- Filipe Luis' suspension for foul on Messi reduced to 1 game Updated: Feb-04-16 3:37 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid says Filipe Luis' suspension for a dangerous foul on Lionel Messi has been reduced from three games to one.
- Brazilian company tells Neymar to come clean over transfer Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 am
MADRID - The Brazilian company that says it hasn't been properly compensated for Neymar's transfer to Barcelona wants him to come clean and put an end to his judicial problems in Spain and Brazil.
- Kevin Magnussen replaces Pastor Maldonado in Renault F1 team Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
GUYANCOURT, France - Former McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen is Renault's new driver this year in the French carmaker's return to Formula One as a racing team.
- Next big thing from Brazil: Santos striker 'Gabigol' Updated: Feb-03-16 12:15 pm
SAO PAULO - Although Santos striker Gabriel Barbosa doesn't like the comparison, Brazilians see him as the next Neymar.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-02-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona lead AP Global Football Poll Updated: Feb-02-16 1:55 pm
LONDON, England - Cristiano Ronaldo led the way at the summit of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday, after scoring a hat trick in Real Madrid's resounding 6-0 win against Espanyol.
- Bayern's Javi Martinez has knee surgery, out for 4 weeks Updated: Feb-02-16 7:55 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says defender Javi Martinez will be sidelined for about four weeks following surgery to remove damaged cartilage in his left knee.
- 5-year-old Afghan boy could get to meet Lionel Messi Updated: Feb-02-16 5:26 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - A 5-year-old Afghan boy who made a splash on the Internet by wearing a homemade Lionel Messi jersey might get the chance to meet the Barcelona great.
- Transfer deadline day: Mid-ranking Everton, Stoke spend $45M Updated: Feb-01-16 6:57 pm
LONDON - The heaviest spending as European football's transfer window closed on Monday was not by traditional powers but mid-ranking English clubs Stoke and Everton collectively paying around $45 million on two players.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- A lot going wrong for Gary Neville, but not all his fault Updated: Feb-01-16 5:44 pm
MADRID - Gary Neville knew that coaching at a high level wasn't going to be easy. He certainly didn't expect to be struggling so badly so early.
- Spain court probes passports of 2 US basketball players Updated: Feb-01-16 1:38 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - A Spanish court is investigating the alleged use of false passports by two American basketball players.
- Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini Updated: Feb-01-16 1:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola and Manchester City have long been considered a likely match: Soccer's most admired coach and a club with massive spending power seeking to become the dominant force in Europe.
- Spain activists, whistleblower creating digital pay system Updated: Jan-28-16 12:28 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - A prominent French whistleblower and Spanish anti-corruption activists who trigged an investigation of a former International Monetary Fund chief announced Thursday they are designing a digital payment system aimed at excluding middlemen companies that make money from online purchases.
- Spain recommends fines for Sevilla and Cadiz over fans Updated: Jan-28-16 12:27 pm
MADRID - Spanish authorities are recommending Sevilla and third division club Cadiz should each be fined 120,000 euros ($130,000) for "supporting and promoting" activities of violent fan groups.
- Neymar returns for Barcelona after missing 1 match Updated: Jan-27-16 5:38 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar has returned to Barcelona's squad for Wednesday's Copa del Rey quarterfinal against Athletic Bilbao.
- Andrew Selsky named AP's Salem, Oregon, correspondent Updated: Jan-26-16 1:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Andrew Selsky, a veteran foreign correspondent for The Associated Press who has reported in Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, has been named AP's Salem correspondent. He will cover Oregon state government and politics and write about issues throughout the West.
- Before Liga clash, Barca & Atletico aims to advance in Copa Updated: Jan-26-16 7:48 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will both look to seal their spots in the Copa del Rey's semifinals on Wednesday ahead of their highly-anticipated Spanish league clash.
- Malaga defender Welington out with leg injury Updated: Jan-25-16 2:05 pm
MADRID - Malaga has confirmed its Brazilian defender Weligton sustained a muscle injury to his left leg during the club's 2-1 home loss to Barcelona at the weekend.
- Man United sends goalkeeper Valdes to Liege Updated: Jan-24-16 7:37 am
MANCHESTER, England - Victor Valdes' short-lived Manchester United career seems over.
- Messi scores on return, Vardy breaks drought for Leicester Updated: Jan-23-16 6:41 pm
Lionel Messi returned from a brief injury break to help Barcelona take the overnight lead in Spain, while Jamie Vardy found his scoring touch to boost Leicester's English Premier League title chase on Saturday.
- In UEFA power vacuum, clubs discuss Champions League revamp Updated: Jan-23-16 11:43 am
LONDON - European football's power vacuum is being seen as an opportunity by clubs to have a big say in overhauling its richest competition.
- New Espanyol owner wants team in Champions League in 3 years Updated: Jan-22-16 8:22 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Espanyol's new Chinese owner says he wants the Barcelona-based club to compete in the Champions League "within three years."
- Mascherano expected to avoid jail time in tax case Updated: Jan-21-16 2:13 pm
MADRID - Although he is not expected to serve any time in jail, Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano was handed a one-year prison sentence Thursday for not properly paying taxes in Spain.
- Atletico aims to stay atop in Spain with another home win Updated: Jan-21-16 11:19 am
MADRID - Victory for Atletico Madrid this weekend will keep Diego Simeone's team atop the Spanish league going into a much-anticipated encounter with second-place Barcelona.