot in court Updated: May-02-16 2:47 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on Jewish Center-Plot (all times local):
- 3 planets orbiting dwarf star prime spots to search for life Updated: May-02-16 2:02 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Astronomers searching for life beyond our solar system may need to look no farther than a little, feeble nearby star.
- Couple challenges Florida town's ban on front-yard gardens Updated: May-02-16 1:29 pm
MIAMI - A South Florida couple is headed to court to challenge a village's ban on front-yard vegetable gardens.
- California to Florida: We're better, and stop the stunts Updated: May-02-16 12:55 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - California's governor is ripping into Florida Gov. Rick Scott and his latest effort to try to convince companies to move to Florida.
- Greetings from Asbury Park, opening first hotel in 50 years Updated: May-02-16 9:54 am
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - In the Jersey shore city that gave Bruce Springsteen's debut album its name, owners of the first new hotel to open there in more than 50 years hope they can convince locals and tourists alike that what was once considered a slum by the sea is now a destination with a bright future.
- Man stopped for DUI; sister pulls up to argue, also arrested Updated: May-02-16 9:43 am
OCALA, Florida - A 41-year-old Florida woman defending her younger brother during a DUI arrest also was charged with drunken driving.