- Personal beacon hastens rescue of stranded hiker Updated: Aug-30-15 2:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A personal locator beacon that sends out GPS coordinates helped Juneau searchers find a stranded hiker on Friday.
- Canadian official in Alaska amid mine development concerns Updated: Aug-26-15 9:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott and British Columbia's minister of energy and mines were working toward an agreement in response to concerns raised about the potential impacts of Canadian mine development on rivers that flow into southeast Alaska.
- Juneau considers tax breaks to fight housing costs Updated: Aug-26-15 12:53 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - To fight high housing costs in Juneau, city officials are considering property tax exemptions for some developments.
- Lawmakers vote to sue governor over Medicaid expansion plan Updated: Aug-18-15 8:02 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A committee of House and Senate lawmakers voted Tuesday to sue Gov. Bill Walker over his effort to expand Medicaid in Alaska, with Republican legislative leaders calling it a separation-of-powers issue.
- Authorities investigating death of man at correction center Updated: Aug-14-15 4:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A 49-year-old man died at a Juneau correctional center one day after being brought in on a non-criminal hold.
- Ex-police officer, US Coast Guard officer accused of fraud Updated: Aug-12-15 1:46 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A former Southeast Alaskan police officer and an Alaska-based U.S. Coast Guard officer have been indicted for defrauding the state's Permanent Fund Dividend system.
- Chefs, activists shed light on Stikine, Taku rivers' future Updated: Aug-09-15 6:14 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Concern for the future of clean water in Southeast Alaska brought together two seemingly unlikely groups - chefs and activists. Naturally, food was involved.
- Thieves who stole flags from Capitol turn themselves in Updated: Aug-05-15 7:05 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The three men who climbed the Alaska Capitol and stole the American and Alaska flags have turned themselves in to police.