- No. 1 Florida State moves past Winston accusation Updated: Dec-06-13 4:35 am
- FSU students celebrate after Winston announcement Updated: Dec-05-13 6:50 pm
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow Updated: Dec-04-13 12:26 pm
- Religion news in brief Updated: Dec-04-13 12:12 pm
- Embattled police department gets new chief Updated: Dec-04-13 3:05 am
- Column: Not the time to give Heisman to Winston Updated: Dec-03-13 7:00 pm
- Nativity scene on display at Florida Capitol Updated: Dec-03-13 6:26 pm
- Prosecutor: Winston investigation 'thorough' Updated: Dec-02-13 8:21 pm
- Legislator sued after dog bites student in face Updated: Dec-02-13 2:10 pm
- Police defend investigation into FSU's Winston Updated: Nov-27-13 4:33 pm
- This offseason Florida must channel its inner Missouri Updated: Nov-27-13 10:53 am
- Fla. governor and AG sued over public records Updated: Nov-25-13 7:44 pm
- No. 2 Seminoles 1 win from unbeaten regular season Updated: Nov-24-13 4:42 pm
- Police handling of FSU player's case under fire Updated: Nov-24-13 2:29 pm
- Fla. firefighters rescue 1 of their own Updated: Nov-22-13 6:05 am
- Lawyer: FSU QB Winston volunteered DNA to police Updated: Nov-21-13 10:19 pm
- Attorney critical of police in Winston probe Updated: Nov-20-13 9:17 pm
- No charges in black-vote-suppression allegations Updated: Nov-18-13 6:52 pm
- No. 2 Florida State rolls on, unfazed by probe Updated: Nov-18-13 5:19 pm
- Lawyer for FSU QB critical of state attorney Updated: Nov-17-13 9:11 pm
- No. 2 Florida St rolls, investigation continues Updated: Nov-17-13 5:06 pm
- Interview pending with alleged Winston victim Updated: Nov-16-13 11:12 pm
- Syracuse overwhelmed by No. 2 Florida State 59-3 Updated: Nov-16-13 9:23 pm
- Mormon Church affiliate buying up Fla. land Updated: Nov-08-13 6:02 pm
- Legislators vote down stand your ground repeal Updated: Nov-07-13 9:52 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A prosecutor's decision to not bring charges against Florida State quarterback and Heisman Trophy favorite Jameis Winston has removed a cloud from over the team, which is focused and prepared to face Duke in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game, Coach Jimbo Fisher said.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Scores of Florida State students traded high-fives and danced in restaurant aisles Thursday after learning that prosecutors would not pursue a sexual assault complaint against their football team's star quarterback, Jameis Winston.
WESTON, Florida - A South Florida man used a crossbow to kill his wife and teenage son in their townhouse, tried to kill a second son who is a student at Florida State University and wound up dead in a motel bathroom, authorities said Wednesday.
Christmas tree is lit outside U.S. Capitol amid hymns
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The embattled Tallahassee Police Department is getting a new police chief.
By next week, the people who make sure the nation has a player worthy of the Heisman trophy - and the ESPN primetime show devoted to it - will have had their say.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A private group placed a Nativity scene in the Florida state Capitol on Tuesday in an event that included prayers, children singing Christmas carols and a celebration of Jesus' birth.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The prosecutor investigating sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston wants the process to be "thorough" and won't let football dictate when he will wrap up his inquiry.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida legislator is getting sued because his dog bit someone in the face.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Tallahassee Police Department is defending its investigation into sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston.
I've got to hand it to University of Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley. He's doing what's hard, not what's easy.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A persistent critic of Gov. Rick Scott filed lawsuits on Monday accusing top Florida officials of flouting the state's public records laws by failing to turn over emails and other documents.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Second-ranked Florida State is just 60 minutes from its first undefeated regular season since 1999. All that stands in the Seminoles' way is struggling rival Florida.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Its handling of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is just the latest controversy to hit the Tallahassee Police Department.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tallahassee firefighters are being credited with saving one of their own after a colleague suffered a heart attack during an obstacle course.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - There was a lot of finger-pointing Thursday in the sexual assault investigation involving Florida State's Jameis Winston after a DNA report linking the quarterback to the alleged victim was leaked to the media.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The family and attorney of the alleged victim in a sexual assault investigation involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston on Wednesday sharply criticized Tallahassee police in their first public comments about the case.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Allegations that a white city clerk tried to suppress the black vote in an election the incumbent black mayor lost by one vote and that also resulted in the ouster of a black city commissioner will be dropped with no criminal charges filed, State Attorney Willie Meggs said Monday.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The second-ranked Florida State Seminoles are in the midst of preparation for Idaho. That's all.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The lawyer for Florida State's Jameis Winston criticized State Attorney Willie Meggs Sunday for his public comments about the ongoing sexual assault investigation of the Seminoles' quarterback and for how the prosecutor has handled the probe.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State did what coach Jimbo Fisher said the Seminoles would do: control the things they can control.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Prosecutors are setting up an interview with the victim in the investigation of an alleged sexual assault tied to Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston that was reported nearly a year ago. They expect to close the investigation in a few weeks.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Scott Shafer hoped his improved Syracuse defense was ready for its biggest test of the year. The unit had allowed just three points in the previous two games and was playing some of its best football of the season.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is about to become one of Florida's largest private landowners in a move that is drawing speculation and even concern among some conservation and environmental groups.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A panel of Florida legislators on Thursday easily defeated an effort to repeal the state's controversial "stand your ground law" Thursday following hours of passionate testimony.