- Cruz makes just 2nd border visit as US senator Updated: Apr-17-14 6:01 pm
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:44 pm
- Zetas boss pleads guilty to 2 charges Updated: Apr-07-14 8:25 pm
- California Chrome easily wins Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-05-14 9:06 pm
- Davis speaks to Texas Associated Press editors Updated: Apr-05-14 6:26 pm
- Judge needs more time on GM recalled cars request Updated: Apr-04-14 5:58 pm
- Abbott shifts Texas governor's race to education Updated: Mar-31-14 4:32 pm
- Crews try to contain oil spill in Galveston Bay Updated: Mar-22-14 11:14 pm
- North Texas man gets prison for bank fraud Updated: Mar-20-14 8:05 am
HARLINGEN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday made just his second visit to the U.S.-Mexico border since taking office, saying Texans in the area care mostly about the same issues as residents of any other part of the state.
McALLEN, Texas - The former leader of a Mexican drug cartel's breakaway faction pleaded guilty Monday in Texas to federal drug and money laundering charges in a deal prosecutors hope could help with other ongoing investigations.
ARCADIA, California - Art Sherman knows what it takes to get a horse to the Kentucky Derby and win. He had a close-up view as an 18-year-old workout rider when Swaps won the 1955 Run for the Roses. Nearly 60 years later, Sherman is taking his own colt to Louisville as the early Derby favorite.
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis told a gathering of Texas journalists Saturday that the state's public education system needs to change and that her Republican opponent represents the status quo.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A federal judge in Texas said she would consider arguments made Friday and await additional information, before deciding whether to grant an emergency injunction that could force General Motors to tell owners of more than 2 million cars with a defective ignition to not drive them until repaired.
WESLACO, Texas - Republican Greg Abbott has tried to shift the Texas governor's race back to education - but not over classroom spending cuts.
McALLEN, Texas - A barge carrying nearly a million gallons of especially thick, sticky oil collided with a ship in Galveston Bay on Saturday, leaking an unknown amount of the fuel into the popular bird habitat as the peak of the migratory shorebird season was approaching.
SHERMAN, Texas - A North Texas man has been sentenced to more than two years in prison over the unauthorized sale of someone else's property twice within a week.