- Ledecky shocked after improving 1,500 world record in heats Updated: Aug-03-15 7:32 am
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky touched the wall, turned around, spit out some water, curled her mouth into a big smile and began waving her finger.
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality Updated: Aug-03-15 7:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - For a club of Manchester United's standing, two years out of the Premier League title conversation is two too many.
- Spanish police: shooting in Barcelona, 1 wounded Updated: Jul-28-15 11:16 am
MADRID - A gunman opened fire in a street in downtown Barcelona Tuesday, wounding one person, Spanish police said.
- Spanish firefighters bring major forest blaze under control Updated: Jul-28-15 5:49 am
MADRID - Authorities in northeastern Spain say they have brought under control a major blaze that was Catalonia's biggest wildfire in three years.
- Man United tops Barcelona 3-1 in International Champions Cup Updated: Jul-25-15 7:32 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Wayne Rooney raised both arms in delight after his early goal and Manchester United had many more moments to celebrate in an impressive victory over Champions League winner Barcelona.
- New Barcelona mayor criticized for removing old king's bust Updated: Jul-24-15 1:45 pm
MADRID - Barcelona's new leftist mayor was sharply criticized Friday for removing a bronze bust of former King Juan Carlos from the town hall's main chamber.
- Gombau leaves A-League, replaced by Guillermo Amor Updated: Jul-24-15 3:20 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Josep Gombau has been released from his Adelaide United coaching contract a year early on compassionate grounds and replaced by former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Guillermo Amor.
- Barcelona fined for fan banners at Champions League final Updated: Jul-23-15 11:14 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has fined Barcelona for fans displaying pro-Catalonia political banners at the Champions League final.
- Bayern coach Pep Guardiola backs Catalan independence push Updated: Jul-22-15 11:08 am
MADRID - Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has thrown his support behind a push for Catalonia's independence from Spain by taking a symbolic place on a list of pro-secession candidates.
- Barcelona beats LA Galaxy 2-1 before record Rose Bowl crowd Updated: Jul-22-15 2:29 am
PASADENA, California - The record Rose Bowl crowd of 93,226 largely wore scarlet and blue, chanting and cheering on mighty Barcelona's solid season-opening performance against the LA Galaxy.
- Germanwings crash families accuse airline of ignoring them Updated: Jul-21-15 9:52 am
BERLIN - A group of parents whose children were killed in the Germanwings plane crash in March on Tuesday released a scathing letter to Lufthansa's CEO, accusing him of ignoring their needs and feelings and insulting them with his company's compensation offer.
- Platini wants to stop top teams signing all the best players Updated: Jul-19-15 6:29 am
ZURICH - UEFA President Michel Platini wants to stop top teams stockpiling the best players to ensure football remains competitive.
- Bartomeu elected for 2nd term as Barcelona president Updated: Jul-18-15 6:03 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Josep Bartomeu was re-elected president of Spanish football club Barcelona on Saturday, capitalizing on the team's success last season to defeat three challengers despite being a suspect in a fraud case and a FIFA ban on signing new players.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba sets world record in women's 1,500 Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
MONACO - Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba powered down the home straight to set a world record in the women's 1,500 meters at a Diamond League meeting in Monaco on Friday.
- Spain government honours football greats Casillas, Xavi Updated: Jul-17-15 9:50 am
MADRID - The Spanish government has honored Iker Casillas and Xavi Hernandez for their long and successful careers at Real Madrid and Barcelona that ended this summer.
- Barcelona posts over 600 million euros in revenue Updated: Jul-16-15 9:21 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says it made over 600 million euros ($650 million) in revenue last season, when it won a rare treble of titles including the Champions League.
- Barcelona, Juventus players head UEFA Best Player shortlist Updated: Jul-15-15 11:44 am
NYON, Switzerland - Champions League finalists Barcelona and Juventus provide eight of the 10 players shortlisted for UEFA's Best Player in Europe Award for last season.
- Stoke signs Moha El Ouriachi from Barcelona Updated: Jul-15-15 6:29 am
STOKE, England - Stoke says it has completed the signing of Barcelona winger Moha El Ouriachi.
- Spanish league announces schedule for upcoming season Updated: Jul-14-15 11:49 am
MADRID - Barcelona and Real Madrid will meet in November and April in the Spanish league next season.
- Danes: Barcelona won't open youth academy in Denmark Updated: Jul-09-15 8:38 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's football association says Barcelona won't start a permanent youth academy in Denmark as initially planned.
- Bartomeu, Laporta lead 4 candidacies for Barca elections Updated: Jul-08-15 9:03 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says its elections for its next club president will be disputed between four candidates.
- Barcelona signs Arda Turan from Atletico Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona has secured attacking midfielder Arda Turan from fellow Spanish club Atletico Madrid.