- Woman's missing U-Haul truck, minivan located Updated: Mar-07-14 8:05 pm
- Iditarod draws mushers from around the globe Updated: Mar-07-14 5:51 pm
- House Education amends Gov. Parnell's omnibus bill Updated: Mar-07-14 5:34 pm
- Kenai seeks fast action on new water well Updated: Mar-07-14 3:05 pm
- Begich proposes gas project bill Updated: Mar-07-14 2:58 pm
- Tesoro drops sponsorship of Arctic Man Classic Updated: Mar-07-14 2:21 pm
- Boy charged with felonies in Fairbanks shooting Updated: Mar-07-14 1:46 pm
- Quarantine against 5 invasive plants in Alaska Updated: Mar-07-14 10:30 am
- Ketchikan man convicted of Coast Guard assault Updated: Mar-07-14 9:02 am
- Decker named executive director of ACLU-Alaska Updated: Mar-07-14 7:05 am
- Anchorage orders vans for riders with disabilities Updated: Mar-07-14 6:14 am
- Former crime lab employee charge with 6 felonies Updated: Mar-06-14 9:49 pm
- Mayors seek assurances on gas line project Updated: Mar-06-14 7:06 pm
- Senate committee moves amendment for student loans Updated: Mar-06-14 6:56 pm
- Senate roll vote on military sexual assault Updated: Mar-06-14 4:19 pm
- Bill would cut Alaska ferry workers' salaries Updated: Mar-06-14 4:04 pm
- Troopers: Vehicle of Homer man strikes patrol car Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 pm
- Mayor offers cash to push state on visitors center Updated: Mar-06-14 1:58 pm
- Senator says access to birth control not a problem Updated: Mar-06-14 7:04 am
- Senate Judiciary considers banning synthetic drugs Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 am
- Carpeneti opposes Judicial Council change Updated: Mar-05-14 11:37 pm
- Zirkle aims for Iditarod title after narrow misses Updated: Mar-05-14 8:54 pm
- Iditarod racer flown to hospital with broken ankle Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 pm
- Senate Judiciary hears from NRA about campus guns Updated: Mar-05-14 8:27 pm
- USSA Junior Nationals held in Vermont Updated: Mar-05-14 7:06 pm
EVERETT, Washington - An Everett, Washington, police spokesman says a U-Haul truck and minivan stolen from a woman moving cross-country from Illinois to Alaska have been located in nearby Lynnwood.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - If you thought mushing was limited to Americans and Canadians, you'd be wrong.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Education Committee amended Gov. Sean Parnell's omnibus education bill Friday over complaints with the pace with which the process was moving.
KENAI, Alaska - The Kenai City Council has approved a no-bid purchase of a new water well aimed at staving off possible shortages.
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Mark Begich has proposed a bill that would have a federal official help Alaska with a major project to export liquefied natural gas overseas.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Arctic Man Ski and Sno-Go Classic has lost its major sponsor.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A man and a teenager have been charged with a Fairbanks home invasion that left two people with serious gunshot wounds.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state Department of Natural Resources has established a quarantine for five invasive aquatic plant species that threaten to infest Alaska's rivers and lakes.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Ketchikan man who kicked a Coast Guardsman in the face has been convicted of assault on a federal officer.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Joshua Decker has been named executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage is getting new rides for commuters with disabilities.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An investigation of irregularities of the Alaska State Crime Lab led to the arrest of a former employee Thursday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Borough mayors want to ensure they have a say on terms that will affect local communities and be negotiated by the state in pursuit of a mega-liquefied natural gas project.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate State Affairs Committee on Thursday advanced a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow state backing on low-interest loans for students interested in college.
The 55-45 roll call Thursday by which the Senate blocked a bill to strip senior military commanders of their authority over whether alleged cases of sexual assault in the uniform services are prosecuted. Supporters of the bill needed 60 votes under Senate rules to prevail, they got only 55.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill pending in the Alaska Senate would strip state ferry workers of their cost-of-living adjustment.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a vehicle driven by a 19-year-old Homer man struck a patrol vehicle during a traffic stop on the Sterling Highway.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The mayor of the Fairbanks North Star Borough wants the state deliver on a promise to build a visitors center at a new fish hatchery in Fairbanks and he's offering an incentive to see it built.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state senator says he doesn't think access to contraception is a problem in Alaska.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Judiciary Committee began hearings on a bill banning certain synthetic drugs even though the Wasilla City Council has rejected a similar ordinance.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A former chief justice of the Alaska Supreme Court said Wednesday he doesn't see a need to change the state's constitution to alter the makeup of the Alaska Judicial Council.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Almost every musher says Aliy Zirkle will win the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race musher was flown to a hospital after a harrowing ordeal that included crashing his sled, hitting his head on a tree stump and getting knocked unconscious, and later falling through ice and breaking his ankle.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday heard testimony from the National Rifle Association on a bill that would change current practice and allow people to carry concealed firearms on University of Alaska system campuses.
STOWE, Vermont - A week after the Winter Olympics came to a close, possible future Olympians from around the country are competing in the USSA Junior National Cross-Country Skiing Championships.