- Analysis: New Mississippi lawmakers bring broad experience Updated: Nov-29-15 5:17 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Roughly 20 percent of Mississippi legislative seats will turn over to a different person when the four-year term begins in January, with new members bringing fresh perspectives.
- Ole Miss to demolish site where Faulkner wrote landmark book Updated: Nov-27-15 3:31 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Late one night at the University of Mississippi power plant, William Faulkner turned over a wheelbarrow, used it as a makeshift table and began writing the classic novel "As I Lay Dying" - but where in the building did he do it?
- Moody, Gielo lead Mississippi over Georgia State 68-59 Updated: Nov-25-15 8:03 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Stefan Moody scored 21 points to lead Mississippi to a 68-59 victory over Georgia State on Wednesday night.
- Booneville woman pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 4:05 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - A Booneville woman could spend 20 years in federal prison after admitting she took nearly a quarter million dollars from a Booneville plant.
- Company to conduct clinical trial based on Ole Miss research Updated: Nov-24-15 7:42 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - A privately held biotechnology company will conduct a clinical trial of a compound based on research conducted at the University of Mississippi and ElSohly Laboratories.
- Officer suspended during probe of incident at Ole Miss game Updated: Nov-23-15 7:35 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A New Albany police officer has been suspended with pay during an investigation about whether he punched a spectator at Saturday's Ole Miss-LSU football game.
- No. 19 Ole Miss, No. 23 Mississippi State set for Egg Bowl Updated: Nov-23-15 5:06 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi quarterback Chad Kelly didn't need many words to describe Saturday's highly anticipated Egg Bowl against rival Mississippi State.
- No. 17 LSU falls to No. 25 Mississippi 38-17 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:23 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - LSU is now in the midst of its first three-game losing streak since 1999.
- State prisoner faces federal charge for hospital bomb threat Updated: Nov-21-15 5:48 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A state prisoner faces a federal bomb threat charge after authorities say he phoned a Nov. 13 threat to a Columbus hospital.
- No. 17 LSU, No. 25 Ole Miss try to bolster anemic defenses Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - No. 17 LSU has lost two straight games and fallen out of Southeastern Conference title contention while No. 25 Mississippi lost its last outing two weeks ago in overtime.
- Ole Miss LB Denzel Nkemdiche remains in hospital Updated: Nov-19-15 2:27 pm
Mississippi senior linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche has been hospitalized this week for an undisclosed reason in Oxford, Mississippi, and will not play on Saturday.
- Oxford Pathways Commission could seek biking-related grant Updated: Nov-19-15 11:44 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The Oxford Pathways Commission is considering applying for a grant that provides funds for communities wishing to provide better cycling experiences for its residents.
- Oxford schools get $80,000 Farm to School grant Updated: Nov-18-15 4:04 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The Oxford School District is getting help to put locally-grown agriculture products in the school cafeteria.
- Mississippi athletics receives $25 million donation Updated: Nov-17-15 3:35 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi's athletics department says it has received a $25 million donation from Dr. Gerald "Doc" Hollingsworth.
- Mississippi tops Georgia Southern 82-72 Updated: Nov-16-15 11:14 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Sebastian Saiz was dominant on Monday night, setting career highs with 24 points and 17 rebounds in Mississippi's 82-72 victory over Georgia Southern.
- After recent losses No. 17 LSU, No. 25 Ole Miss must regroup Updated: Nov-16-15 4:32 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - LSU was a contender for the national title just two weeks ago. Mississippi was among the darlings of college football in September after a stunning win over Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
- Cottage moved from Oxford City Hall site to near library Updated: Nov-15-15 6:03 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A cottage built in 1865 has been moved from atop the roof of a basement-level agency to a spot near the library in Oxford.
- Mississippi beats Northwestern State 90-76 in opener Updated: Nov-13-15 8:21 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi coach Andy Kennedy knew he would have to rely on guard Stefan Moody to carry the Rebels during the early section of the season. Moody did not let him down Friday night.
- Oxford alderman to resign after election to legislature Updated: Nov-10-15 4:04 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Alderman Jay Hughes will resign his Ward 1 post at the end of December to begin his new political journey as a state representative for the city of Oxford.
- Arkansas gets improbable 53-52 OT win over No. 19 Ole Miss Updated: Nov-07-15 9:08 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Brandon Allen had already thrown for a career-high 442 yards and six touchdowns when Arkansas coach Bret Bielema asked his senior quarterback to do just one more thing.
- No. 19 Ole Miss falls in OT to Arkansas 53-52 Updated: Nov-07-15 9:06 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi has had a few setbacks this season, but took some solace in knowing that it still controlled its own fate in the Southeastern Conference Western Division.
- No. 19 Mississippi grinding through 10th game in 10 weeks Updated: Nov-03-15 2:36 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - It's been a long grind for No. 19 Mississippi's football team, which will play its 10th game in 10 weeks on Saturday when it hosts Arkansas.