- Vermont man charged with attempted murder Updated: Apr-20-14 2:35 pm
- Vermont officials remind boaters to stay safe Updated: Apr-20-14 11:19 am
- Vermont hikers urged to stay off muddy trails Updated: Apr-20-14 11:13 am
- 15th Herrick's Cove Wildlife Festival coming up Updated: Apr-20-14 9:46 am
- US Forest Service promotes summer fun at ski areas Updated: Apr-20-14 9:22 am
- Burlington to hold meeting on bike path Updated: Apr-20-14 8:14 am
- Police: 4 charged after vandalism, fight at party Updated: Apr-19-14 2:44 pm
- 18 northern New England colleges get green ranking Updated: Apr-19-14 1:44 pm
- Stepfather charged in 2-year-old's death released Updated: Apr-19-14 11:19 am
- UN ambassador, swimmer among Vermont speakers Updated: Apr-19-14 10:10 am
- Colleges: Transfer students are out-of-staters Updated: Apr-19-14 9:49 am
- 37 Vermont buildings to receive preservation money Updated: Apr-19-14 8:44 am
- 5 Vermont ski areas still open Updated: Apr-19-14 8:19 am
- Ex-Vermont employee faces embezzlement charges Updated: Apr-18-14 7:16 pm
- Fire destroys Swanton sugar house Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 pm
- Vermont says unemployment now 2nd lowest in US Updated: Apr-18-14 2:40 pm
- Pilot parachutes from small plane before crash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:38 pm
- 8 people arrested in drug sweep Updated: Apr-18-14 8:19 am
- General store succeeding after reopening Updated: Apr-18-14 7:58 am
- Mental health evaluation ordered in shootings case Updated: Apr-18-14 7:49 am
- Vermont Yankee nuke seeks to end emergency zone Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Burlington school district facing tax penalties Updated: Apr-18-14 4:05 am
- Man killed in Vt. motorcycle crash Updated: Apr-17-14 10:43 pm
- Vermont Senate hears challenge of opiate treatment Updated: Apr-17-14 7:55 pm
- Police: Vermont deaths likely a murder-suicide Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont police have arrested a man accused of trying to strangle a woman in Burlington.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials are reminding boaters and anglers to stay safe on the water and wear flotation vests.
WATERBURY CENTER, Vermont - The Green Mountain Club is urging hikers to stay off muddy and high-elevation trails.
ROCKINGHAM, Vermont - The 15th annual Herrick's Cove Wildlife Festival in the Vermont town of Rockingham is going to include nature walks, and live animals including birds, mammals and reptiles.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three Vermont ski areas at least partially located in the Green Mountain National Forest could expand their summer recreational activities by taking part in a new national program designed to promote year-round recreation activities on the federal land.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The city of Burlington is holding a public meeting next month to discuss proposed improvements to the bike path along Lake Champlain.
IRASBURG, Vermont - Vermont State Police say four people are facing charges after a window was smashed and a fight broke out at a party in Irasburg.
Northern New England has made a strong showing in the Princeton Review's 2014 guide to "green colleges," with 18 colleges and universities receiving recognition.
POULTNEY, Vermont - A Poultney man charged in the death of his 2-year-old stepdaughter has been released on bail.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A long-distance swimmer, an oceanographer and the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations are among this spring's commencement speakers at Vermont colleges and universities.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - As college students prepare to leave New Hampshire and Vermont for summer break, a recent national study raises questions about how many will return in the fall.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Thirty-seven Vermont buildings in 11 counties are going to be sharing $540,000 in state preservation grants.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Ski Areas Association says five ski resorts will remain open this weekend, with three planning to offer skiing and riding into May.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A former state employee was charged Friday with embezzling more than $50,000 by using what Gov. Peter Shumlin called a "fairly sophisticated" scheme that involved setting up false claims against the state and then using the money that was to pay those claims for her own purposes.
SWANTON, Vermont - Fire has destroyed a sugar house in the Vermont town of Swanton.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin says the latest unemployment statistics show Vermont now has the second lowest unemployment rate in the country.
HIGHGATE, Vermont - Vermont State Police say the pilot of a small plane that crashed next to Interstate 89 in Highgate suffered minor injuries after parachuting out of the plane to safety.
HARTFORD, Vermont - Police in the Vermont town of Hartford say eight people have been arrested on the sale and possession of narcotics.
BARNARD, Vermont - A nonprofit group's effort to buy and reopen a building that housed a general store for 180 years in Vermont has been a success.
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - A judge has ordered a mental health evaluation of a Vermont man charged with shooting and wounding two state police troopers and a disabled neighbor to determine if he is competent to stand trial.
VERNON, Vermont - The company that owns the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant wants to do away with the 10-mile emergency planning zone surrounding the reactor after it ceases operation later this year.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington School District is expecting to be fined for late payment and nonpayment of payroll taxes.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a 24-year-old man has been killed in a motorcycle crash in Burlington.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - An estimated 50,000 people in Vermont need treatment for addiction problems every year and don't get it, and efforts to expand treatment options for people addicted to heroin and other opiates are expected to increase pressure on the treatment system, the head of an addiction-treatment center told a state Senate committee Thursday.
STOWE, Vermont - Police in Stowe, Vermont, are calling a suspected murder-suicide a "tragic act of domestic violence."