- Man detained after driving through Ohio military base's gate Updated: Nov-24-15 6:11 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base say a man ignored guards' instructions to stop at a security gate, prompting evacuations, but that Ohio's largest military base has been determined safe.
- Dayton holds on to beat William & Mary 69-66 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:13 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Charles Cooke scored 18 points and grabbed six rebounds as Dayton beat William & Mary 69-66 on Saturday.
- After 2 decades of peace, Bosnians want more Updated: Nov-21-15 10:21 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - The peace agreement that ended Bosnia's war two decades ago is still admired as an example of post-conflict peace building, but Bosnians say it became a straitjacket that prevents them from building a functional state.
- Scott, Havlicek among college hoops Hall of Fame inductees Updated: Nov-20-15 5:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It never occurred to Charlie Scott that he would make history when he accepted a scholarship offer from Dean Smith to play basketball at North Carolina in the late 1960s.
- Grand jury clears Ohio deputies who fatally shot suspect Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio grand jury has cleared two sheriff's deputies who fatally shot a man who they say pointed a gun at them while they were investigating a traffic crash.
- Allegiant to start flights from Dayton airport to Florida Updated: Nov-20-15 7:53 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Allegiant Air will start nonstop service from the Dayton International Airport to two Florida airports next year.
- Ohioan going to prison in death of woman who disappeared Updated: Nov-20-15 6:24 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for her role in the death of a woman who disappeared along with her 4-year-old son in 2014.
- In Ohio, Bill Clinton stresses importance of public service Updated: Nov-19-15 7:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former President Bill Clinton on Thursday stressed the importance that public service will play in an increasingly interdependent world.
- AP 2015 Southwest All-District Team Updated: Nov-19-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Southwest All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Task force seizes $1 million in heroin in Ohio; man arrested Updated: Nov-18-15 10:51 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Authorities in southwest Ohio have confiscated heroin with an estimated street value of $1 million and arrested a man on drug, weapon and immigration charges.
- Cooke leads Dayton 80-48 rout of Alabama Updated: Nov-17-15 4:47 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Charles Cooke sat through a transfer season last year when a Dayton team that lacked depth won 27 games, including two in the NCAA Tournament. This year the Flyers have depth, Cooke is a starter and the Flyers are 2-0.
- Committee says monitoring of Dayton prison should continue Updated: Nov-15-15 7:18 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A correctional facility inspection committee says monitoring should continue at a troubled women's prison in Dayton despite signs of improvement.
- Dayton clinches 1st FCS playoff berth, beats Marist 28-21 Updated: Nov-14-15 8:18 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Alex Jeske rushed seven yards with less than a minute to play, scoring the game-winner as Dayton held off Marist 28-21 on Saturday, narrowly remaining unbeaten and claiming the school's first berth in the FCS playoffs.
- Dayton overpowers SE Missouri State in 84-53 win Updated: Nov-13-15 11:31 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Ryan Mikesell sank five 3-pointers and finished with 21 points to lead Dayton to an 84-53 win over Southeast Missouri State in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
- University students decry mistreatment of black students Updated: Nov-13-15 7:45 am
DAYTON, Ohio - More than 60 students and activists have marched through the Wright State University campus in southwest Ohio, squeezing into administrative offices and demanding that the president meet with them to discuss rights for black students.
- Prosecutor says Ohio ex-nurse sentenced on failure to report Updated: Nov-11-15 3:03 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio prosecutor says a former nurse has been sentenced to jail time, community service and probation for failure to report child abuse or neglect in the 2011 case of an emaciated teen who died.
- Ohio suburb wants to protect those who save pets from cars Updated: Nov-10-15 6:51 am
BEAVERCREEK, Ohio - Officials in a Dayton suburb want to make it legal for someone to break into a locked vehicle to rescue a pet in extreme weather conditions.
- Police: Drive-by shooting at Ohio home injures young boy Updated: Nov-09-15 7:58 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Dayton police say a young boy was critically hurt in a drive-by shooting when someone opened fire on a southwest Ohio home.
- Teradata shares drop sharply on weak results, outlook Updated: Nov-05-15 3:28 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Shares of Teradata Corp. plummeted to a six-year low Thursday after it posted disappointing results for the third quarter and cut its full-year outlook.
- Ohio couple pleads not guilty to Ponzi scheme charges Updated: Nov-02-15 11:24 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Court records show a married Ohio couple has been charged with operating a Ponzi scheme that bilked investors out of about $70 million.
- Gloria Steinem honored at Ohio city's peace prize ceremony Updated: Nov-02-15 9:28 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Author and activist Gloria Steinem was among those honored at an Ohio city's celebration of the power of literature to foster peace, social justice and global understanding.
- Ohio college to offer Chinese broadcasts of basketball games Updated: Nov-01-15 5:01 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The University of Dayton's athletics department plans to offer Mandarin Chinese broadcasts of the Flyers' home men's basketball games for this upcoming season.
- Dayton remains unbeaten after 31-14 win over Jacksonville Updated: Oct-31-15 3:49 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Alex Jeske was 20-of-23 passing for 180 yards and had two total touchdowns, and undefeated Dayton beat Jacksonville 31-14 on Saturday.
- Ohio man sentenced to 2 years for fatal heroin-related crash Updated: Oct-30-15 6:30 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A 33-year-old Dayton-area man has been sentenced to two years in prison after prosecutors say he crashed his car while high on heroin, killing a passenger.
- Ohio county settling suit over morgue body mix-up for $165K Updated: Oct-29-15 1:30 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A county has reached a $165,000 settlement with two families over a body mix-up at a morgue that led to one man being incorrectly cremated and another man entombed in his place.