- Drury to cut 12 jobs because of lower enrollment Updated: Oct-07-15 11:56 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Drury University has announced plans to cut a dozen jobs amid lower student enrollments.
- Missouri company faces federal lawsuit over slur allegations Updated: Oct-06-15 12:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A federal agency has filed a lawsuit against a Missouri hotel management company over allegations that some of the company's black employees were subjected to racial slurs.
- Prosecutor says no charges in Springfield shooting death Updated: Oct-03-15 4:03 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri prosecutor says no charges will be filed in the November fatal shooting death of a Springfield man after an argument over rental property.
- Missouri man sentenced to life for molesting 2 young girls Updated: Oct-02-15 4:48 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 45-year-old southwest Missouri man has pleaded guilty and will serve six concurrent life sentences for molesting two young girls in 2009.
- Share the Harvest program encourages hunters to give back Updated: Oct-01-15 5:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Conservation officials are reminding hunters that they can donate deer meat to families in need through a Missouri program.
- Southwestern Missouri man accused of throwing acid on couple Updated: Sep-30-15 3:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwestern Missouri man is accused of injuring a couple by throwing acid on them during a confrontation.
- Drury University explains need for personnel cuts Updated: Sep-30-15 2:48 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Drury University is taking steps to explain why an estimated $3 million in cuts to personnel are necessary.
- Missouri sex offender sentenced to decade in federal prison Updated: Sep-30-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwestern Missouri registered sex offender has been ordered to spend a decade in federal prison for possessing child obscenities uncovered after he was found riding a bicycle in women's clothing.
- Billings man gets 5 years in prison for child pornography Updated: Sep-29-15 6:21 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Billings man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for receiving and distributing child pornography.
- Missouri college students tout tornado-resistant solar home Updated: Sep-27-15 1:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - College students in southwestern Missouri have helped develop a portable solar-powered home they believe can withstand the most powerful of tornadoes.
- Police investigate abductions of 2 Springfield co-workers Updated: Sep-25-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating reports that a masked man abducted two co-workers, roughed them up and returned them in separate incidents.
- 911 dispatchers, from the other side of the phone Updated: Sep-25-15 9:48 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - It's 11:30 on a recent Thursday night, and the Springfield-Greene County 911 Emergency Dispatch Center has been relatively uneventful.
- Watchdog asks sheriffs to remove 'In God We Trust' decals Updated: Sep-24-15 6:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A group dedicated to upholding the separation of church and state is asking sheriffs in Missouri to remove "In God We Trust" decals from their squad vehicles.
- Springfield to pay $250,000 to family of man shot by officer Updated: Sep-24-15 5:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The city of Springfield has agreed to pay $250,000 to settle a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by the family of a man police fatally shot in February.
- Trial delayed for woman accused in husband, son's deaths Updated: Sep-24-15 5:42 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield woman accused of killing her husband and son and trying to kill her daughter with antifreeze will not go on trial until May.
- Effort to recall Springfield official spurs Facebook groups Updated: Sep-23-15 6:24 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield City Council member is at the center of a recall effort over his response to topless rallies at which women protest unequal rights.
- Woman charged in Missouri homicide arrested in Tennessee Updated: Sep-23-15 3:36 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A woman wanted in the killing of a southwest Missouri man has been arrested at a hotel in Tennessee.
- Disciplined radio employee quits after hoax comments Updated: Sep-21-15 2:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield radio station employee has quit after refusing to back down from his suggestion that the on-air killings of two Virginia journalists were a hoax.
- Springfield woman pleads guilty in tax fraud scheme Updated: Sep-21-15 1:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield woman became the 11th person to plead guilty in a tax fraud scheme that netted nearly $340,000.
- Bodies exhumed after concerns raised about Missouri burials Updated: Sep-17-15 4:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two graves have been opened after a southern Missouri mortuary worker raised concerns that three bodies had been mixed up and the families weren't notified.
- Missouri House roll call on right-to-work legislation Updated: Sep-17-15 12:36 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 96-63 roll call vote Wednesday to override Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from nonmembers, sometimes called right to work. The bill was 13 votes short the two-thirds majority needed to override Nixon and enact right to work.
- Trial in Branson man's death moved to Greene County Updated: Sep-16-15 4:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The trial of a man charged in a 2013 strangulation death in Branson will be heard in Greene County.
- Springfield man pleads guilty to investment fraud scheme Updated: Sep-14-15 6:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man pleaded guilty to an investment fraud scheme that cost three victims more than $1.1 million.
- Missouri St. wins home opener, tops Div. II Chadron St 21-13 Updated: Sep-12-15 7:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Calan Crowder ran for 164 yards and Missouri State gave first-year head coach Dave Steckel his first victory in the home opener, holding off Division II-Chadron State, 21-13 on Saturday.
- Springfield man pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter Updated: Sep-11-15 8:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a fatal shooting.