- Springfield police: Woman going 96 mph before fatal accident Updated: Aug-04-15 10:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Prosecutors say an Illinois woman's car was going 96 mph when it slammed into a stopped SUV, killing a Springfield couple.
- Missouri State, Mercy Springfield to operate clinic Updated: Aug-01-15 1:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri State University and Mercy Springfield have agreed to jointly operate a primary care clinic for the uninsured.
- Woman accused in antifreeze deaths wants statements tossed Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Attorneys for a southwestern Missouri woman accused of fatally poisoning her husband and a son with antifreeze are asking a judge to toss out her videotaped statements to investigators.
- Springfield man seeks settlement in suit involving late son Updated: Jul-31-15 9:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The father of a 4-year-old boy killed in a fall from a third-story window last year in downtown Springfield is asking a judge to sign off on a $100,000 settlement of his wrongful-death lawsuit.
- Renovated Missouri State residence hall won't open on time Updated: Jul-29-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Some Missouri State University students will be housed in hotels when the semester begins next month.
- Flooding forces hatchery trout into southwest Missouri river Updated: Jul-27-15 9:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Recent flooding in southwest Missouri has been a boon for anglers because it forced trout out of a large hatchery pool and into publicly accessible areas of a popular trout stream.
- Parson dropping Missouri governor's bid to seek No. 2 post Updated: Jul-25-15 7:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's crowded Republican primary for governor shrunk by one Saturday, as state Sen. Mike Parson dropped out and announced that he instead will seek the state's No. 2 post of lieutenant governor.
- Springfield woman to stand trial mother's death Updated: Jul-24-15 7:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A judge has found probable cause for a 23-year-old Missouri woman accused of arranging her mother's killing to stand trial.
- Man accused of threatening to bomb Springfield church Updated: Jul-23-15 9:29 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwestern Missouri man is accused of threatening to blow up a church and kill everyone in the congregation.
- Missouri wildlife staff euthanize bear after someone fed it Updated: Jul-22-15 5:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri wildlife officials say they euthanized a black bear in the southwest part of the state this week because someone in the area was feeding it, causing the animal to no longer avoid humans.
- Illinois complete non-conference basketball schedule Updated: Jul-22-15 4:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has announced home games with South Dakota, Yale and Western Carolina to complete a non-conference basketball schedule that already included Notre Dame.
- Springfield father, son plead guilty in fraud scheme Updated: Jul-22-15 1:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri restaurant owner has pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from defrauding banks out of more than $5.5 million in commercial loans.
- Officer responds to fight, finds himself surrounded by crowd Updated: Jul-22-15 8:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri police officer who responded to a fight in a gas station parking lot found himself surrounded by a hostile crowd.
- Drowning cases on the rise throughout Missouri this year Updated: Jul-21-15 10:50 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri has already seen nearly as many drowning cases in the first seven months of this year as in all of 2014.
- Republican Sen. Dixon enters race for Missouri governor Updated: Jul-20-15 4:55 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - State Sen. Bob Dixon joined four other announced Republican candidates vying for Missouri governor in 2016, touting his Christian faith and conservative views during an announcement Monday on the front porch of his Springfield home.
- OSHA proposes $74K in fines for storage tank company Updated: Jul-17-15 4:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A federal agency has proposed $74,000 in fines for a storage tank manufacturer accused of exposing workers to hazardous levels of a chemical than can cause lung cancer and other health problems.
- Missouri university drops health insurance for US students Updated: Jul-16-15 3:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri State University is set to drop health insurance for domestic students after an internal review showed decreasing use.
- Joplin doctor gets probation for giving unapproved drugs Updated: Jul-16-15 2:13 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Joplin oncologist has been sentenced to five years of probation for dispensing unapproved cancer medication to patients.
- 3 friends hear screams for help, pull man away from girl Updated: Jul-08-15 9:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police say three people responded to a 14-year-old girl's screams along a dark trail and stopped a 22-year-old man from raping her.
- Joplin business owner gets 3 years in prison for selling K2 Updated: Jul-08-15 5:14 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A man has been sentenced to three years in prison for mail fraud conspiracy and money laundering related to the sale of more than $1 million worth of synthetic marijuana known as K2 through his business in Joplin.