- Once a Clinton stronghold, Appalachia now Trump country Updated: May-03-16 2:11 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - When President Bill Clinton rolled into the small Appalachian town of Ashland, Kentucky, in 1996, cheering crowds lined the streets. Local boy-turned-country music star Billy Ray Cyrus performed a special version of his hit, "Achy Breaky Heart" before nearly 20,000 supporters at a riverfront re-election rally.
- Democrat Hillary Clinton making campaign stops in Appalachia Updated: May-02-16 3:40 am
ASHLAND, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is making campaign stops in Appalachia this week, starting in Kentucky and West Virginia.
- Sister of state representative dies in Ashland house fire Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 am
ASHLAND, Kentucky - The sister of a Kentucky state representative has died after a fire broke out in her Ashland home.
- Huntington 'slow-food' cafe features locally sourced menu Updated: Apr-24-16 11:24 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - It was one of those moments that spoke volumes.
- Last train unloads trash at eastern Kentucky landfill Updated: Apr-20-16 3:56 am
ASHLAND, Kentucky - There won't be any more out-of-state trash dumped at a landfill in eastern Kentucky.
- Prepaid cellphone customers face extra fee to support 911 Updated: Apr-13-16 4:53 pm
Prepaid cellphone customers in Kentucky will pay an extra fee to support local 911 emergency services under a bill signed into law on Wednesday by Gov. Matt Bevin.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Apr-13-16 2:29 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers: