- Canada tries to stop release of ex-Gitmo inmate Omar Khadr Updated: May-05-15 12:46 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Canadian government was in court Tuesday seeking to block the release on bail of a former Guantanamo Bay inmate while he appeals his conviction for war crimes in the United States.
- Canadiens move on in playoffs after beating Senators in 6 Updated: Apr-27-15 2:12 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Montreal Canadiens are moving on - after a few tense days in which a big series lead suddenly dwindled.
- Canadiens advance with 2-0 win over Senators Updated: Apr-26-15 11:11 pm
- Senators beat Canadiens 5-1 to force Game 6 Updated: Apr-24-15 11:29 pm
MONTREAL - Ottawa goalie Craig Anderson brushed off a stick battle with Montreal forward Brandon Prust as easily as turned back the Canadiens on Friday night.
- Gaudreau, Stone, Ekblad selected Calder finalists Updated: Apr-23-15 10:33 pm
- Canadiens search for power-play success Updated: Apr-23-15 7:59 pm
BROSSARD, Quebec - Being lousy on the power play didn't stop the Montreal Canadiens from finishing first in the Atlantic Division, and being even worse in the first round of NHL playoffs hasn't prevented them from taking a 3-1 lead over the Ottawa Senators.
- Canadiens' Beaulieu to miss game with upper-body injury Updated: Apr-21-15 2:28 pm
- Senators go with veteran Anderson in goal for Game 3 Updated: Apr-19-15 1:02 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Veteran goalie Craig Anderson will start over Andrew Hammond for the Ottawa Senators in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference playoff series against Montreal on Sunday.
- Emotions run high in Canadiens-Senators series Updated: Apr-16-15 7:06 pm
MONTREAL - The Canadiens and Senators turn up the heat in a hurry.
- Canadiens D Subban ejected for slashing Stone Updated: Apr-15-15 10:32 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban was ejected from the first game of the Canadiens' first-round playoff series against the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a slash on Ottawa rookie Mark Stone.
- Senators assistant coach Mark Reeds dies of cancer at 55 Updated: Apr-14-15 4:56 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Mark Reeds, an assistant coach for the playoff-bound Ottawa Senators and a former NHL player, died Tuesday. He was at 55.
- Canadiens top Leafs, clinch Atlantic Division Updated: Apr-11-15 11:47 pm
- Senators cap sizzling 2nd-half rally with East playoff spot Updated: Apr-11-15 10:29 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ottawa used its super-sized record down the stretch and a "Hamburglar" to order up a playoff berth.
- MacArthur, Turris score, Hammond stops 26, Senators win Updated: Apr-09-15 10:59 pm
NEW YORK - Two months after starting an improbable playoff push, the Ottawa Senators control their postseason destiny heading into the final game of the regular season.
- Rangers clinch 1st Presidents' Trophy since 1993-94 Updated: Apr-08-15 2:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Winning the Presidents' Trophy for the NHL's best regular-season record has given the New York Rangers home-ice advantage for playoffs.
- Ottawa's comeback shakes up playoff race in East Updated: Apr-08-15 3:23 am
The playoff chase in the NHL's Eastern Conference has gone from compelling to downright wacky.
- Stone scores winner in OT to lift Senators past Penguins Updated: Apr-08-15 12:36 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Mark Stone is peaking at the right time for the Ottawa Senators.
- Red Wings beat Hurricanes 3-2, but haven't clinched yet Updated: Apr-07-15 11:39 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings raised their sticks to the crowd and skated off the ice - and it sure felt like they were finally about to wrap up their 24th consecutive playoff berth.
- Holland gets winner in SO to lift Leafs past Senators, 3-2 Updated: Apr-06-15 12:02 am
- Green, Holtby lead Capitals to 2-1 win over Red Wings Updated: Apr-05-15 10:41 pm
DETROIT - With the Stanley Cup playoffs about a week away, Braden Holtby is rounding into form for the Washington Capitals.