- Family of Ohio man killed in police shooting has questions Updated: Jul-29-15 2:07 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Relatives of a man killed in a shooting by Ohio deputies responding to a crash are questioning why officers didn't turn on their vehicle's overhead lights and thereby prompt a dash camera to start recording.
- Ohio city to host discussion on skilled immigrants Updated: Jul-29-15 3:19 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A federal Labor Department official will be part of a discussion on highly skilled immigrants and a southwest Ohio city's efforts to attract them.
- Sheriff's employees get diversity training after firings Updated: Jul-28-15 2:41 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - All 450 employees of the Montgomery County Sheriff's office in southwest Ohio were given diversity training after two employees were fired and another three were placed on leave for sending racist text messages.
- 19-year-old takes up harness racing Updated: Jul-27-15 11:05 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Sierra Graham says she is always one of the youngest drivers - if not the youngest - when she takes the reins in harness horse racing.
- Ohio sheriff: Man pointed gun at deputies, was fatally shot Updated: Jul-23-15 5:31 pm
CINCINNATI - A man killed in a shooting by deputies had pointed a gun at the officers as they responded to a vehicle crash in southwest Ohio, a sheriff said Thursday.
- Woman charged in death of step-grandson killed by dog Updated: Jul-23-15 4:24 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A prosecutor says a woman accused in her dog's fatal attack on her step-grandson has been indicted on charges including manslaughter in southwest Ohio.
- Commemorative windshield marks Ohio plant's first product Updated: Jul-23-15 3:04 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The first of what's expected to be a long line for products from a redeveloped plant in southwest Ohio will be shown off Thursday.
- Dayton gets the blues again with annual music festival Updated: Jul-18-15 12:08 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio city will have the blues again this weekend.
- Report: foreclosures at pre-Recession levels in Ohio, nation Updated: Jul-18-15 12:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio foreclosures have fallen to the lowest level since the Great Recession through the first half of the year, according to a new report.
- Ohio senator: Veterans Affairs police need broader authority Updated: Jul-17-15 1:26 pm
CINCINNATI - U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown wants Veterans Affairs police designated as law enforcement officers with authority beyond VA property, citing an Ohio case in which a shooter fled a medical center.
- Dayton Dragons groundskeeper has pet dog for an assistant Updated: Jul-12-15 10:11 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The Dayton Dragons have a star this season who is faster than Billy Hamilton, more acrobatic than Ozzie Smith, and who certainly wears the "Doggie" tag better than the so-nicknamed Cincinnati Reds Hall of Famer Tony Perez ever did.
- Baseball Hall of Famer Ripken celebrates youth program Updated: Jul-12-15 3:53 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. has helped celebrate the four-year extension in Ohio of a mentoring program aimed at juvenile crime prevention.
- Dayton hospital plans $47.5 M suburban campus expansion Updated: Jul-12-15 9:32 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio hospital is planning a two-year, $47.5 million expansion of its suburban campus in a Dayton suburb.
- Teen convicted in Ohio mall shooting that killed accomplice Updated: Jul-10-15 7:24 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A teenager accused of trying to steal Nike sneakers from a mall shopper who fatally shot another teen who was with him faces up to four years in prison after being found guilty of reckless homicide and grand theft in the case.
- Former Dayton basketball player found guilty in burglaries Updated: Jul-08-15 4:54 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio prosecutor says a former University of Dayton basketball player has been found guilty of burglary and trespassing charges involving break-ins on campus.
- Russia vetoes UN resolution calling Srebrenica a genocide Updated: Jul-08-15 2:34 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia vetoed a U.N. resolution Wednesday that would have condemned the 1995 massacre of Muslims at Srebrenica during the Bosnian war as a "crime of genocide," saying that singling out the Bosnian Serbs for a war crime would create greater division in the Balkans.
- Ohio city will follow state law on camera tickets Updated: Jul-07-15 2:42 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio city will start following the new state rules on traffic camera tickets, while continuing its court challenge.
- Rise in heroin use, hepatitis C infections worries officials Updated: Jul-06-15 3:53 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The rise of heroin usage and subsequent surge in hepatitis C infections in central Ohio has state health officials considering new ways to combat the issue, including a needle-exchange program.
- City of Dayton set to begin citywide property survey Updated: Jul-05-15 3:07 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio city is preparing to survey all of its 75,000 parcels of land and any buildings on them so it can prioritize rehabilitation or demolition plans and determine if more funding is needed.
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Workers are nearing completion of a 224,000-square-foot hangar at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio.
- SW Ohio abortion clinic to again seek exception to rules Updated: Jul-03-15 3:08 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Operators of a southwest Ohio abortion clinic say they'll again request an exception to rules requiring a patient-transfer agreement with a hospital in case of emergencies.
- Dayton VA Medical Center in southwest Ohio holds open house Updated: Jul-02-15 3:08 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in southwest Ohio says holding an open house gives the public a chance to learn more about its services, job openings and volunteer opportunities.
- Man gets prison time, $1M fine in military bribery case Updated: Jul-01-15 3:03 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A man extradited from Iraq in a military contract bribery case has been sentenced in Ohio to 2 1/2 years in prison.