- Royal Caribbean profit more than doubles on more passengers Updated: Apr-29-16 9:37 am
MIAMI - Royal Caribbean Cruises said Friday that its first-quarter profit more than doubled from the same period a year before as more people cruised on its ships and spent more money while onboard.
- Marlins' Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:20 am
MIAMI - Reigning NL batting champion Dee Gordon of the Miami Marlins says he unknowingly took the performance-enhancing drugs that led to his 80-game suspension, but he'll accept the penalty.
- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- Laremy Tunsil's slide in draft ends when Dolphins pick him Updated: Apr-28-16 11:46 pm
MIAMI - Tackle Laremy Tunsil's surprising and costly slide in the NFL draft ended with the 13th pick Thursday, where he was taken by the Miami Dolphins.
- Nicky Jam, Enrique Iglesias top Billboard Latin Music Awards Updated: Apr-28-16 11:04 pm
MIAMI - Nicky Jam and Enrique Iglesias took home seven awards apiece, including six shared awards for their hit duet "El Perdon," at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami.
- NBA says Wade wasn't fouled in final seconds of Game 5 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade does not read the NBA's reviews of officiating in the last 2 minutes of close games, which might be a wise move in this particular case.
- Cuban exiles drop lawsuit over Carnival cruise to island Updated: Apr-28-16 4:09 pm
MIAMI - Two Cuban exiles have dropped their federal discrimination lawsuit against Carnival Corp. after the cruise line reached an agreement with the communist-run island to permit Cuban-born passengers to make the voyage.
- Smile! Miami-Dade police deploying 1,000 body cameras Updated: Apr-28-16 2:25 pm
MIAMI - The largest police agency in Florida is outfitting 1,000 of its officers with pager-sized body cameras over the next few months in the state's biggest such deployment to date, officials announced Thursday.
- Miami police officer shoots, kills man seen stabbing woman Updated: Apr-28-16 10:50 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a police officer fatally shot a man after he heard a woman screaming for help in Miami.
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 am
MIAMI - Whether scorned woman or confident seductress, Beyonce moved seamlessly between the two on the opening night of her Formation World Tour in Miami, offering no insight into the rumors of marital infidelity fueled by her latest album.
- Hornets stun Heat with 90-88 win, take 3-2 series lead Updated: Apr-27-16 11:26 pm
MIAMI - Courtney Lee was steaming after missing a layup that would have given Charlotte the lead heading into the final minute.
- Former Miami-Dade mayor charged in domestic incident Updated: Apr-27-16 3:57 pm
MIAMI - Former Miami-Dade County police director and mayor Carlos Alvarez is facing a domestic violence-related charge following a fight with his longtime girlfriend.
- Stolen Miami-Dade police car found in lake Updated: Apr-27-16 2:19 am
MIAMI - Officials have found a stolen Miami-Dade police car submerged in a lake.
- 6 Cubans acclimate to US after 11 days at sea Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 pm
MIAMI - Six Cuban migrants were acclimating to their first full day on American soil Tuesday after their boat came ashore on the Miami area's popular South Beach.
- Cuban players paid smugglers $15 million, prosecutors say Updated: Apr-26-16 4:53 pm
MIAMI - Cuban baseball players paid a South Florida-based smuggling ring more than $15 million to leave the communist island in secretive ventures that included phony documents, false identities and surreptitious boat voyages to Mexico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, federal prosecutors say.
- 4 Dolphins defenders absent from 1st practice with new coach Updated: Apr-26-16 4:19 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins are lucky their first game is more than four months away, because they were far from full strength for their first practice under new coach Adam Gase.
- Florida, Miami agree to renew football rivalry in 2019 Updated: Apr-26-16 3:29 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida and Miami will renew their rivalry in Orlando.
- Bigger Business: Miami, Fort Lauderdale chambers may merge Updated: Apr-26-16 6:37 am
MIAMI - The chambers of commerce in Miami and Fort Lauderdale are considering a merger to add more business clout.
- After tragedy, series win at Miami sets up Virginia for run Updated: Apr-25-16 6:06 pm
Defending national champion Virginia came out of the weekend with a series win over Miami that seemed improbable given the tragic start to the Cavaliers' trip to South Florida.
- Dolphins' test assesses draft prospects' reaction to plays Updated: Apr-25-16 4:10 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Dolphins believe they have the answers to help solve their draft deficiencies of recent years.
- Spooked horse rescued after ending up in Miami canal Updated: Apr-25-16 6:41 am
MIAMI - A horse got spooked by a black construction tarp blowing in the wind and ended up in a South Florida canal.
- Bubble burst: Florida man using "hydropod" at sea rescued Updated: Apr-24-16 5:05 pm
MIAMI - A Florida man trying to reach Bermuda again in an inflatable bubble agreed to be voluntarily rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Miami suspends RB Mark Walton after DUI arrest Updated: Apr-23-16 10:49 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami running back Mark Walton was arrested Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license, leading the Hurricanes to suspend him from the team indefinitely.
- Rescued circus tiger from Peru gets new life at sanctuary Updated: Apr-23-16 9:46 am
MIAMI - A circus tiger from Peru is heading to his new home at a rescue facility in Tampa.
- New Hispanic public affairs show debuts in Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - A new Spanish-language public affairs show directed at Hispanics in Florida debuts Sunday.