- Editorial: Biden's Far East trip assumes new importance Updated: Dec-03-13 5:18 pm
- Envoy says China has right to set another air zone Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 pm
- Biden visits Asia amid Japan-SKorea's toxic ties Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 am
- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- Gold rises on tensions over East China Sea Updated: Nov-29-13 3:58 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- Problems pile up in Asia for US policymakers Updated: Nov-27-13 1:34 pm
- US bombers cross China's claimed air defense zone Updated: Nov-26-13 7:34 pm
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
Vice President Joe Biden is not noted for his diplomatic skills. He is, however, noted for being plain-spoken, even disconcertingly blunt. He may need the latter trait more than the former during his current week-long tour of East Asia.
MANILA, Philippines - China has a sovereign right to establish a maritime air defense zone over another region as it did in the East China Sea, the Chinese envoy to the Philippines said.
SEOUL, South Korea - When South Korean fans at a soccer game against Japan unfurled two massive banners honoring men considered national heroes for battling Japanese invaders, organizers took them down, Tokyo grumbled - and South Koreans cheered yet another sign of defiance against their former colonizer.
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
NEW YORK - Gold logged its biggest gain in two weeks as tensions rise between China and Japan.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
WASHINGTON - While the Obama administration is making diplomatic progress on some of the Mideast's thorniest security issues, problems are piling up in Asia, a region that President Barack Obama had wanted to play a bigger part in American foreign policy.
WASHINGTON - Days after China asserted greater military control over a swath of the East China Sea to bolster claims to a cluster of disputed islands, the U.S. defied the move Tuesday as it flew two B-52 bombers through the area.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.