- Correction: Iran-Nuclear story Updated: Aug-28-15 1:08 pm
VIENNA - In a story Aug. 19 about an arrangement over alleged past nuclear weapons work between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency, The Associated Press reported erroneously referred to Parchin as a "nuclear site." In fact, it is a military site where some believe nuclear weapons work may have occurred.
- Britain says Iran too powerful to leave in isolation Updated: Aug-24-15 11:37 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Britain's foreign minister said Monday that Iran is a major regional player that can be an ally in fighting terrorism - but that London must "tread carefully" in its relationship with Tehran.
- Iran official says British Embassy in Tehran reopens Sunday Updated: Aug-22-15 12:40 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's deputy foreign minister says Britain will reopen its embassy in Tehran on Sunday after it being closed for nearly four years.
- Report: Iran prosecutor acquitted in 2009 protester killings Updated: Aug-19-15 12:43 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - A former prosecutor in Tehran has been acquitted of murder charges over the 2009 killing of three detained protesters at a prison he oversaw, Iranian state television reported Wednesday.
- Schumer: If US quits deal, US sanctions still will hurt Iran Updated: Aug-11-15 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The lone Democratic senator to publicly oppose President Barack Obama's nuclear agreement with Iran said Tuesday that even if the U.S. backs away and other countries lift their sanctions, Iran still will feel meaningful pressure from the U.S. penalties.
- Iran carpet industry seeks revival with lifting of sanctions Updated: Aug-11-15 7:53 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's famed carpet weavers are busy at work following the country's historic nuclear deal with world powers, anticipating a boost in exports as sanctions are set to be lifted in the months ahead.
- Iran nuclear deal opens diplomatic channels for Syria Updated: Aug-07-15 4:58 pm
BEIRUT - The nuclear deal with Iran was widely expected to affect other Middle East issues, and that may already be happening with Syria: A series of recent diplomatic maneuvers suggest a growing willingness to at least engage with the Iranian-backed government of Bashar Assad on ways to end the country's civil war.
- US probing if Iranian violated UN sanctions with Russia trip Updated: Aug-07-15 2:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States is trying to determine whether the commander of the elite Quds Force in Iran's Revolutionary Guard recently visited Russia in violation of a United Nations travel ban, U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power said Friday.
- McConnell to Obama: Stop demonizing Iran deal opponents Updated: Aug-06-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is treating his drive to win congressional approval for his nuclear deal with Iran like a political campaign, making attacks on opponents that need to stop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday.
- American culture, from fast food to actors, seeps into Iran Updated: Aug-06-15 2:20 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Shortly after Iran reached a nuclear deal with world powers, a local newspaper in Tehran published an image that many outside the country would take for granted: An American actor hawking an expensive watch.
- Official: Iran to partially allow BBC to report for a week Updated: Aug-04-15 8:13 am
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian government official said Tuesday the Islamic Republic will allow some BBC journalists to report there for a week's time, loosening restrictions on a news organization often vilified in local media amid signs of warming diplomatic ties to Britain.
- Iran's Ahmadinejad seeks political comeback Updated: Aug-03-15 2:59 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has launched a political campaign ahead of February's parliamentary elections in what could prove a challenge to the moderates behind a landmark nuclear agreement reached last month.
- Gulf Arabs welcome Iran nuke deal but seek further assurance Updated: Aug-03-15 11:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - Gulf Arab states on Monday welcomed the nuclear deal negotiated between Iran and world powers but said they would like further assurances that the U.S. would help them counter increasing Iranian assertiveness in the region.
- Iran says will ban US experts from UN nuclear inspections Updated: Jul-30-15 1:10 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran will not allow American or Canadian inspectors working for the U.N. nuclear watchdog to visit its nuclear facilities, an official said in remarks broadcast by state TV on Thursday.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.