- City hall in Ukraine's Kiev cancels school amid heat wave Updated: Sep-03-15 6:22 am
KIEV, Ukraine - The city hall in Ukraine's capital Kiev on Thursday scrapped classes at schools and pre-schools until the end of the week amid a record-breaking heat wave and peat-bog fires.
- Parliamentary coalition in Ukraine shows cracks Updated: Sep-01-15 10:40 am
KIEV, Ukraine - The Ukrainian parliament majority showed cracks on Tuesday after a right-wing party said it was exiting the coalition over a measure to give more powers to Ukrainian regions, including the rebel-held east.
- Grenade explodes during Ukraine clashes; 1 officer killed Updated: Aug-31-15 5:31 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - As lawmakers took up a measure to give greater powers to separatists in eastern Ukraine, nationalist protesters clashed with police outside parliament on Monday, and the Interior Ministry said one officer was killed in a grenade blast and more than 100 were wounded.
- Ukrainian kids go to military camp Updated: Aug-31-15 12:06 pm
STARE, Ukraine - More than 100 Ukrainian schoolchildren will have unusual tales to tell their mates when classes resume, after spending part of their summer vacations undergoing training by the National Guard.
- Ukraine vows to increase troops to fend off rebel attacks Updated: Aug-24-15 2:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's president vowed to increase troop numbers to fend off attacks by Russia-backed separatist rebels and warned his countrymen that there is still the threat of a "large-scale invasion," in an impassioned speech to mark Independence Day on Monday.
- Remains of WWII German soldiers found in Kiev Updated: Aug-20-15 11:22 am
MOSCOW - A Ukrainian newspaper says Ukrainian and German servicemen have found remains of about 200 German soldiers buried in Kiev during the German occupation in World War II.
- Moscow urges Europe to get Ukraine to comply with truce Updated: Aug-19-15 1:43 pm
MOSCOW - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov pushed Wednesday for European powers to get Ukraine to comply with a truce in eastern Ukraine.
- Ukraine argues for US weapons during Pelosi's visit to Kiev Updated: Aug-05-15 12:14 pm
MOSCOW - Ukrainian security officials have renewed their request for U.S. weapons while meeting with a visiting congressional delegation headed by House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.