- Iraq's top cleric says government must genuinely seek change Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 pm
BAGHDAD - Iraq's top Shiite cleric said on Friday the government must show it was seeking genuine change to combat corruption and improve services and not just introduce temporary measures to placate the embattled nation.
- IS suicide bombing kills 2 Iraqi army generals in Anbar Updated: Aug-27-15 11:44 am
BAGHDAD - An Islamic State suicide bomber killed two Iraqi army generals on Thursday as they led forces against IS positions in the turbulent Anbar province west of Baghdad, military officials said.
- Iraq's economy battered by Islamic State war, low oil prices Updated: Aug-18-15 11:19 am
BAGHDAD - In business since the 1960s, Karim al-Aboudi's family has seen Iraq's economy boom with oil wealth and bust through wars and the 2003 U.S.-led invasion, but today marks the worst downturn he's seen in decades.
- Life in Sadr City: 'We are living in a state of fear' Updated: Aug-13-15 5:27 pm
BAGHDAD - In this torrid Baghdad summer, Karim Kadim, his wife and five children have been sleeping in their living room, where the air conditioning works best and often muffles noise from the street. But nothing could drown out the thunderclap that roused the family about 5:45 a.m. Thursday.
- Iraqi Kurds ask Kurdistan Workers Party to 'withdraw' Updated: Aug-01-15 2:32 pm
BAGHDAD - Iraq's Kurdish regional government called on the Kurdistan Worker's Party to "withdraw" from Iraq's Kurdish territory Saturday to prevent civilian deaths amid a campaign of Turkish airstrikes targeting the group.