- Usami leads Gamba Osaka to 3-1 win over FC Seoul Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Takashi Usami scored twice in the second half Wednesday as Gamba Osaka beat FC Seoul 3-1 to take a two-goal advantage into next week's return leg in the round of 16 of the Asian Champions League.
- Iranian leader rejects probe of alleged nuke weapons work Updated: May-20-15 3:59 pm
VIENNA - The U.S. may have to soften demands that any nuclear deal with Iran give U.N. experts a free hand to investigate possible past nuclear arms works by Tehran, after Iran's supreme leader stridently ruled out cooperation Wednesday.
- Report: Afghanistan's Taliban sends delegation to Iran Updated: May-19-15 9:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A delegation from Afghanistan's Taliban has arrived in Iran to discuss the situation of Afghan migrants and issues in the Islamic world, Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported Tuesday.
- Trial of Washington Post reporter in Iran to start next week Updated: May-19-15 7:44 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The trial of a Washington Post reporter detained in Iran for nearly 10 months will begin next week, a defense lawyer representing the Iranian-American journalist said Tuesday.
- Obama vows to keep Arab allies secure amid Iran deal fears Updated: May-15-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Charging toward an Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama is assuring Arab allies that they are safe from the threat of an empowered Tehran as he seeks to shore up some of America's most critical security partnerships. However, Obama's claim of winning Arab support for his nuclear diplomacy appears far from certain.
- Copies of famous artworks replace ads on Tehran billboards Updated: May-14-15 9:10 am
TEHRAN, Iran - In an unusual move by Tehran's mayor, hundreds of copies of famous artworks - both of world masters and Iranian artists - have been plastered on some 1,500 billboards across the city, transforming the Iranian capital into a gigantic, open-air exhibition.
- AP-GfK Poll: Few trust Iran to follow through on agreement Updated: May-12-15 1:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A majority of Americans like the idea of the preliminary deal struck between Iran and six world powers, including the United States, to limit its nuclear program, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. But few Americans believe Iran will live up to its end of the bargain.
- AP-GfK Poll: Many approve Iran deal; Most don't trust Tehran Updated: May-12-15 3:27 am
WASHINGTON - Many Americans like the idea of the preliminary deal that would limit Iran's nuclear program but very few people really believe Tehran will follow through with the agreement.
- German diplomat: Iran deal alternative 'not very attractive' Updated: May-07-15 7:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Alternatives to a deal to curb Iran's nuclear program are "not very attractive," a top German diplomat said Thursday, noting that Germany and other nations are ready to move beyond sanctions despite what the U.S. Congress might do.
- Operator of cargo ship seized by Iran says vessel released Updated: May-07-15 9:10 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A Marshall Islands-flagged cargo ship seized by Iran has been released and the crew members are all in good condition, according to the ship's operator.
- Iran's censors struggle to keep Bieber's abs off Instagram Updated: May-07-15 8:40 am
LONDON - Iran's censors are struggling to keep Justin Bieber's abs off Instagram.
- Iranian opposition leader: Tehran is force behind extremism Updated: Apr-29-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - A top Iranian opposition leader told a House subcommittee Wednesday that Iranians have dubbed their government the "godfather" of the Islamic State militant group.
- Iran scraps cash handouts to its wealthiest to ease burden Updated: Apr-29-15 1:13 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has scrapped the country's wealthiest citizens off a list of people receiving monthly cash handouts in a small step toward easing the burden on the budget and freeing up more government funds, an official said Wednesday.