- Man gets prison time in shooting of snowball-throwing teen Updated: Aug-24-15 4:08 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man who pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in a shooting that injured a teenager who threw snowballs at his car has been sentenced to 11½ to 23 months in prison.
- Church: Pastor charged in prostitution sting placed on leave Updated: Aug-22-15 11:37 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - A Presbyterian church in central Pennsylvania says its pastor has been placed on administrative leave after he was charged with prostitution-related offenses in Maryland.
- Church pastor charged in prostitution sting Updated: Aug-21-15 1:02 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Presbyterian pastor from York, Pennsylvania, has been charged in a prostitution sting in Frederick County, Maryland.
- Pennsylvania teacher shares a love of learning with babies Updated: Aug-15-15 3:22 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - By 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, two babies squirmed in Chayanee Propst's lap and a few more crawled on the floor around her in the YWCA's "Bumblebee" room.
- Causes, potential consequences of testing opt-out movement Updated: Aug-13-15 6:09 pm
BUFFALO, New York - New York is facing a growing rebellion against Common Core-aligned standardized tests. About 20 percent of the state's third- through eighth-graders refused to take the tests this spring, up from 5 percent a year earlier. As state education officials consider the possibility of sanctions against districts with large numbers of students opting out, they also promise a plan to boost participation.
- Man accused of leading police on chase Updated: Aug-13-15 7:56 am
YORK, Maine - Police say a man who at first threatened to harm himself with a pellet gun led officers on a chase from Maine into New Hampshire and back, until he was stopped by sheriff's deputies.
- Dead Poets Society founder wraps up tour, visits 500th grave Updated: Aug-07-15 6:28 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A Maine man who travels the nation to document the final resting places of poets has completed a summer tour in which he visited his 500th grave.
- Coroner: Man killed wife, then himself in Pennsylvania home Updated: Aug-01-15 6:22 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Authorities in central Pennsylvania's York County say a man shot and killed his wife before turning the weapon on himself in the county's fourth murder-suicide this year.