- Crews in Michigan's Upper Peninsula battle 100-acre wildfire Updated: Jul-31-15 12:54 pm
HUMBOLDT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Crews in Michigan's Upper Peninsula have made progress in battling a roughly 100-acre wildfire that has been fueled by warm weather and strong winds, officials said Friday.
- Historical marker commemorates 1st steam railroad in UP Updated: Jul-30-15 6:47 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - A historical marker has been placed in Marquette to commemorate the location of the first steam railroad in the Upper Peninsula.
- Police: 46-year-old woman dies after northern Michigan fire Updated: Jul-27-15 2:04 pm
MICHIGAMME, Michigan - Michigan State Police say a 46-year-old woman who recently moved from Wisconsin has died in the central Upper Peninsula.
- $40,000 to improve winter deer habitat in Upper Peninsula Updated: Jul-26-15 1:12 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - A $40,000 gift from the Safari Club International Foundation will help improve the winter habitat for deer in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- DNR offers warning about bears on move in Michigan Updated: Jul-24-15 12:30 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is offering a warning about bears in the state.
- Judge upholds law enabling commission to allow wolf hunting Updated: Jul-15-15 3:35 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan Court of Claims has upheld a law empowering an appointed panel to allow hunting of wolves.
- Rock-climbing site in Michigan's Upper Peninsula reopens Updated: Jul-07-15 4:13 am
BIG BAY, Michigan - The historic AAA Walls have been reopened for recreational rock climbing.
- Bills to allow beer on pedal-powered trolleys go to Snyder Updated: Jul-04-15 1:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation that would allow passengers to drink beer or wine aboard pedal-powered trolleys isn't getting unanimous support from people who shuttle people around town.
- Michigan releases draft wastewater permit for Humboldt Mill Updated: Jul-02-15 10:10 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - State regulators have released a draft of a modified wastewater discharge permit for Eagle Mine's Humboldt Mill in the Upper Peninsula.