- Executive: TV rights law to improve competitiveness in Spain Updated: May-04-15 7:24 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - A Spanish football marketing executive says a new collective bargaining arrangement for TV rights will boost finances of poorer clubs and give them a better shot against giants Barcelona and Real Madrid in buying players.
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal Updated: May-03-15 7:15 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Pep Guardiola, the former player who coached Barcelona to 14 titles including two European Cups, makes his highly anticipated return to Camp Nou on Wednesday at the helm of new club Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinals.
- Juventus wins Serie A title, Ronaldo and Suarez star Updated: May-02-15 6:11 pm
Juventus wrapped up its fourth consecutive Serie A title Saturday, giving the Italian powerhouse the domestic crown it has dominated all season in time for its Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid.
- Guardiola: Late decision on Lewandowski playing in Barcelona Updated: May-01-15 9:38 am
- UEFA reminds on youth academies after Barcelona plan blocked Updated: May-01-15 7:32 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has reminded clubs and football associations of rules controlling overseas youth academies after the Danish soccer federation rejected a request from Barcelona.
- Ronaldo will get another chance to score at Sevilla Updated: Apr-30-15 7:21 am
MADRID - A seemingly frustrated Cristiano Ronaldo will get another chance to score some goals on Saturday at Sevilla.
- Champion Bayern plays at Leverkusen in the Bundesliga Updated: Apr-30-15 6:45 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - With the Bundesliga title decided, the focus is on slots for the Champions League and the struggle against relegation.
- Chelsea beats Leicester 3-1, a win away from league title Updated: Apr-29-15 8:05 pm
Chelsea rallied to beat Leicester 3-1 on Wednesday to move within three points of winning the Premier League.
- Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea to play exhibitions in US Updated: Apr-28-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Barcelona will play Manchester United in an exhibition game at Santa Clara, California, on July 25 and will meet Chelsea three days later at Landover, Maryland.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:47 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10:
- Javier Hernandez, Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:45 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after securing a place in the semifinals of the Champions League and winning the German Bundesliga for the 25th time.
- Memorial held for French Alps crash victims in Barcelona Updated: Apr-27-15 1:04 pm
- Nishikori beats Klizan to return to Barcelona Open final Updated: Apr-25-15 9:09 am
- Barcelona to meet Bayern, Juventus gets Madrid in semifinals Updated: Apr-24-15 8:12 am
NYON, Switzerland - In a pairing of coach Pep Guardiola's past and present teams, Barcelona will play Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinals.
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Apr-24-15 7:29 am
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Friday for the semifinals of the Champions League:
- Juventus has a couple of canine options for Suarez if needed Updated: Apr-23-15 8:54 am
MILAN - Juventus has a couple of canine solutions to keep Luis Suarez and his biting at bay if it draws Barcelona in the Champions League semifinals.
- Neymar nets 2 as Barca beats PSG 2-0 to reach CL semifinals Updated: Apr-21-15 4:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar scored two goals as Barcelona beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 on Tuesday to seal its return to the Champions League semifinals, joining Europe's elite four teams for the seventh time in eight seasons.
- Catalan schools hold ceremony after teacher killed by boy Updated: Apr-21-15 6:17 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Schools across the northeastern region of Catalonia have held five minutes of silence in memory of a teacher killed in a school attack by a 13-year-old boy armed with a crossbow and a machete.
- Nadal aims to progress as far as possible in Barcelona Open Updated: Apr-20-15 11:29 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal is fully focused on progressing as far as possible in this week's Barcelona Open, which he refers to as his home tournament.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Correction: Europe-Tourism Boost story Updated: Apr-16-15 6:41 pm
LISBON, Portugal - In a story April 15 about effect of the weakening euro on tourism in Europe, The Associated Press reported erroneously that 10 million Americans visited Paris last year, and that officials hoped the figure would rise 10 percent to 11 million this year. The correct figure was 2 million U.S. visitors last year, not 10 million, and officials hope that figure will rise 10 percent to 2.2 million, not 11 million.
- Barcelona beats PSG 3-1 in CL quarterfinal Updated: Apr-15-15 6:36 pm
- 4 ways a surging dollar rattles world economies, markets Updated: Apr-15-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. dollar hasn't been on a roll like this since Ronald Reagan sat in the White House and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ruled the box office.
- Barca, Chelsea, United playing in summer tournament in US Updated: Apr-15-15 12:02 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United are among the 10 teams that will take part in the International Champions Cup in the United States this summer.
- European vacation as much as 25 percent cheaper due to euro Updated: Apr-15-15 10:05 am
LISBON, Portugal - Vacations in Europe have a new attraction: the euro's steep drop in value is making the continent much cheaper for tourists from across the world, especially the United States and China.