- Canadian Pacific creates website to argue for rail merger Updated: Feb-11-16 3:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Canadian Pacific has created a website to showcase all of its arguments for its proposed takeover of Norfolk Southern railroad.
- Program for at-risk students in Norfolk moves to high school Updated: Feb-09-16 2:04 pm
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A program designed to help at-risk students graduate has moved into a new location in Norfolk.
- Norfolk Southern 4Q profit falls 29 percent as volume slows Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Norfolk Southern Corp.'s fourth-quarter profit slid 29 percent as the railroad delivered 6 percent less freight. It plans to cut 2,000 jobs, or 4 percent of its workforce, as it fends off a takeover bid from rival Canadian Pacific.
- Norfolk dad arrested after belt marks found on 7-year-old Updated: Jan-26-16 11:10 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - Authorities say a 27-year-old Norfolk man was arrested after belt marks were found on his 7-year-old child's body.
- Norfolk Southern will release its 4Q earnings Wednesday Updated: Jan-26-16 5:06 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Norfolk Southern railroad will release its fourth-quarter earnings report Wednesday morning.
- Canadian Pacific issues 2nd report arguing for rail merger Updated: Jan-20-16 11:15 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Canadian Pacific has issued another report supporting its argument for acquiring Norfolk Southern railroad.
- Norfolk organization donated bicycles around the world Updated: Jan-16-16 10:57 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - Having their own set of wheels is the dream of many people.
- Teen accused of animal torture in Stanton enters plea deal Updated: Jan-15-16 6:32 am
STANTON, Nebraska - A third of four teenagers accused of torturing an animal in Stanton has entered a plea deal in the case.
- CSX CEO opposes railroad mergers as counter productive Updated: Jan-13-16 4:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - CSX railroad's chief executive doesn't think railroad mergers - like the one Canadian Pacific has proposed with Norfolk Southern - should be pursued.
- Madison County faces snow removal challenges Updated: Jan-13-16 1:32 pm
MADISON, Nebraska - Ice, the wrong equipment and a lack of salt are hindering efforts to remove snow from roads in Madison County, leading to complaints from residents.