- Opiates seen behind boom in need for children's services Updated: Aug-24-15 2:14 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's defender general says juvenile court dockets are "out of control," choked with cases filed by the state to take children away from their opiate-addicted parents. Vermont's chief administrative judge says "if this is the new norm, we're in trouble."
- Vermont's labor market seen shrinking Updated: Aug-23-15 8:10 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's economy has been recovering slowing since the end of the Great Recession. But a Montpelier-based think tank says its labor force has shrunk.
- Vermont to hold 2 hearings on proposed ATV trail rule Updated: Aug-21-15 3:34 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont will hold two public hearings next month on a proposed rule that would allow the state Agency of Natural Resources to designate connector trails for all-terrain-vehicle use on agency owned public lands.
- Vermont dentist office manager charged with embezzlement Updated: Aug-16-15 8:55 am
MONTPELLIER, Vermont - Vermont police have charged the former manager of a Montpelier dentist's office with embezzlement.
- Defense: Lawmaker's trial unlikely to disrupt legislature Updated: Aug-12-15 6:08 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A lawyer for Sen. Norm McAllister said Wednesday it's doubtful the lawmaker's trial on sex-related charges would interfere with the 2016 legislative session.
- New Vermont board to make clean water spending decisions Updated: Aug-08-15 9:55 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A new state board set up to implement Vermont's new clean water law has set its first meeting for Sept. 8.
- Hunting regulations relax rules on crossbow in Vermont Updated: Aug-03-15 2:25 pm
EAST MONTPELIER, Vermont - More hunters in Vermont have access to crossbows under new state regulations.
- Vermont to hold hearing for endangered species update ideas Updated: Aug-02-15 10:56 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Officials from the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources are going to be holding a hearing on proposals to update the state's threatened and endangered species law.