- Northeast Nebraska town loses only grocery store Updated: Oct-02-15 5:45 pm
WAKEFIELD, Nebraska - A small city in northeast Nebraska's Dixon County has bid farewell to a grocery store that had been a community staple for nearly a century.
- Today in Nebraska-October Updated: Sep-28-15 12:16 pm
- Police: Man dies in single-vehicle crash near Norfolk Updated: Sep-21-15 5:47 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A Madison man has died after his car rolled over in a single-vehicle accident south of Norfolk.
- AP Nebraska high school football rankings Updated: Sep-15-15 7:31 am
The Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's ranking, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- New position meant to help combat labor shortage in Norfolk Updated: Sep-11-15 3:20 pm
NORFOLK, Nebraska - Numerous job openings in the Norfolk area have prompted the business community and other organizations to rally together and establish a position intended to help combat the labor shortage.
- Village of Pilger faces reduced tax revenue after tornado Updated: Sep-09-15 4:24 pm
PILGER, Nebraska - Last summer's tornado that destroyed much of Pilger has left the village facing an uphill battle in the coming year due to reduced property tax revenue.