- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - As Mariette Williams waited for her flight from South Florida to Haiti, she paced the departure lounge, folding and re-folding her ticket and clutching the handle of a bag sagging with gifts. She was excited but terrified: For the first time in nearly 30 years, she was about to see her mother.
- Official: Moise, Celestin top 2 finalists in Haiti election Updated: Nov-24-15 7:40 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The top two finishers in Haiti's first-round presidential election are government-backed candidate Jovenel Moise and former state construction chief Jude Celestin, officials said Tuesday. They are scheduled to compete in a runoff vote on Dec. 27.
- Protest against Haiti election turns violent; 1 dead Updated: Nov-20-15 7:35 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Thousands of Haitians demanding that last month's presidential election be annulled clashed with supporters of the government, resulting in at least one death.
- Haiti council names 2 candidates for presidential runoff Updated: Nov-05-15 9:48 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Government-backed candidate Jovenel Moise and former state construction chief Jude Celestin appear to be advancing to a runoff election for Haiti's presidency, according to preliminary results announced Thursday.
- Haiti officials shut down orphanage founded by US man Updated: Nov-05-15 6:26 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haitian authorities on Thursday closed an orphanage for boys founded three decades ago by a U.S. citizen facing accusations he sexually abused children in his care.
- Haitians flow into cemeteries to mark Voodoo day of the dead Updated: Nov-01-15 3:46 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Revelers streamed into cemeteries across Haiti on Sunday bearing beeswax candles, food offerings and bottles of rum infused with hot peppers to mark the country's annual Voodoo festival of the dead.
- Haiti officials look into new allegations against US man Updated: Oct-31-15 6:43 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haitian investigators are looking into new allegations of child sex abuse against a U.S. man who founded an orphanage for boys in Haiti's capital decades ago.