- Final section of Prescott trail under construction Updated: May-03-15 6:43 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Work is progressing this month to finally close the gap in a popular Prescott hiking trail, officials said.
- Yavapai County assessor is accused of breaking state law Updated: Apr-30-15 4:28 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - The Coconino County Sheriff's Office has been asked to investigate allegations against Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall after her office hired her daughter for temporary work.
- 2 Prescott men arrested for alleged theft of smoke shop Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Two Prescott men have been arrested after they fled a smoke shop with stolen items and one forced a teenager to hide him.
- 2 lawsuits over 2013 wildfire in Yarnell dismissed by judge Updated: Apr-29-15 4:53 pm
PHOENIX - Two lawsuits filed against Arizona by homeowners whose properties were destroyed by the Yarnell Hill Fire have been dismissed.
- Man gets 18 years for 2013 fatal shooting at party Updated: Apr-29-15 12:49 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A Chino Valley man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for fatally shooting a man and wounding a woman at a party in 2013.
- Yavapai County Sheriff asks for funding for body cameras Updated: Apr-29-15 9:29 am
PRESCOTT, Arizona - The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office has asked the Board of Supervisors to fund body cameras for deputies in the Prescott region and Verde Valley.
- Finish line off for Prescott Valley Race Course reopening Updated: Apr-28-15 10:50 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Northern Arizona racing fans may be out of luck indefinitely as the owners of the Prescott Valley Race Course continue to struggle with bankruptcy.
- Couple found trespassing, living in Prescott basement Updated: Apr-25-15 2:23 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Police have arrested a couple found living in the basement of a Prescott home.
- Authorities trying to ID body found after Prescott home fire Updated: Apr-24-15 10:04 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Authorities are trying to identify a body found inside a Prescott home following a fire.
- Yavapai County ranchers' alliance appeals tax court ruling Updated: Apr-24-15 2:19 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - An alliance of Yavapai County ranchers is appealing an Arizona Tax Court ruling that lowered the value of their grazing lands, arguing that the judge should have considered the value of federal and state grazing leases.
- Rep. Fann to run for Pierce's seat in Arizona Senate Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A state representative for the legislative district centered on Yavapai County plans to run for the district's Senate seat in 2016 because it'll be open due to term limits.
- Parker man facing vehicular manslaughter in a fatal crash Updated: Apr-22-15 4:02 pm
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities say a Parker man is facing a vehicular manslaughter charge after a fatal crash in Prescott Valley.
- Rural fire districts feel budget burn Updated: Apr-20-15 9:56 am
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Arizona's 156 rural fire districts are working with smaller budgets this year under a new state law limiting property valuations.
- Feds buy 2 parcels to add to Agua Fria National Monument Updated: Apr-19-15 2:50 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - The federal government has bought two parcels of private land surrounding the Agua Fria National Monument 40 miles north of Phoenix to add to the protected site.
- Arizona census update could lead to revenue for cities Updated: Apr-18-15 6:04 pm
PHOENIX - Several Arizona cities are pursuing a mid-decade census to update their population counts, and more than $1 billion a year in state money is at stake.
- Ex-police official sentenced in Prescott drug-theft case Updated: Apr-18-15 11:19 am
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A former Prescott Valley police commander has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading guilty in a drug-theft case.
- Prescott security guard hospitalized after fight Updated: Apr-18-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - A security guard has been hospitalized with a head injury after he got in a fight with a Prescott man.
- Men arrested in Arizona after meth ingredients found in car Updated: Apr-16-15 6:38 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - An Oklahoma resident and a Colorado man are in custody in Arizona after authorities say ingredients to manufacture methamphetamines were found in their vehicle.
- 2 men sentenced to life in prison for Yavapai County killing Updated: Apr-15-15 4:44 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Two men have been sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of release for a 2011 killing in which the victim was beaten and stabbed and his body then burned.
- Chino Valley woman dead from apparent heroin overdose Updated: Apr-15-15 3:44 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Authorities say a Chino Valley woman is dead from an apparent heroin overdose and her husband and another man are in custody in the case.
- Authorities identify Prescott man who died in glider crash Updated: Apr-13-15 6:54 pm
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities in north-central Arizona have released the name of man who was killed in the crash of a glider in Prescott Valley.
- Pilot of small aircraft killed in Prescott Valley Updated: Apr-12-15 12:25 pm
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office says the pilot of a small aircraft has died after crashing in Prescott Valley.
- Fire at Prescott hotel prompts evacuation; no one injured Updated: Apr-12-15 6:02 am
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Authorities say guests at a Prescott hotel began evacuating after the one of the rooms caught fire, but there were no injuries.
- Lawyers: Hearing may resolve case against ex-police official Updated: Apr-10-15 4:08 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Prosecution and defense lawyers say they are hopeful that an upcoming court proceeding will resolve a criminal case against a former Prescott Valley police commander who resigned after learning he was under investigation in the thefts of surrendered prescription drugs awaiting disposal.
- North Carolina man gets life for killing Arizona man Updated: Apr-09-15 12:47 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A North Carolina man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole in Arizona for killing his lover's husband and dumping the body at a New Mexico airport.