- Damage estimates for Houston-area flooding on the rise Updated: Apr-22-16 4:49 pm
HOUSTON - Widespread flooding that's claimed eight lives and displaced thousands of people in the Houston area has caused more than $14 million in damage and inundated more than 1,700 homes - figures that authorities said Friday will increase significantly as floodwaters recede and inspectors get a closer look at ravaged neighborhoods.
- Dry soil to absorb some snowmelt heading to Colorado River Updated: Apr-22-16 2:52 pm
DENVER - Storms brought deep snow to the mountains that feed the vital Colorado River this winter and spring, but the dried-out landscape will soak up some of the runoff before it can reach the river and the 40 million people depending on it for water.
- Latest: Corps of Engineers releases water from control dams Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on Houston-area flooding (all times local):
- Weekend storm improves vital Colorado snowpack Updated: Apr-18-16 6:44 pm
DENVER - A powerful weekend storm dropped welcome snow into the Colorado mountains ahead of the critical spring runoff that determines how much water flows into rivers, reservoirs and farm fields, state and federal officials said Monday.
- Storms raised some pollutants after mine spill, not others Updated: Apr-15-16 5:30 pm
DENVER - Runoff from autumn storms kicked up the levels of some contaminants in a southwestern Colorado river after a massive spill of toxic mine waste, but concentrations of other pollutants declined or didn't change, researchers said Friday.
- Wildfire along California-Arizona line 40 percent contained Updated: Apr-07-16 10:59 am
NEEDLES, California - Firefighters in California and Arizona have increased containment of a wildfire in a desert marsh area along the Colorado River.
- Fire on California-Arizona border leads RV parks to evacuate Updated: Apr-07-16 2:02 am
NEEDLES, California - A wildfire driven by gusty winds erupted in western Arizona on Wednesday and jumped the Colorado River into California, devouring more than 2 square miles of brush and prompting the evacuation of a resort and RV parks before the flames began to ease, authorities said.
- Latest: California-Arizona border fire at 1,400+ acres Updated: Apr-06-16 10:13 pm
NEEDLES, California - The Latest on a wildfire on the Arizona-California border (all times local):