- Basketball player sues Ohio college over suspension Updated: Oct-08-15 11:36 am
CINCINNATI - A star University of Dayton basketball player has sued the Ohio school in federal court over his suspension after a sexual assault accusation.
- Ohio man sentenced for raping child, recruiting hit man Updated: Oct-06-15 1:46 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio man has been sentenced to spend 31 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to raping a child and then trying to hire a hit man to kill the victim and the victim's father.
- Ohioan found guilty of corpse abuse, tampering with evidence Updated: Oct-05-15 12:28 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio woman convicted of charges involving a dead woman's stolen debit card has been found guilty on other charges in the case.
- 2 authors win Ohio city's literary peace prizes Updated: Oct-05-15 9:35 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Books on unfairness in the U.S. criminal justice system and about twin Russian brothers divided over ideology have won awards in an Ohio city's annual honors celebrating the power of literature to foster peace, social justice and global understanding.
- Crisis-hit Apollo 13 astronaut honored in Ohio Updated: Oct-03-15 2:41 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The commander of the crisis-struck Apollo 13 has been awarded the first Neil Armstrong Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Prosecutor says Ohio ex-nurse convicted of failure to report Updated: Oct-03-15 6:30 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A former nurse has pleaded guilty of failure to report child abuse or neglect in the 2011 southwest Ohio case of an emaciated teen who died.
- Western Ohio man sentenced for shooting 12-year-old in face Updated: Oct-03-15 6:11 am
HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio - A 23-year-old western Ohio man has been sentenced to nearly 26 years in prison in a 2013 home break-in that ended with a 12-year-old girl being shot in the face.
- Kacsor scores 3 TDs and Dayton beats Kennesaw State 31-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:18 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Connor Kacsor rushed 44 times for 229 yards and three 2-yard touchdowns and Dayton edged Kennesaw State 31-27 on Saturday night.
- Ohio college to host first 2016 presidential debate Updated: Sep-23-15 3:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The 2016 general election presidential debates will take off at Ohio's Wright State University.
- President of Ohio Catholic school to attend papal events Updated: Sep-23-15 3:46 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials of two Catholic universities in southwest Ohio plan to attend Washington events for Pope Francis' visit to the nation's capital.
- Kacsor leads Dayton over Duquesne 24-13 Updated: Sep-19-15 5:00 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Connor Kacsor rushed for three touchdowns and Dayton beat Duquesne 24-13 on Saturday.
- Dayton to search for new city manager in wake of resignation Updated: Sep-17-15 7:54 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Dayton will be looking for a new city manager.
- Confederate flag no longer allowed at Ohio high school Updated: Sep-15-15 7:57 am
KETTERING, Ohio - Confederate flags will no longer be allowed on vehicles at a southwestern Ohio high school where school officials say some students have been flying them.
- Syracuse provost named University of Dayton president Updated: Sep-14-15 6:35 pm
- Air Force base in Ohio, county jobs agency to hold job fair Updated: Sep-14-15 6:42 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio's largest military base is partnering with a jobs agency to hold a job fair featuring more than 100 Ohio employers.
- Homeowner digs up antique grenade in suburban Dayton yard Updated: Sep-14-15 3:53 am
KETTERING, Ohio - A bomb squad was called to a home in western Ohio after a suburban Dayton man dug up an antique grenade in his yard.
- Clarification: Obit-Dennis Greene story Updated: Sep-11-15 12:56 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - In a story Sept. 10, The Associated Press reported that the funeral for Dennis Greene, a founding member of the retro-rock/doo-wop group Sha Na Na, will be at Church of the Immaculate Conception in New York City. The story should have included that the church also goes by the name Immaculate Conception Monastery Church.