- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- Former UND player to coach Team Canada IIHF squad Updated: Apr-17-14 9:29 am
- UND goalie Gothberg to return for junior season Updated: Apr-17-14 9:26 am
- Hour-long standoff in Grand Forks ends peacefully Updated: Apr-17-14 7:20 am
- Grand Forks Air Force Base to close school Updated: Apr-16-14 10:37 am
- Red River Valley touted as drone industry center Updated: Apr-15-14 11:59 am
- UND men's hockey in top five in both final polls Updated: Apr-15-14 8:42 am
- Man sentenced to 20 years in synthetic drug case Updated: Apr-14-14 6:02 pm
- Parents sue BNSF, UND fraternity in son's death Updated: Apr-13-14 4:10 pm
- Police: Theft of van with child inside not random Updated: Apr-11-14 7:40 am
- UND men's hockey skating for national title shot Updated: Apr-10-14 7:04 am
- North Dakota's Mattson earns NCAA's Elite 89 award Updated: Apr-10-14 5:33 am
- Sorority apologizes for banner at UND chapter Updated: Apr-09-14 1:01 pm
- N Dakota walk-on making most of D-I opportunity Updated: Apr-08-14 4:42 pm
- Police to increase enforcement of anti-texting law Updated: Apr-06-14 3:16 pm
- Female Air Force crew in ND breaks flight records Updated: Apr-04-14 3:50 pm
- Personal papers of Former Lt. Gov. Myrdal at UND Updated: Apr-04-14 5:19 am
- Upper Midwest blizzard not increasing flood fears Updated: Apr-01-14 11:32 am
- Major highways in eastern ND reopen after blizzard Updated: Apr-01-14 8:40 am
- Spring blizzard sets weather records in ND Updated: Apr-01-14 7:20 am
- Cass County opens emergency operations center Updated: Mar-31-14 8:23 pm
- No travel advisory in central ND lifted Updated: Mar-31-14 6:40 pm
- Heavy snow to hit parts of the Dakotas, Minnesota Updated: Mar-30-14 11:34 pm
- Grand Forks sheriff gets OK to fly drones at night Updated: Mar-30-14 11:06 am
- List of 2013 Minnesota AP Broadcast Award winners Updated: Mar-28-14 4:16 pm
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Hockey Canada has named former University of North Dakota standout and current Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett as head coach for Team Canada at the upcoming 2014 International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The goalie who helped lead the University of North Dakota to the NCAA Frozen Four is sticking around.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks police arrested a man without incident after a standoff that prompted the evacuation of nearby residents.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The Grand Forks Air Force Base School Board has voted to close an elementary school to deal with declining enrollment on the northeastern North Dakota base.
THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota - Dozens of representatives from agriculture, aviation and higher education are meeting in northwestern Minnesota to discuss ways to promote the region as a center for development of the aircraft industry which produces unmanned drones.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team is ranked in the top five in the final edition of both national polls.
FARGO, North Dakota - A former University of North Dakota student who pleaded guilty to financing a man who manufactured the synthetic drugs that resulted in the deaths of two teenagers in the Grand Forks area was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The parents of a University of North Dakota student who died as a result of an accident in a rail yard two years ago in eastern North Dakota have sued a railroad company and a fraternity.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks police say they do not believe that an incident in which a man took a van with a 5-year-old girl inside was a random act.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team is taking to the ice, just one win away from another appearance in the national championship game.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey player Nick Mattson has joined an exclusive club.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The Gamma Phi Beta Sorority has issued an apology on behalf of the chapter at the University of North Dakota after an incident involving a banner referencing the school's retired "Fighting Sioux" nickname and Indian-head logo.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Connor Gaarder was on his way to a career in NCAA Division III hockey when he accepted a last-minute invitation to walk on at the University of North Dakota.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Seven police departments in North Dakota plan to increase their enforcement of a 2011 law aimed at curbing accidents caused by individuals who were texting while driving.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - An all-female crew at Grand Forks Air Force Base has made history by flying a drone across North Dakota nonstop for nearly 1 ½ days.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A collection of papers chronicling the life of former Lt. Gov. Rosemarie Myrdal is now available for research at the University of North Dakota.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A spring blizzard that dumped up to 20 inches of snow in parts of the Upper Midwest isn't increasing fears of spring flooding.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State transportation officials have reopened all major roads in eastern North Dakota that were shut down by a spring blizzard.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The spring blizzard that crossed North Dakota set weather records in Grand Forks and Bismarck.
FARGO, North Dakota - The Cass County sheriff's office has opened its tactical operations center because of the blizzard conditions affecting eastern North Dakota.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The no travel advisory for areas of central North Dakota including north and west of Bismarck and Center has been lifted.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A combination of heavy snowfall and very strong winds is expected to create blizzard conditions in parts of the Dakotas and northwest Minnesota.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The Federal Aviation Administration has authorized the Grand Forks sheriff's department to fly drones at night.
2013 Minnesota Associated Press Broadcasters Award winners