- Fairbanks borough to consider mail-in municipal ballots Updated: May-03-15 6:59 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Looking to boost voter turnout, the Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly will consider an ordinance creating a system to vote by mail in borough elections.
- Kenai Peninsula goat-sharing program grows in Alaska Updated: May-03-15 4:52 pm
KENAI, Alaska - At feeding time Monday morning on Karluk Acres, a gang of Nigerian Dwarf and Nubian goats darted over gravel to claim scattered corn and grains.
- Troopers arrest 2 after finding stolen items in Kenai home Updated: Apr-26-15 4:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two Kenai men have been arrested after a home search that turned up stolen items.
- Soldotna will invest more than $20 million Updated: Apr-24-15 12:34 pm
SOLDOTNA, Alaska - The city of Soldotna wants to invest more than $20 million.
- Kenai emergency responders practice large-scale preparedness Updated: Apr-22-15 1:13 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Emergency responders are wrapping up three days of training on the Kenai Peninsula intended to improve communication and cooperation among agencies.
- Soldotna sweeps skating competition Updated: Apr-19-15 2:05 pm
SOLDOTNA, Alaska - Team Soldotna ranked first in the three-day Riverskate competition held last weekend.
- Elite runner Ostrander announces she'll attend Boise State Updated: Apr-16-15 7:04 am
KENAI, Alaska - An elite Alaska high school runner has made her choice for higher education.
- Soldotna library collecting food for fines Updated: Apr-15-15 4:25 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Attention scofflaws: This would be a good time to turn in overdue books and other items to the Soldotna public library, which is collecting food donations for fines this week.
- Federal agency objects to Kenai River road access proposal Updated: Apr-14-15 7:04 am
KENAI, Alaska - Federal wildlife authorities are criticizing a city of Kenai proposal for a road aimed at upgrading access to the southern mouth of the Kenai River.
- Panel talks to fish board nominees, asks about salmon plan Updated: Apr-13-15 8:13 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A Senate committee held a hearing Monday on the governor's nominees for the state Board of Fisheries, but the panel held off on taking action.
- Homer Harbormaster's Office will soon open for business Updated: Apr-12-15 2:41 pm
HOMER, Alaska - For the employees of the Homer Harbor, the job comes with one of the best perks around: a glorious view of the harbor, Kachemak Bay and the glaciers and peaks of the Kenai Mountains.
- Soldotna takes step toward improved sports complex Updated: Apr-10-15 12:20 pm
KENAI, Alaska - The Soldotna City Council has approved funding to go toward an improved sports complex in the community.
- Peninsula school board votes to retain criticized textbook Updated: Apr-08-15 1:23 pm
KENAI, Alaska - The Kenai Peninsula school board has voted to retain a textbook criticized as historically biased.