- Curious about Palestine, Israeli visitors return Updated: Apr-17-14 2:56 am
- Israel police disperse riot at Jerusalem holy site Updated: Apr-16-14 12:46 pm
- First women joining Palestinian commando unit Updated: Apr-07-14 2:20 am
- Kerry: It's 'reality check' time for Mideast talks Updated: Apr-04-14 8:39 pm
- Kerry to Mideast at critical point in peace talks Updated: Mar-31-14 11:55 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - This bustling center of Palestinian life is just a 20-minute drive from Jerusalem, but for Israelis it might as well be on the other side of the world.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive holy site in Jerusalem on Wednesday, firing tear gas to disperse a protest by Palestinian Muslim worshippers, officials said.
JERICHO, West Bank - Palestinian women in combat fatigues and headscarves rappelled down a six-story tower, fired assault rifles at imaginary terrorists and in a drill straight out of the movies bundled a would-be VIP into a car and sped off after a shooting.
WASHINGTON - With Mideast peace talks on the verge of collapse, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry declared Friday that "it's reality check time" on whether an agreement can be reached anytime soon after decades of bitterness between Israeli and Palestinian leaders. The U.S. will re-evaluate its role as mediator, he said.
TEL AVIV, Israel - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry rushed to the Middle East on Monday for a surprise visit aimed at rescuing his Mideast diplomatic efforts, as peace talks approached a critical make-or-break point.