- Welch, LujÃ¡n propose nationwide energy standards Updated: Aug-01-15 3:17 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Two members of Congress - Vermont's Peter Welch and New Mexico's Ray LujÃ¡n are proposing nationwide energy standards - one for renewable energy and another for energy efficiency.
- Lake Champlain drawbridge stuck in up position Updated: Aug-01-15 2:40 pm
GRAND ISLE, Vermont - A drawbridge on the main road connecting Vermont's Lake Champlain Islands was stuck in the up position for more than an hour, forcing traffic to be re-routed.
- Vermont systems monitor Lake Champlain water for algae Updated: Aug-01-15 11:23 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a program to regularly monitor for a potentially toxic blue-green algae that shut down service to 400,000 customers in Ohio last summer.
- Vermont State Police probe Killington fatal crash Updated: Aug-01-15 9:13 am
KILLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police are investigating a one-vehicle crash in Killington that killed a Connecticut man and left a woman with minor injuries.
- Vermont State Police ask public's help in probing fatal Updated: Aug-01-15 8:58 am
RICHMOND, Vermont - Vermont State Police are asking for the public's help as they investigate an accident on Interstate 89 in Richmond that left one man dead and a woman seriously injured.
- GMP announces slight rate decrease Updated: Jul-31-15 5:05 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Vermont's largest power company is asking state regulators to approve a slight decrease in its rates.
- Vermont hospital opens new acute rehab center Updated: Jul-31-15 4:11 pm
WINDSOR, Vermont - Hospital officials say a new rehabilitation center is open for business in eastern Vermont.
- State board fines Vermont Gas for silence on cost increase Updated: Jul-31-15 3:40 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The state Public Service Board on Friday announced it would fine Vermont Gas Systems $100,000 for its slowness in reporting the first of two big cost increases on its pipeline project to extend its system down the state's western side.
- Former workers: Vermont Transportation intolerant of gays Updated: Jul-31-15 12:29 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three former highway maintenance employees are accusing the Vermont Agency of Transportation of mistreating them because they are gay.
- Private prison firm responds to Vermont inmate complaints Updated: Jul-31-15 10:13 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The company that operates a private prison in Michigan where Vermont recently moved 280 of its inmates is defending its operation in the face of inmate complaints.
- President Obama signs disaster declaration for Vermont Updated: Jul-31-15 9:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration that will make federal funds available to Vermont for storm recovery.
- Police: 1 killed, 1 injured in head-on car crash on highway Updated: Jul-31-15 8:10 am
RICHMOND, Vermont - Authorities say one person has died in a head-on car crash on Interstate 89 in Vermont.
- 3 plead not guilty to Medicaid fraud Updated: Jul-31-15 7:46 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three people have pleaded not guilty to Medicaid fraud, related to claims made in providing care to a disabled adult.
- National GOP targets Vermont Legislature for gains Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Two national Republican groups have put Vermont on a list of 10 states nationwide where they'll focus their efforts to pick up legislative seats.
- Former Rutland attorney gets 4 to 10 years for hit and run Updated: Jul-30-15 4:02 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A former Rutland city attorney who was convicted of a fatal hit-and-run crash was sentenced to at least four years in prison.
- $350K economic development grant from Vermont Yankee parent Updated: Jul-30-15 2:22 pm
KEENE, New Hampshire - A southwestern New Hampshire organization is getting a $350,000 economic development grant from the parent company of Vermont Yankee to benefit communities affected by the closure of the nuclear power plant.
- Once endangered, peregrine falcons now thriving in Vermont Updated: Jul-30-15 12:26 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Once considered endangered, peregrine falcons are having a great year in Vermont.
- Valente named superior court judge Updated: Jul-30-15 11:34 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin has appointed lawyer John Valente to Vermont's superior court.
- Officials say no US help for central Vermont flooding damage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont emergency management officials say the damage from flooding in central Vermont earlier this month did not cause enough damage to qualify for federal disaster assistance.
- Vermont's 2 senators denounce move to cut Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-30-15 3:07 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's two U.S. senators are denouncing a Republican-backed move to defund Planned Parenthood.
- Some Vermont consumers oppose health insurance rate hikes Updated: Jul-29-15 6:43 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Loren Mandell Wood of Burlington came into the world 11 days ago at an "out-of-pocket maximum" cost of as much as $5,100. On Wednesday, he did not appear prepared to pull that money out of his pocket.
- Former Gov. Douglas interim director of historical society Updated: Jul-29-15 12:47 pm
BARRE, Vermont - Former Gov. Jim Douglas has been named interim executive director of the Vermont Historical Society while a national search is conducted for a permanent one.
- Marijuana legalization advocates hold meeting in Brattleboro Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Vermont marijuana growers and advocates gathered earlier this week to discuss proposed legislation that would legalize recreational use of the drug in the state.
- Arizona man gets 15 years in 2007 Vermont stabbing death Updated: Jul-29-15 11:14 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont judge has sentenced a man to 15 years in prison after he was convicted of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of a man in 2007.
- Carlson appointed to Vermont Superior Court Updated: Jul-29-15 10:10 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin has appointed Tom Carlson to the Vermont Superior Court.