- Russian, Ukrainian leaders hold talks in Paris Updated: Oct-02-15 5:24 pm
PARIS - A summit reviving a European push to bring peace to eastern Ukraine ended Friday with a call for the delay of contentious rebel plans to hold local elections this month and for both sides to begin a promised withdrawal of smaller-caliber weapons.
- Dynamo Kiev beats Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2-0 in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 5:28 pm
HAIFA, Israel - Dynamo Kiev scored a goal early in each half as it eased to a 2-0 victory over Maccabi Tel-Aviv and went top of the Group G standings in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Chelsea, hurting at home, looks for relief in Europe Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho's Chelsea has made a miserable start to the Premier League season, lying 15th after seven games, but it's top of Champions league G and hopeful a strong run in Europe's prestige tournament can ease the pressure at home.
- Ukraine's richest man plays both sides of war's frontline Updated: Sep-22-15 9:31 am
KRASNODON, Ukraine - In this town deep in eastern Ukraine's rebel heartland, about a quarter of the population works in the coal mines owned by billionaire Rinat Akhmetov, Ukraine's richest man. Here and elsewhere in territory controlled by the separatist insurgency, the tycoon keeps the lights on and people clothed and fed, with a mixture of jobs, electricity and aid.
- Ukraine leader expresses wish to join NATO Updated: Sep-22-15 7:16 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Tuesday told the country's security council that staying out of the NATO alliance was a "criminal" policy that his government is ready to reverse.
- Putin, Berlusconi in Ukraine probe for drinking Crimea wine Updated: Sep-18-15 10:11 am
MOSCOW - Ukrainian prosecutors are preparing charges against the director of a winery in Russian-occupied Crimea for allegedly uncorking a 240-year-old bottle for Russian President Vladimir Putin and former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi.
- Dynamo Kiev rescues 2-2 draw against Porto Updated: Sep-16-15 5:13 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Vitaliy Buyalskiy scored an 89th-minute goal as Ukraine's Dynamo Kiev salvaged a 2-2 draw with Porto in Group G of the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Chelsea needing a pressure-relieving win in Champions League Updated: Sep-15-15 7:43 am
LONDON - Chelsea will host Maccabi Tel Aviv in its Champions League Group G opener on Wednesday, needing a win to take some pressure off manager Jose Mourinho.
- Elton John urges Ukraine to accept gays Updated: Sep-12-15 11:31 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Elton John has called on Ukraine's business leaders to accept gays in the workplace, telling them that policies "designed to repress LGBT citizens ... hinder economic development."
- Senior right-wing party members charged with Monday clashes Updated: Sep-04-15 7:22 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Two senior members of a Ukrainian nationalist party were charged Friday with rioting while their leader walked free after being questioned in Kiev in connection with Monday's clashes outside the parliament.