- Leaders want gov to 'hold the line' in union talks Updated: Mar-11-14 4:47 pm
- Alaska utility buys avalanche rescue technology Updated: Mar-08-14 5:47 am
- House Education amends Gov. Parnell's omnibus bill Updated: Mar-07-14 5:34 pm
- Juneau man arrested for obscene calls Updated: Mar-05-14 6:52 pm
- Mallott campaign seeks fundraising guidance Updated: Mar-05-14 5:00 pm
- Pay raises, Begich speech things to watch Updated: Mar-02-14 2:31 pm
- Juneau mom to be profiled in book Updated: Mar-01-14 5:10 am
- Bill would mandate busing for charter schools Updated: Feb-28-14 6:58 pm
- Juneau gets new harbormaster Updated: Feb-27-14 11:03 am
- Juneau issues moratorium on new cell tower Updated: Feb-26-14 3:52 pm
- Newest state rep, Kito, gets committee assignments Updated: Feb-26-14 3:26 pm
- Commission approves fundraising opinion Updated: Feb-25-14 10:32 pm
- Kito confirmed for vacated Juneau House seat Updated: Feb-25-14 5:10 pm
- UAS hopes for recruitment boost from dorm Updated: Feb-23-14 5:38 am
- Rotarians head for Mexico to donate wheelchairs Updated: Feb-22-14 5:28 am
- Proposal would raise prevention account surcharge Updated: Feb-21-14 11:22 pm
- Kensington reports strong 2013 gold production Updated: Feb-21-14 6:15 am
- Bill designating Soboleff Day heads to House floor Updated: Feb-21-14 5:07 am
- House Judiciary considers attorney general vote Updated: Feb-19-14 9:16 pm
- Murkowski blasts federal rejection of refuge road Updated: Feb-19-14 7:14 pm
- Millett's office says tests negative for MS Updated: Feb-19-14 2:45 pm
- Parking holiday ends in downtown Juneau Updated: Feb-19-14 1:13 pm
- House Judiciary hears 2 constitutional amendments Updated: Feb-19-14 5:38 am
- Proposal would change makeup of Judicial Council Updated: Feb-18-14 5:50 pm
- Dam project draws attention to renewable goal Updated: Feb-17-14 3:14 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - State legislative leaders have called on Gov. Sean Parnell to "hold the line" in contract talks with the Alaska Marine Highway System's unions.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska Electric Light & Power Inc. has purchased a piece of equipment - a long-range receiver that mounts to a helicopter - that will make avalanche rescues faster, more efficient and less dangerous for rescue workers.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Education Committee amended Gov. Sean Parnell's omnibus education bill Friday over complaints with the pace with which the process was moving.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Juneau police say a five-month investigation has led to the arrest of a Juneau man for allegedly making obscene phone calls to female employees at various locations in the city.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The campaign of Democrat Byron Mallott is seeking guidance on fundraising under a law that bars gubernatorial candidates from soliciting or accepting contributions in Juneau while the Legislature is meeting.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In years past, work in the Legislature during the first week of March would slow substantially, if not grind to a near halt, to allow lawmakers to travel to The Energy Council and other meetings in Washington, D.C. Some would take time to return home to meet with constituents.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Most people are aware of the sacrifices wounded warriors make. But what some people may not realize is the sacrifices their mothers make.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Education Committee on Friday took a hard look at transportation for charter schools as proposed in Gov. Sean Parnell's omnibus education bill.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A civilian worker for the Coast Guard has been named Juneau's new harbormaster.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Juneau Assembly has placed a temporary moratorium on new cell towers for the city.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Rep. Sam Kito III has been sworn in as the newest member of the Alaska Legislature.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Public Offices Commission has approved a draft advisory opinion regarding fundraising for gubernatorial candidates.
JUNEAU, Alaska - House Democrats have confirmed Sam Kito III as the newest member of the state Legislature.
JUNEAU, Alaska - With a new 120-bed residence hall under construction, the University of Alaska Southeast hopes to attract and retain more traditional, full-time freshmen and boost its retention and graduation rates.
JUNEAU, Alaska - When Alaskans travel to Mexico, it's usually to escape the often times bleak grey and white winter landscape for a sun-soaked vacation.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill introduced in the Alaska House on Friday would raise the per-barrel surcharge on oil from four cents to seven cents to help bolster a state account used for the cleanup of contaminated sites, non-emergency spill response and other activities.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Owners of the Kensington Mine outside Juneau are reporting metal sales of $746 million in 2013, including 114,821 ounces of gold.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A measure declaring Nov. 14 Walter A. Soboleff Day is going to the House floor for a vote.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Judiciary Committee took up a constitutional amendment Wednesday that would allow voters to choose their state attorney general.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Interior Department's rejection of a road through a national wildlife refuge that could aid patients in a small Alaska village is emblematic of a bigger problem between the state and federal government, U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski told state lawmakers Wednesday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Rep. Charisse Millett's office says tests for multiple sclerosis have come back negative.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Downtown Juneau's free parking holidays have come to an end.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday will take up two proposed constitutional amendments, one concerning educational funding and the other the direct election of the state attorney general.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Several Republican state senators are looking at changing the makeup of the commission charged with vetting judicial candidates from which the governor would select a judge.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In 2010, the state adopted an energy policy that, among other things, set a goal of having 50 percent Alaska's electric generation come from renewable and alternative energy sources by 2025.