- 5 killed when car going wrong way slams into SUV in Ohio Updated: Feb-13-16 2:17 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A suspected drunken driver going the wrong way on an Ohio interstate slammed head-on into an SUV, killing himself and four people inside the other vehicle early Saturday, police said.
- The Latest: Wrong-way driver missed car before hitting SUV Updated: Feb-13-16 1:25 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The Latest on a wrong-way crash in Ohio that killed five (all times local):
- Judge finds Ohio teen guilty in beating death of man, 35 Updated: Feb-13-16 6:31 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio man who was 17 when he and an accomplice were accused of beating a man to death has been found guilty by a judge of lesser charges of voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault.
- Radio ads defends Ohio term limits, though no vote imminent Updated: Feb-11-16 3:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Radio spots are airing across Ohio that warn against an impending vote by state lawmakers that would extend term limits - only no such vote is imminent.
- Police: baby girl found with dead mother in Ohio unharmed Updated: Feb-10-16 6:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Police say a 6-month-old girl was found unharmed in a car with her slain mother in southwest Ohio.
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne Updated: Feb-09-16 9:18 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Scoochie Smith hit a 3-pointer that put No. 19 Dayton ahead to stay as the Flyers overcame a late 12-point deficit and beat Duquesne 76-74 on Tuesday night.
- Police: 15-year-old girl shot in house in southwestern Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 3:38 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Police say a 15-year-old girl was in critical condition after being shot in the head while she and four other children were alone in a home in southwestern Ohio.
- Special showing planned at Air Force Museum in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 11:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The U.S. Air Force museum in southwest Ohio will host a special showing of a documentary about the famed Tuskegee (tuhs-KEE'-gee) Airmen.
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in southwest Ohio shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 10:57 am
TROTWOOD, Ohio - Authorities have identified two men killed in a double shooting at a southwestern Ohio house.
- 4 Ohio universities share $7.1M in research-related grants Updated: Feb-08-16 3:30 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Four Ohio universities are sharing $7.1 million in the first round of grant funding that's part of an initiative to bolster the state's research opportunities.
- Dayton police urge precautions amid uptick in car thefts Updated: Feb-07-16 5:50 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Police in a southwest Ohio city are warning residents of an increase in vehicle thefts.
- Southwest Ohio man gets 15 years to life in roommate's death Updated: Feb-05-16 3:31 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio man has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison after being convicted of killing a roommate with a sword.
- VA medical center in Ohio honors 4 WWII chaplains Updated: Feb-03-16 7:33 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A public memorial service in southwest Ohio is honoring four U.S. Army chaplains who died while helping other soldiers in World War II.
- Police: 2 men found fatally shot in car in southwest Ohio Updated: Feb-02-16 7:27 am
TROTWOOD, Ohio - Police are investigating the fatal shootings of two men found dead in a car parked in a driveway with the engine running.
- Ohio military base holding emergency response exercises Updated: Feb-02-16 3:05 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Tighter security measures are expected at a southwest Ohio military base as it conducts training exercises to test base responses to emergency situations.
- Pollard leads Dayton to 73-37 win over Saint Louis Updated: Jan-27-16 10:02 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Kendall Pollard scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Dayton notched its fifth-straight win, rolling to 73-37 win over Saint Louis on Wednesday night.
- Officials: Pilot killed in plane crash in southwestern Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 4:15 am
XENIA, Ohio - Federal authorities say the pilot of a small plane died in a crash in southwestern Ohio.
- $130M renovation project a Dayton airport to begin this year Updated: Jan-25-16 7:13 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A $130 million renovation project at Dayton International Airport in southwestern Ohio will begin this year.
- Ex-diplomat not expecting role in talks on detained student Updated: Jan-23-16 7:15 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - A retired U.S. ambassador who used his connections to help negotiate the release of an American held by North Korea in 2014 said he doesn't expect to be involved in any talks with the country over a detained American student.
- The Latest: Ohio man disheartened North Korea holds student Updated: Jan-22-16 8:16 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the detention of an American student in North Korea (all times local):
- Death of Ohio State student in lake jump is ruled accidental Updated: Jan-19-16 5:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coroner says an Ohio State University student died from accidental trauma caused by diving into shallow water during a traditional cold-weather lake jump two months ago.
- Pair of youths arrested after carjacking near bowling alley Updated: Jan-19-16 4:25 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Police say two youths are in custody after a carjacking outside a southwestern Ohio bowling alley.
- Chinese students heading to compete at University of Dayton Updated: Jan-17-16 11:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Two students from China have won an opportunity to compete for cash prizes in the final round of the University of Dayton's 10th annual business plan competition.
- Bank branch ex-manager faces sentencing for embezzling Updated: Jan-16-16 10:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A former suburban bank branch manager in southwest Ohio will be sentenced in March for embezzling more than $5 million prosecutors say she used for gambling, sporty cars and motorcycles.
- Ohio man who won $1 million in Powerball claims prize Updated: Jan-16-16 6:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The first of Ohio's three $1 million winners from this week's Powerball drawing has stepped forward to claim his prize.