- Virginia suspect being pursued by police dies in accident Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police in Newport News say a man who led police on a chase on Interstate 64 has died in a crash.
- 12 watermen face criminal charges for oyster violations Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Virginia Marine Police say 12 commercial watermen have been charged with violating the state's oyster laws in the Rappahannock River.
- Newport News resident to help refugees in Greece Updated: Nov-26-15 12:57 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - On Thanksgiving, Lisa Campbell was expected to arrive to the Grecian island of Lesbos, but a vacation will be far from her mind.
- Virginia health officials say flu season off to slow start Updated: Nov-25-15 2:41 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Virginia health officials say the flu season is off to a slow start, with no confirmed cases in the state so far.
- Recycling program aims to repurpose Virginia oyster shells Updated: Nov-23-15 7:59 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Taking a page from the recycling industry, collection sites in Newport News, Hampton and Williamsburg are taking in empty oyster shells to help rebuild oyster habitat in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Supreme Court won't hear imprisoned Va. delegate's appeal Updated: Nov-12-15 12:27 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to review the case of a former Virginia delegate who has been convicted on federal corruption charges.
- Police investigate death of inmate found hanging in cell Updated: Nov-12-15 10:40 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police are investigating the death of an inmate found hanging in his cell at the Newport News City Jail.
- Virginia oyster harvest up 24 percent in 2014 Updated: Nov-10-15 1:36 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - While still a fraction of historic highs, Virginia's oyster harvest last year was the best since the mid-1980s.
- Newport News delegation in China to attract companies Updated: Nov-09-15 7:39 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A Newport News delegation is in China seeking to attract companies to the city.
- Police: Suspect robs, strikes 2 men, throws puppy out of car Updated: Nov-04-15 4:31 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Authorities say two men were injured and a puppy was thrown out of a car after a man entered the victims' vehicle in Newport News.
- The Latest: GOP's Richard Black holds on to senate seat Updated: Nov-03-15 9:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on Election Day in Virginia as Democrats try to gain control of the Senate and Republicans battle to retain their slim edge while retaining their majority in the House of Delegates. (All times local)
- Utility blames salt for power outages in Virginia Updated: Oct-29-15 3:18 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power is blaming wind-blown salt for thousands of power outages along coastal areas.