- Buddy bench at Pa. school helps foster friendships Updated: Dec-04-13 9:49 pm
- Publisher of The York Dispatch named new president Updated: Dec-04-13 4:29 pm
- Editorial: Auto bailout all but forgotten Updated: Dec-04-13 4:19 pm
- Cops: Pa. man drove DUI, flipped at Mickey D's Updated: Dec-04-13 1:29 pm
- Medical: New imaging detecting long-term brain injury... Updated: Dec-04-13 1:28 pm
- Ed Burns talks 'Mob City,' acting and storytelling Updated: Dec-04-13 12:53 pm
- Police: Brother killed when Pa. man flees, crashes Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 am
- Editorial: Biden's Far East trip assumes new importance Updated: Dec-03-13 5:18 pm
- Pa. man faces charges in crash that killed brother Updated: Dec-03-13 3:08 pm
- Delta cuts another 15 Memphis flights Updated: Dec-03-13 2:21 pm
- Deer season opens in Pa. amid warm weather Updated: Dec-02-13 6:28 pm
- Stepdaughter pleads guilty to role in Pa. death Updated: Dec-02-13 5:10 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 13 Updated: Nov-29-13 9:21 am
- Pa. men hurt when bomb made 'for fun' explodes Updated: Nov-27-13 6:01 pm
- Reg Henry: Save us all by shunning your urge to selfie Updated: Nov-27-13 1:51 pm
- Jay Ambrose: Filibuster flattened, GOP aroused Updated: Nov-27-13 1:49 pm
- Soul man: David Porter grooms talent for Memphis music... Updated: Nov-26-13 2:54 pm
- Winter deals show the advantage of building from within Updated: Nov-26-13 12:18 pm
- Gavin Stern: How many days until January? Updated: Nov-26-13 11:48 am
- Basu: Are short-sighted tax credits worth the cost? Updated: Nov-26-13 11:17 am
- Skeleton near Pa. mall maybe a foul play victim Updated: Nov-25-13 4:52 pm
- Police get warrant in double-fatal York shooting Updated: Nov-25-13 1:23 pm
- Treasures: Candlestick likely a reproduction of Mottahedeh... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- John Crisp: Too much noise undermines the national ability... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- Trey Radel:: What's the price tag for his folly? Updated: Nov-25-13 9:46 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania second-grader has come up with a great idea for kids at his school: a buddy bench.
YORK, Pennsylvania - The York Dispatch will have a new president in the new year.
When President Obama orchestrated the multibillion-dollar bailout of the U.S. auto industry in 2009 - GM and Chrysler were headed into bankruptcy, Ford was struggling - his many critics derided it as either a nefarious socialist plot or an attempt to buy the votes of autoworkers about to lose their jobs.
SHREWSBURY, Pennsylvania - Police say a man was driving drunk - and too burger-flipping fast - when his car overturned at a McDonald's drive-thru lane.
12-04-13 - Doctors have known for a long time that in some patients, damage to the brain lingerers long after an injury is inflicted by an explosion or a physical blow. Yet the causes of long-term problems from even mild concussions are often invisible to standard brain-scanning techniques.
Actor, director and writer Ed Burns' first feature film, "The Brothers McMullen," launched his career as a multitasking talent. He went on to star along with Tom Hanks in "Saving Private Ryan" and last year in "Alex Cross" with Tyler Perry. The 45-year-old comes from a long line of New York City police officers, but he plays the infamous mobster Bugsy Siegel in TNT's "Mob City." He lives in New York City with his wife, model Christy Turlington, and their two children.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Police say a central Pennsylvania man was killed when the car his brother was driving crashed while fleeing officers after sideswiping another vehicle.
Vice President Joe Biden is not noted for his diplomatic skills. He is, however, noted for being plain-spoken, even disconcertingly blunt. He may need the latter trait more than the former during his current week-long tour of East Asia.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Police in central Pennsylvania say a driver fleeing the scene of a car accident crashed into a tree two minutes later, killing his brother riding in the passenger seat.
12-03-13 - MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Delta Air Lines will scratch nonstops from Memphis to four cities and reduce frequency of flights to nine other markets starting Tuesday.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvania hunters tramped into the woods Monday for the first day of the state's major deer hunting season, a two-week tradition that began with warmer than average temperatures under clear skies.
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania woman has pleaded guilty to charges related to a murder that her stepfather was convicted of committing.
GERRY DULAC'S NFL FORECAST WEEK 13 (All times EST)
YORK, Pennsylvania - Investigators say two Pennsylvania men hurt when a pipe bomb they were making exploded didn't have malicious intent in making the device.
One of the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving is that I have never taken a photograph of myself. This reticence puts me seriously athwart the culture.
Democrats in the U.S. Senate have ended filibusters on presidential nominations for judicial and executive positions, and there are a few things to say about that. It is spit in the face of a proud American tradition. It will further the autocratic ambitions of our president. It will exacerbate partisan turmoil. And it sets a precedent that could eventually haunt the left as much as the right.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - One of the last of the original soul men stood on a gravel road in South Memphis, dust gathering on his patent leather shoes, and looked back up a small hill.
Though the amount of money being thrown around baseball continues to astonish, there probably won't be a more eye-popping contract handed out this offseason than the four-year, $53 million deal the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
My grad school's health insurance plan ran out last August. Because I was older than 26, I missed the cutoff to get on my dad's policy. My employer - who I love and respect - didn't provide health insurance. I was on my own to find a policy, at least until Obamacare kicks in come January.
Last week I made one of my sons return a delightful but ridiculously expensive birthday present he got me. Not because the gift and the thought behind it weren't welcome, but because he just joined the working world, New York is an expensive city to live in, and he's got school loans. Our family will be better off once that debt is repaid.
YORK, Pennsylvania - The York coroner says human remains found last week near a shopping mall are those of a white man in his 30s or 40s and were likely at the location for three to 10 years.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Police have issued an arrest warrant for a man charged with fatally shooting two men in eastern Pennsylvania during a drug deal gone awry.
Dear Helaine and Joe: I own what might be a vintage or early piece of Mottahedeh "Tobacco Leaf" pattern. It is a 10-inch-tall candlestick with a fluted top. The candlestick's column is flanked by two monkeys - one large one on the left and a smaller one on the right. The pattern is almost identical to the current "Tobacco Leaf" pattern made by Mottahedeh with one exception - the bird is standing on a pink leaf rather than a green one. The only markings on the bottom are three digit numbers. Any information about its origins and worth would be appreciated. Thanks so much, G. D.
Listen up, if you can still hear me.
Trey Radel's mistakes are proving costly.