- Financing closes for Evansville convention hotel project Updated: Aug-29-15 5:52 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville tourism officials are celebrating now that financing is in place for a $60 million downtown convention hotel eight months after the latest in a series of failed plans for the long-sought hotel collapsed.
- Police say man shot, injured after leading officers on chase Updated: Aug-23-15 9:40 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville officers shot and injured an armed man who authorities tried to talk down before he led them on a chase and crashed into a police vehicle.
- Southwestern Indiana police look to sell confiscated weapons Updated: Aug-22-15 1:29 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Law enforcement agencies in southwestern Indiana are looking for ways to sell hundreds of confiscated guns to pay for firearms training within their departments.
- IU trustees approve downtown Evansville medical school Updated: Aug-15-15 1:11 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The state budget committee will vote in October whether to release $25.2 million in state funds to build a medical school campus in downtown Evansville.
- Improvements planned for Evansville convention center Updated: Aug-14-15 5:32 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - County officials have approved nearly $720,000 to make improvements to the Old National Events Plaza convention center in Evansville.
- Evansville teen wearing ear buds killed by freight train Updated: Aug-12-15 1:31 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say an Evansville teen has died after being struck from behind by a freight train.
- Council considers buying historic Evansville movie house Updated: Aug-10-15 4:08 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana is planning a series of public forums starting in September to hear from neighbors, artists and community members whether it should purchase a historic movie house in Evansville.
- Evansville man with vacated death sentence takes plea deal Updated: Aug-06-15 1:47 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - An Evansville man whose conviction and death sentence for killing his estranged wife and their two children was set aside has agreed to plead guilty in return for a sentence of life in prison without parole.
- Evansville to begin demolition of burned-out warehouse Updated: Aug-03-15 4:04 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke says the demolition of a burned-out warehouse that's at the center of a city lawsuit is expected to take a month to complete.
- Appeals court rules police raid not shielded from liability Updated: Aug-01-15 6:13 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A federal appeals court has ruled the Evansville Police Department committed too many mistakes" to be shielded from liability in a lawsuit filed over a SWAT raid on her home in 2012.