- Iniesta, Xavi to miss Barca's Copa del Rey opener Updated: Dec-05-13 7:53 am
- Pique: Exit door there for unhappy Barca players Updated: Dec-04-13 10:18 am
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Bale top player, Arsenal 1st in AP football poll Updated: Dec-03-13 11:04 am
- Andres Iniesta skips practice with leg discomfort Updated: Dec-03-13 7:30 am
- Madrid, Barcelona among those fined over TV rights Updated: Dec-02-13 11:44 am
- Messi-less Barcelona under pressure Updated: Dec-02-13 8:54 am
- Barcelona loses again without Messi, 1-0 at Bilbao Updated: Dec-01-13 6:12 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- Messi making good recovery from injury Updated: Nov-28-13 8:41 am
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 9:33 pm
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:11 pm
- Barca's first loss of season brings up questions Updated: Nov-27-13 1:48 pm
- Barcelona-Paris bullet train starts up on Dec. 15 Updated: Nov-27-13 1:44 pm
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- 5 things to know about Group H of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 8:23 am
- Barcelona's Adriano injured, to miss Ajax match Updated: Nov-24-13 7:29 am
- Barcelona's injuries mount with Dani Alves out Updated: Nov-21-13 6:14 am
- Barcelona 'keeper Valdes out 6 weeks Updated: Nov-20-13 1:17 pm
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- Messi receives Golden Boot as Europe's top scorer Updated: Nov-20-13 8:26 am
- Barcelona midfielder Xavi doubtful for next match Updated: Nov-19-13 6:50 am
- Messi's injury problems may be his own fault Updated: Nov-18-13 9:26 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Midfielders Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez have added their names to Barcelona's list of key injured players, ruling them out of Friday's Copa del Rey opener at third-tier Cartagena.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona defender Gerard Pique suggests unhappy players should look to leave the club as it battles through its first slump of the season.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has missed practice because of an injury worry to his left leg.
MADRID - The Spanish competition commission has fined Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Racing Santander and a major broadcaster 15 million euros ($20 million) for a "serious" violation of television rights sales.
MADRID - Even with Neymar available, Barcelona is feeling the absence of Lionel Messi.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona lost its second straight game without injured star Lionel Messi when Athletic Bilbao handed the defending Spanish league champions a 1-0 loss Sunday at San Mames.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says Lionel Messi's recovery from a hamstring injury is progressing positively.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain qualified Wednesday for the round of 16 in the Champions League. Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stage.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid qualified for the Champions League's last 16 alongside Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, while Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stages.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's first defeat of the season has raised doubts about the team's hunger for victory, with the lackluster performance against Ajax prompting criticism by players and coach Gerardo Martino.
MADRID - The leaders of Spain and France have announced that a new high-speed rail link between their countries will be inaugurated on Dec. 15.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
MADRID - Barcelona is through, and Ajax needs a win in Group H of the Champions League.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's already injury-hit squad has received another blow with full back Adriano ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League game at Ajax.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's injury worries mounted Thursday as the Spanish leader said right back Dani Alves will be sidelined for seven to 10 days.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes will be sidelined for six weeks because of a leg injury.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was presented with a record third Golden Boot on Wednesday for scoring the most goals in Europe's domestic leagues last season.
MADRID - Lionel Messi seems to keep getting injured these days, and he could be the one to blame for his own troubles.