- Iran lures foreign investors with new oil contracts Updated: Nov-28-15 2:26 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran unveiled a new model of oil contracts Saturday aimed at attracting foreign investment once sanctions are lifted under a landmark nuclear deal reached earlier this year, and said U.S. companies would be welcome to participate.
- Iran holds funeral for diplomat killed in Saudi hajj crush Updated: Nov-27-15 8:24 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has held a ceremonious funeral for one of its diplomats, the former ambassador to Lebanon, who was killed in the hajj stampede outside Mecca in September.
- Iran seeks revival of caviar industry in post-sanctions era Updated: Nov-24-15 12:43 pm
GOLDASHT, Iran - On the shores of the Caspian Sea, an ambitious project is underway to produce a pricey delicacy that could boost Iran's economy as sanctions ease: caviar.
- Russia's Putin in Iran for talks focusing on Syria Updated: Nov-23-15 4:36 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Russia's President Vladimir Putin visited Tehran on Monday for talks with Iranian leaders that focused on the Syrian crisis and an international peace plan intended to end the conflict.
- Iran sentences US journalist to prison Updated: Nov-22-15 1:43 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has sentenced detained Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian to an unspecified prison term following his conviction last month on charges that include espionage, Iranian state TV reported Sunday.
- Iran says 44 terror suspects arrested at border, in cities Updated: Nov-10-15 4:31 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's state TV says the country's intelligence agency has arrested 44 suspects charged with terrorist activities.
- Iranian state TV claims missing Lebanese citizen is a spy Updated: Nov-04-15 12:25 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian state television on Tuesday claimed that a Washington-based Lebanese citizen missing in Tehran since September is actually an American spy now in the custody of authorities.
- Analysis: Russian goals in Syria defined by timing Updated: Nov-02-15 3:25 am
WASHINGTON - There's much speculation about Russian motives for intervening in Syria. The root answer lies in the timing.
- Iranian-American reportedly detained in Iran; 4th in custody Updated: Oct-30-15 2:24 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An Iranian-American businessman who advocated better ties between Iran and the U.S. reportedly has been arrested and imprisoned in Tehran, becoming the fourth U.S. citizen known to be held there at a time when hard-liners are pushing back against the country's nuclear deal with world powers.