- Jury: Firm not liable for burns blamed on exploding body wax Updated: Apr-29-16 9:25 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A jury says a New York company isn't responsible for burns a northeastern Pennsylvania woman said were caused by a bottle of exploding body wax.
- Turnpike announces next step in plans for Scranton Beltway Updated: Apr-28-16 3:14 pm
PITTSTON, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission says it plans to hire an engineering firm as a next step in creating a beltway in the Scranton area to ease congestion on Interstate 81.
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- Correction: Nuclear Plant-Spent Fuel Storage story Updated: Apr-21-16 2:08 pm
BERWICK, Pennsylvania - In a story April 18 about a nuclear power plant trying to build an addition to dispose of spent nuclear fuel, The Associated Press misidentified the location of the town where it operates. Berwick is 40 miles southwest of Scranton, not 40 miles north of Scranton.
- 3 teens to be tried as adults in officer's death in fall Updated: Apr-19-16 12:24 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A judge has ruled that three teenagers will be tried as adults in the death of a northeastern Pennsylvania police officer who fell 15 feet while chasing them.
- Zappala to return $15K donation from Scranton businessman Updated: Apr-19-16 9:58 am
PITTSBURGH - Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala Jr. will return $15,000 donated to his campaign for state attorney general from a company owned by a wealthy northeastern Pennsylvania businessman.
- Former superintendent sentenced for stealing from district Updated: Apr-14-16 1:22 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A former northeast Pennsylvania school superintendent has been sentenced for stealing nearly $12,000 from the district for pay for magazine subscriptions, gift cards and restaurant tabs.
- Boy, 2, flown to hospital after reported fall from window Updated: Apr-12-16 4:14 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a 2-year-old boy was flown to a hospital with a head injury after reportedly falling from a second-story window in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Media company buys majority share in Flying Fish Brewing Updated: Apr-08-16 5:53 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania-based media company has purchased a majority interest in New Jersey's Flying Fish Brewing Company.
- Sears closing 48-year-old store in northeastern Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-07-16 8:25 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - The first store to open in a northeastern Pennsylvania mall more than 48 years ago is closing.
- Sanders to address AFL-CIO as Bill Clinton hits the trail Updated: Apr-07-16 12:45 am
PHILADELPHIA - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders will be in Pennsylvania for a second straight day of campaigning.
- Trial ordered for officer in shooting death Updated: Apr-05-16 5:09 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A part-time police officer has been ordered to stand trial on most charges in the shooting death of a man outside his northeastern Pennsylvania apartment.
- PPL Electric says 1,200 still without power due to winds Updated: Apr-04-16 9:47 am
STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania - PPL Electric says more than 1,200 customers in eastern Pennsylvania remain without power due to high winds that downed trees and power lines.
- Northeastern Pennsylvania priest suspended over abuse claim Updated: Apr-04-16 8:10 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A Roman Catholic priest in northeastern Pennsylvania has been suspended while church and law enforcement authorities investigate a child-sex abuse allegation against him.
- Police: Aide bit autistic man, hit him with plastic bat Updated: Apr-01-16 8:40 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police say a northeastern Pennsylvania man bit an autistic man he was assigned to aid.