- ND OKs power line in historic battlefield area Updated: Apr-23-14 4:07 pm
- Parole Board to review cases of over 50 inmates Updated: Apr-23-14 1:03 pm
- ND OKs power line in historic battlefield area Updated: Apr-23-14 1:01 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-23-14 10:08 am
- Oil companies fight ND plan to slow production Updated: Apr-22-14 6:03 pm
- Joint jail for Burleigh-Morton would cost $70M Updated: Apr-22-14 7:53 am
- Power outages scheduled in south Bismarck Updated: Apr-21-14 6:01 pm
- Bank of North Dakota earnings continue climbing Updated: Apr-21-14 4:01 pm
- A year later, North Dakotans return to Boston Updated: Apr-19-14 4:10 pm
- Bismarck police tougher on texting and driving Updated: Apr-18-14 6:41 pm
- Horse virus cases showing up in Upper Midwest Updated: Apr-18-14 10:02 am
- ND National Guard chaplain corps at full strength Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 pm
- Bismarck woman charged with child neglect Updated: Apr-17-14 6:31 pm
- Suspect in Minn. home invasion arrested in ND Updated: Apr-16-14 9:27 pm
- US judge overturns 6-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-16-14 5:12 pm
- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 pm
- ND dealing to keep dinosaur mummy in Bismarck Updated: Apr-15-14 3:13 pm
- Prosecutor: Report on white supremacist has errors Updated: Apr-14-14 12:49 pm
- ND National Guard unit plans change of command Updated: Apr-13-14 5:04 am
- Correction: Ghanaian Partnership story Updated: Apr-12-14 4:52 pm
- ND still negotiating purchase of Welk home Updated: Apr-11-14 1:58 pm
- Burning banned at ND wildlife management area Updated: Apr-11-14 10:16 am
- Police say woman tried to assault Heitkamp staffer Updated: Apr-10-14 6:01 pm
- Sheriff seeks to return cache of stolen property Updated: Apr-10-14 10:02 am
- Dakota Digital Film Festival short films announced Updated: Apr-10-14 5:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota regulators on Wednesday approved a permit for a proposed $375 million high-voltage power line that would run through the Killdeer Mountain Battlefield, a site in the western part of the state where a battle between U.S. Army soldiers and American Indians occurred in 1864.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Parole Board is scheduled review the cases of dozens of inmates during two upcoming meetings.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota regulators have approved a siting permit for an electrical transmission line planned for the Killdeer Mountain Battlefield area in the western part of the state.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 19, 2014
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Dr. Lyle Best traveled nearly 200 miles from the heart of North Dakota's oil patch Tuesday to tell state regulators one thing: "Slow down."
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Architects estimate that a two-county jail in Bismarck with room for 476 prisoners will cost $70 million - about $20 million more than the initial estimate.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Customers of Montana-Dakota Utilities in some areas of south Bismarck will lose power for about 10 minutes on Tuesday and Wednesday.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bank of North Dakota, the nation's only state-owned bank, made $94.2 million in profits last year, setting an earnings record for the 10th straight year, the bank's president reported Monday.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Last year's Boston Marathon was supposed to be Chuck Allen's second and final.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck Police issued 31 citations during a texting and driving crackdown last week.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State officials in the Upper Midwest are cautioning horse owners about a virus that can cause breathing problems, abortions and nervous system disorder and spreads easily among the animals.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard is at full strength in its chaplain corps for the first time in 15 years.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Police say a Bismarck woman was too intoxicated to care for her son after she reported she didn't know where he was even though the boy was at home with her.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Morgantown, West Virginia, man has been arrested near Bismarck in connection with a home invasion in Minnesota.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge on Wednesday overturned a North Dakota law that bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks into pregnancy and before many women know they're pregnant.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple on Wednesday signaled a potential legal challenge to proposed federal rules aimed at cutting carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants and oil refineries.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota officials are negotiating a $3 million deal to keep Dakota the duckbilled dinosaur on permanent display in Bismarck, where the rare mummified fossil is planned as a cornerstone of a $51 million expansion at the North Dakota Heritage Center on the state Capitol grounds.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The man prosecuting a white supremacist who unsuccessfully tried to turn the small North Dakota town of Leith into an all-white enclave says an investigative report ordered by a judge is riddled with errors.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The military says a change of command is set for a North Dakota National Guard unit.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - In a story April 11 about the military partnership between the Ghanaian Armed Forces and North Dakota's National Guard, The Associated Press incorrectly spelled the name of the Guard's commander on the fourth reference. His last name is Sprynczynatyk, not Sprynvzynatyk.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The state Historical Society is still negotiating the purchase price of the boyhood home of famous band leader Lawrence Welk, three months after the group decided North Dakota taxpayers should own it.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Game and Fish Department is prohibiting open burning this spring on the Oahe Wildlife Management Area south of Bismarck-Mandan.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Police say a woman tried to assault a member of U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp's staff at her Bismarck office Thursday afternoon.
STANLEY, North Dakota - The Mountrail County Sheriff's Office is trying to track down the owners of stolen items recovered during a two-year investigation into thefts in four counties and on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Dakota Digital Film Festival has announced the names of the short films that will be screened at its April 25 event in Bismarck.