- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 pm
- ND man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl Updated: Mar-04-14 5:39 pm
- Student sentenced in lockdown of ND university Updated: Mar-04-14 7:17 am
- Weekend cold breaks records across the Dakotas Updated: Mar-03-14 2:25 pm
- Bismarck downtown quiet zone moves ahead Updated: Mar-01-14 7:05 am
- EPA head visits North Dakota at senator's request Updated: Feb-28-14 9:07 pm
- Bismarck man gets 1 ½ years for attack on stepson Updated: Feb-28-14 11:47 am
- ND teacher accused of sex with student resigns Updated: Feb-26-14 7:26 am
- Marine recruiter in ND pleads not guilty to arson Updated: Feb-25-14 5:59 pm
- Burbach joins AP in Bismarck Updated: Feb-25-14 5:43 pm
- ND leads nation in health, well-being; SD No. 2 Updated: Feb-21-14 5:46 pm
- Semifinals set at ND prep hockey tournaments Updated: Feb-21-14 7:33 am
- Campaign begins against ND conservation measure Updated: Feb-20-14 5:10 pm
- ND student charged after pot is mailed to college Updated: Feb-19-14 8:10 pm
- ND state pen warden resigning after 4 years on job Updated: Feb-19-14 6:05 pm
- Mandan might ban e-cigarette sales to minors Updated: Feb-19-14 12:20 pm
- ND considers alternatives as prisons, jails fill Updated: Feb-18-14 4:47 pm
- North Dakota deer management meetings starting Updated: Feb-17-14 8:23 am
- Airline boardings continue to increase in ND Updated: Feb-16-14 7:04 am
- Bismarck bans sale of e-cigarettes to minors Updated: Feb-14-14 9:25 am
- Woman to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder charge Updated: Feb-14-14 5:35 am
- Public fossil digs planned in North Dakota Updated: Feb-14-14 5:16 am
- Travel treacherous in much of North Dakota Updated: Feb-13-14 4:46 pm
- Bismarck mulls banning e-cigarettes to minors Updated: Feb-11-14 5:04 am
- Northern Plains are in for a winter warm-up Updated: Feb-10-14 11:43 am
Minot Daily News, Minot, March 4, 2014
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A central North Dakota man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A former University of Mary student and football player will not serve jail time for writing Facebook posts that prompted an hour-long lockdown of the North Dakota campus last fall.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The latest blast of frigid Arctic air to blanket the Dakotas soon will give way to warmer Pacific air, but it will leave behind a legacy of shattered cold-weather records across the two states.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bismarck City Commission has approved a contract with BNSF Railway to design a quiet zone for three downtown rail crossings in the capital city.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The head of the Environmental Protection Agency faced tough crowds Friday during stops in North Dakota, where coal and ethanol continue to be a big part of the oil-rich state's energy mix.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck man has been sentenced to 1 ½ years in prison for trying to strangle his teenage stepson during an argument.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A female Bismarck middle school teacher accused of having sex with a 15-year-old male student has resigned.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A U.S. Marine Corps recruiter in North Dakota has pleaded not guilty to a felony arson charge.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Kevin Burbach is joining The Associated Press as a general assignment reporter in Bismarck.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Oil-rich North Dakota leads the nation in a survey of the emotional, physical and mental well-being of its residents, followed closely by its sister state South Dakota, according to a national survey.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Semifinal matchups are set at the state high school boys' and girls' hockey tournaments in Grand Forks.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A coalition that includes energy, farm and business groups began a campaign Thursday against a proposed measure that would set aside more oil taxes for water, wildlife and parks projects.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A 55-year-old central North Dakota college student is facing charges after police discovered marijuana in a package that went through the school's mailroom.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The warden of the North Dakota State Penitentiary is quitting after managing the Bismarck prison for nearly four years.
MANDAN, North Dakota - Mandan's City Commission has given initial approval to an ordinance banning the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's robust economy has led to a record population, the lowest unemployment rate in the nation and thousands of more jobs than takers. But the state's economic miracle led by its oil bonanza also has resulted in plenty of problems, including more crime and increasingly overcrowded prison and jail cells.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Game and Fish Department is beginning a series of eight public meetings this week to talk about management of the state's deer population, but the agency's wildlife chief says officials won't have a lot of answers for hunters.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Passenger boardings at North Dakota's eight commercial airports in January rose more than 9 percent over the year.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck is the latest city in North Dakota to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors, and Williston is likely not far behind.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A woman says she will plead guilty in the stabbing death of a man on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Paleontologist John Hoganson with the North Dakota Geological Survey says the state is holding five public fossil digs this summer.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Another day, another Alberta clipper.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A public hearing is slated in Bismarck on a proposed ordinance that would ban selling electronic smoking devices to minors.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Arctic air that has enveloped the Northern Plains for a week and half is on its way out, with a warm-up in store for the rest of the week.