- Fargo man killed after semitrailer rolled near Niagara Updated: May-05-15 5:13 am
NIAGARA, North Dakota - Authorities say a 45-year-old Fargo man has died after the semitrailer he was driving rolled into a highway median near Niagara.
- Fargo, Wyndmere students named US Presidential Scholars Updated: May-05-15 2:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Two eastern North Dakota students have been named U.S. Presidential Scholars.
- Defense attorney says case against teacher should be over Updated: May-01-15 6:11 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A prominent Fargo defense attorney says he doesn't believe there should be another trial for a West Fargo teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a female student in 2009.
- Fargo apartment tenants use pails of water to put out fire Updated: Apr-30-15 7:08 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Residents of a Fargo apartment building used pails of water to extinguish a fire that investigators have linked to a malfunctioning fluorescent light fixture.
- North Dakota GOP lawmaker defends sexting man from gay site Updated: Apr-29-15 9:05 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota lawmaker who has voted against extending legal protections to gays and lesbians is defending his decision to send a graphic photo of himself to another user of a gay dating website, telling his hometown newspaper that he is gay and "that's what gay guys do on gay sites, don't they?"
- Oregon man pleads not guilty in powdered fentanyl overdoses Updated: Apr-29-15 7:50 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A Portland, Oregon man has pleaded not guilty to supplying a powerful synthetic drug that led to numerous overdoses in eastern North Dakota.
- Fargo's acting mayor beats challenger to finish out term Updated: Apr-29-15 6:49 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Fargo residents have decided to remove "acting" from the title of Acting Mayor Tim Mahoney.
- ND man charged after dispute with neighbor over dog feces Updated: Apr-28-15 5:19 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota man is facing a terrorizing charge after he pointed a gun at a neighbor following a dispute over dog feces.
- Investigators release records of fiery Casselton derailment Updated: Apr-27-15 9:49 pm
Federal investigators have released hundreds of pages of records that offer new insight into the moments just before and after a 2013 oil train derailment near Casselton, North Dakota, that created a massive fire and forced 1,400 people to evacuate for several days.
- North Dakota Legislature OKs state-run rail safety program Updated: Apr-27-15 8:22 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature on Monday approved funding for a state-run rail safety pilot program intended to supplement federal oversight of oil train traffic.
- Charges pending against driver in car-train collision Updated: Apr-27-15 11:23 am
HILLSBORO, North Dakota - Formal charges are pending against the driver of a car hit by a train in Traill County.
- Fargo police looking for suspect who robbed area bank Updated: Apr-25-15 4:49 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Fargo police are looking for a man they say robbed an area bank Saturday.
- Guitarist Jack White holds surprise show in Rapid City Updated: Apr-25-15 3:37 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Former White Stripes front man Jack White played his first show in the Dakotas when his mysterious acoustic tour made a stop in Rapid City.
- Fargo lawmaker helps produce children's coloring book Updated: Apr-24-15 3:52 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Among the bills and other documents surrounding the desk of North Dakota Sen. Tim Flakoll these days is a box of coloring books. His books.
- Car crash in southeast North Dakota injures at least 3 teens Updated: Apr-24-15 9:40 am
KULM, North Dakota - At least three teenagers from Kulm were injured in a single-car crash near the southeastern North Dakota town.
- Fargo Marathon filling up; about 16K runners registered Updated: Apr-21-15 4:55 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Spots in the multiple races that are part of the Fargo Marathon weekend scheduled for next month are filling up quickly.
- Federal judge rejects appeal in 1997 killing of Fargo woman Updated: Apr-20-15 6:16 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A federal judge in North Dakota has rejected an appeal by a man convicted of killing his former baby sitter.
- Group trying to stop Fargo from killing tree-eating beavers Updated: Apr-18-15 6:13 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A group of residents in Fargo is pushing back against a city plan to trap and kill beavers that are chopping down and killing trees along the Red River.
- Fargo police find woman trapped in storage unit for days Updated: Apr-18-15 1:16 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A 59-year-old Fargo woman is expected to recover after she was trapped inside a storage unit for days.
- Woman arrested for driving drunk on I-29 with child in car Updated: Apr-17-15 10:55 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A Thompson woman is in custody after allegedly driving drunk on Interstate 29 with an infant child in the vehicle.
- Fargo woman accused of negligent homicide to change plea Updated: Apr-17-15 9:04 am
WASHBURN, North Dakota - A change-of-plea hearing has been scheduled for a Fargo woman who pleaded not guilty earlier to negligent homicide in a fatal all-terrain vehicle incident in McLean County.
- North Dakota House rejects plea to fund rail safety program Updated: Apr-14-15 2:44 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Republican-led House on Tuesday rejected a plea by Democrats to restore funding for a state-run rail safety program intended to supplement federal oversight of burgeoning oil train traffic.
- Shop: Ban of those who nixed gay rights bill served purpose Updated: Apr-12-15 2:17 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A worker-owner of a Fargo coffee shop who instituted a tongue-in-cheek ban on North Dakota lawmakers for opposing an anti-discrimination bill says the response has been "99.9 percent positive" and that he made his point, even if a few people didn't like it.
- Special police unit to focus on street gangs in Fargo area Updated: Apr-09-15 8:02 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A special police unit is planned to target gang members who have expanded their activity from the North Dakota oil patch to Fargo, law enforcement officials announced Thursday.
- House panel guts funds for North Dakota rail safety program Updated: Apr-09-15 2:40 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota House budget writers have stripped funding for a state-run rail safety program intended to supplement federal oversight of burgeoning oil train traffic after a string of accidents involving trains carrying crude.