- Gary casino studies sites for land-based gambling facility Updated: Feb-06-16 5:16 pm
GARY, Indiana - The owners of northwestern Indiana's Majestic Star Casino are moving ahead with plans to replace its aging casino riverboats with a land-based gambling facility now permitted under state law.
- Balentine sets record, Evansville beats Missouri St. 83-64 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:41 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - D.J. Balentine scored 18 points to become the all-time leading scorer in Evansville school history in its 83-64 win over Missouri State on Saturday.
- 2 state troopers hurt in Interstate 69 crash near Evansville Updated: Feb-03-16 4:20 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - State police say two troopers were hurt when a semitrailer ran into the rear of their stopped squad car on Interstate 69 near Evansville.
- Baby born prematurely after crash released from hospital Updated: Feb-01-16 1:13 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A spokesman for an Evansville hospital says an infant born prematurely after a woman was fatally injured when an overloaded van overturned on a southwestern Indiana highway in September has been released in good condition.
- Building that once housed hotel on road to restoration Updated: Feb-01-16 8:32 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Restoration of the former McCurdy Hotel is well underway, and the Kunkel Group expects to have apartments ready for lease by mid-2016.
- Santa restoration moving forward Updated: Jan-26-16 5:06 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A man who noticed a Santa Claus statue in a junkyard wants to restore Santa to his full, 35 feet of glory - but he will need the public's help.
- Scott nets 24 points, Indiana State tops Evansville 82-65 Updated: Jan-24-16 6:18 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Brenton Scott and Devonte Brown scored 24 points apiece and Indiana State knocked off Evansville 82-65 on Sunday.
- Lawmakers consider increase to malpractice payment cap Updated: Jan-23-16 9:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - State lawmakers are set to take up a proposal that would increase Indiana's cap on medical malpractice payments for the first time in 17 years.
- Snow Day Meal Patrol takes lunch to students missing school Updated: Jan-22-16 11:36 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Teacher Aaron Sisson was looking at Facebook over breakfast Wednesday morning when he saw a post from the Dream Center asking for volunteers.
- Wrong-way car on I-69 near Evansville causes deadly crash Updated: Jan-22-16 10:03 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a car going the wrong way on Interstate 69 near Evansville caused a crash that killed two people.
- Evansville looks for new hockey team for Ford Center Updated: Jan-21-16 6:01 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke says the city has identified two potential ownership groups of minor league hockey teams that could move into the Ford Center and replace the departing Evansville Icemen.
- Winter storm warning posted for southern Indiana counties Updated: Jan-21-16 5:16 pm
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - The National Weather Service has posted winter storm warnings for several southern Indiana counties and says they could receive 4 to 9 inches of snow by Saturday morning, making travel dangerous.
- Man dead in Gibson County farming accident identified Updated: Jan-20-16 5:27 pm
PRINCETON, Indiana - A coroner says a southwestern Indiana farmer who was found pinned under a tree died of asphyxia.
- Mockevicius leads Evansville past Loyola of Chicago 74-66 Updated: Jan-19-16 11:28 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Egidijus Mockevicius scored 23 points, on 10-of-13 shooting, with 20 rebounds, and D.J. Balentine had 22 points and seven assists to help Evansville beat Loyola of Chicago 74-66 Tuesday night.
- New marketing director looks to boost 6 historic sites Updated: Jan-19-16 3:40 am
VINCENNES, Indiana - The new marketing director for six state historic sites across southern Indiana says people often forget the unique attractions that are near their homes.
- Balentine scores 24; Evansville beats Drake 84-65 Updated: Jan-12-16 10:27 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - D.J. Balentine scored 24, and Egidijus Mockevicius added 21 points, on 9-of-12 shooting, with 12 rebounds to help Evansville beat Drake 84-65 Tuesday night.
- Old National buys Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Updated: Jan-12-16 10:07 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An Indiana bank will buy Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin in a deal valued at $461 million.
- Snow, high winds create problems across Indiana Updated: Jan-10-16 11:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Several inches of snow and high winds have created problems for motorists and others across Indiana.
- Alcoa's layoff of 600 worries many in southwestern Indiana Updated: Jan-08-16 11:54 am
NEWBURGH, Indiana - Many in southwestern Indiana are worried about the impact of Alcoa's decision to cut 600 jobs as it shuts down part of its aluminum manufacturing operations along the Ohio River.
- Universities in Indiana ban hoverboards over fire worries Updated: Jan-08-16 7:13 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Universities across Indiana are taking action to ban hoverboards over worries that batteries can catch fire.