- Correction: Ukraine-Russian Soldiers story Updated: May-20-15 9:32 am
KIEV, Ukraine - In a story May 19 about two men identified as Russian soldiers who were captured in Ukraine, The Associated Press gave an incorrect last name for one of them on second reference. The man's last name is Alexandrov, not Smirnov.
- Dynamo Kiev wins Ukrainian league title Updated: May-17-15 2:57 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Dynamo Kiev won the Ukrainian league title Sunday for the first time in six years.
- Ukraine's Dnipro beats Napoli to reach Europa League final Updated: May-14-15 5:33 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk reached its first Europa League final beating Napoli 1-0 in Kiev to knock out the Italian favorite 2-1 on aggregate on Thursday.
- Observers blast restrictions on citizens in eastern Ukraine Updated: May-13-15 12:13 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Observers from a European security organization on Wednesday criticized the Ukrainian government for restricting freedom of movement for residents in the war-torn east and urged it to reconsider the permit system it has introduced for crossing the front line.
- Ukraine erases communist reminders as it tries to ditch past Updated: May-12-15 4:28 am
KIEV, Ukraine - A hulking steel statue of a victorious female warrior bearing aloft sword and shield looms in dour majesty over the Ukrainian capital. The Motherland Monument's shield bears the Communist hammer-and-sickle, but maybe not for much longer.
- Ukraine says radiation levels not affected by Chernobyl fire Updated: Apr-29-15 5:58 am
KIEV, Ukraine - There has been no change in background radiation levels in the Ukrainian capital as a result of nighttime fires in woodlands in the exclusion zone around the destroyed Chernobyl nuclear power plant, Ukrainian authorities said Wednesday.