- Tuck: Budget deal doesn't seem any closer Updated: May-26-15 9:31 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - With negotiations seemingly stalled, the House Finance Committee introduced legislation that still would allow lawmakers access to the constitutional budget reserve fund to balance the state budget if they cannot secure support from minority Democrats.
- Wood bison bulls take barge to meet transplanted herd Updated: May-26-15 9:20 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A barge carrying 12 wood bison is making a four-day trip down the Tanana and Yukon rivers to reunite the animals with a herd transplanted earlier this spring near Shageluk.
- LaSalle man accused of timber thefts arrested in Alaska Updated: May-26-15 5:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana officials say a LaSalle Parish man accused of timber thefts worth more than $100,000 was arrested in Alaska where they say he was planning to flee to Canada.
- Federal, state reports show Juneau population decline Updated: May-26-15 4:25 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The population of the City and Borough of Juneau has declined, according to reports from the Alaska Department of Labor and the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Man dies in south Anchorage shooting Updated: May-26-15 10:30 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police are investigating a south Anchorage shooting Monday night that left a man dead.
- USGS: Light earthquake in Alaska's Fox Islands Updated: May-25-15 6:29 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The U.S. Geological Survey says there was a light earthquake in Alaska's Fox Islands region.
- Homer writer starts new romance series Updated: May-25-15 4:46 pm
HOMER, Alaska - As romance writers go, Jennifer Bernard said she still thinks of herself as a newbie - even though she has published six novels, three novellas and a short story in three years. That's faster than some Homer boat builders crank out skiffs.
- Gallery at North Pole Grange is the picture of success Updated: May-25-15 4:45 pm
NORTH POLE, Alaska - About 25 years ago, a judge ordered artist Dan Bates to paint a mural as the penalty for a youthful indiscretion.
- Police identify body of woman, 23, found in Bethel park Updated: May-25-15 4:19 pm
BETHEL, Alaska - Authorities say a woman's body has been found in a Bethel park.
- Ferry breakdown strands Alaska brew festival attendees Updated: May-25-15 3:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Hundreds of people attending an Alaska beer festival were stranded because of a broken down ferry.
- Anchorage arrest felon spotted with handgun Updated: May-24-15 7:52 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A convicted Anchorage felon spotted Sunday carrying a weapon has been arrested.
- Fast response, wary public keeping Alaska wildfires down Updated: May-24-15 7:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A rapid and aggressive response to the start of Alaska wildfire season has keep burned acreage to a minimum despite persistent hot and dry weather that has keep underbrush from turning green in much of the state.
- Kenai Christian academy graduates 1 senior Updated: May-24-15 4:57 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Wings Christian Academy, based in Kenai's Immanuel Baptist Church, held a graduation ceremony for Tyler Ophus, its sole departing senior.
- Astronaut's visit excites Ketchikan students Updated: May-24-15 4:56 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - It takes approximately eight minutes and 52 seconds for a shuttle carrying astronauts to the International Space Station to get to space, according to astronaut Steve Swanson, who visited Ketchikan earlier this month. A shuttle reaches speeds of 5 miles a second in breaching the earth's atmosphere.
- Former colleagues share fond memories of Juneau director Updated: May-24-15 4:29 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - After his recent death in Scotland, the Juneau theater community remembers a prominent director as highly respected, if not always liked.
- Tok man arrested, charged with shooting into sporting store Updated: May-24-15 2:14 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Tok man has been jailed after troopers say he fired a gun into a sporting goods store while his wife was locked inside.
- Anchorage man critically injured in motorcycle crash Updated: May-24-15 2:08 pm
TALKEETNA, Alaska - A 67-year-old motorcycle driver was critically injured and flown to an Anchorage hospital after crashing Saturday morning near Talkeetna.
- Coast Guard, agencies respond to Cook Inlet fuel spill Updated: May-24-15 1:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard is responding to a fuel spill in southeastern Cook Inlet.
- Anchorage airman catches first king salmon at Ship Creek Updated: May-23-15 9:22 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage airman caught the first confirmed king salmon at Ship Creek.
- Teenage girl falls 70 feet off cliff into Port Valdez Updated: May-23-15 5:16 pm
VALDEZ, Alaska - Valdez police are reporting that a 17-year old girl has fallen 70 feet off a cliff into Port Valdez.
- Poncho & Lefty's food truck drives a fresh bargain Updated: May-23-15 10:35 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Hardy, hardworking Mountaineers value freedom so much that lawmakers have appropriated state residents' liberation, in Latin, as the state motto.
- Alaska troopers investigating unsalvaged bear carcasses Updated: May-23-15 9:50 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers are investigating a case of waste after two black bear carcasses were found without any of the edible meat salvaged.
- Mother pleads not guilty to assaulting child on plane Updated: May-22-15 9:56 pm
HONOLULU - A mother pleaded not guilty Friday to charges that she physically and verbally assaulted her 15-month-old daughter during an Alaska Airlines flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Honolulu.
- Portion of Dalton Highway to remain closed until next week Updated: May-22-15 7:51 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - About 80 miles of the Dalton Highway north of the Brooks Range will remain closed until at least next week because of flooding.
- Troopers investigate Anchorage inmate's death Updated: May-22-15 7:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An investigation is underway after a 26--year-old inmate at the Anchorage Correctional Complex died.