- Police: Suspect killed by Va. police had stolen shotgun Updated: Jul-06-15 5:20 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police in Newport News say the sawed-off shotgun that a 23-year-old man who was fatally shot by police possessed was reported stolen.
- Virginia chief says armed suspect killed during police chase Updated: Jul-04-15 4:52 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police in Newport News, Virginia, say a 23-year-old man was fatally shot by police after he ignored their pleas to put down a sawed-off shotgun.
- Distillery to open in downtown Newport News Updated: Jul-01-15 11:53 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A bourbon distillery is coming to downtown Newport News.
- Officials: Students' gender identity determines restroom use Updated: Jul-01-15 10:45 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The U.S. Justice Department says in a court filing that transgender students must be allowed to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity.
- Beaches to face closer monitoring for bacteria, health risks Updated: Jun-29-15 4:44 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - State health officials are working with scientists to study which environmental factors affect bacterial growth that can pose health risks for swimmers along state beaches.
- Employees, families to have access to new health center Updated: Jun-27-15 9:40 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Huntington Ingalls has broken ground on the HII Family Health Center for some Newport News Shipbuilding employees and their families, on Washington Avenue between 45th and 46th streets, just outside the shipyard's gates.
- Va. commission revokes licenses of 5 watermen for violations Updated: Jun-24-15 10:41 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Virginia Marine Resources Commission has revoked the licenses of five watermen for fisheries violations.
- Newport News Shipbuilding to break ground for new facility Updated: Jun-22-15 2:09 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Newport News Shipbuilding is preparing to break ground for a new production facility.
- Va. police force uses simulator to complement field training Updated: Jun-20-15 12:17 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - It looks like a real gun, feels like a real gun and sounds like a real gun as it fires at a man who's charging forward and wielding a knife. But the man is only a projection on a screen, and there are no bullets flying from the firearm - the man and the gun are both part of a simulation used to train Newport News' future police officers.
- Portsmouth homicide suspect arrested by US Marshals Updated: Jun-12-15 6:43 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - U.S. Marshals have arrested a man who police say is responsible for a deadly shooting earlier this month.
- Colonial Williamsburg cuts funds for symphony, arts festival Updated: Jun-07-15 9:34 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - When Colonial Williamsburg cut funding for the Virginia Symphony's July Fourth outdoor concert this year, symphony supporters began looking for other ways to raise the more than $50,000 needed.
- Virginia shipbuilder gets $4.3B more for Navy contract Updated: Jun-06-15 3:25 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Newport News Shipbuilding has been awarded a nearly $4.3 billion contract by the Navy to ramp up its work on the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy.
- Police forces across the nation reaching out to Chesapeake Updated: Jun-06-15 9:53 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Look up an article on police body cameras or tune into a recent broadcast about them, and there's a good chance you'll encounter a familiar name: Police Chief Kelvin Wright.