- Mental health calls jump 35 percent for Aberdeen police Updated: Jul-05-15 10:19 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An annual report from the Aberdeen Police Department shows officers responded to 35 percent more mental health calls in 2014 compared to the previous year.
- Charges dropped against Columbia man accused of raping girl Updated: Jul-02-15 12:46 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Prosecutors are dropping charges against a Columbia-area man accusing of raping a girl over a period of eight years.
- Proof of insurance threatens 4-H rodeo in northeastern SD Updated: Jun-30-15 2:45 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A rodeo for 4-H members scheduled for this weekend in northeastern South Dakota is in jeopardy because organizers have not submitted proof of insurance to local officials.
- Aberdeen woman gets new trial in child sexual abuse case Updated: Jun-27-15 11:08 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A judge has ordered a new trial for an Aberdeen woman who had been convicted on three counts of sexual contact with a minor.
- Baby skunks take up residency in Aberdeen neighborhood Updated: Jun-26-15 2:11 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen neighborhood has a stinky problem.
- Brown County deputy injured during foot chase in Aberdeen Updated: Jun-25-15 8:43 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A Brown County sheriff's deputy needed stitches after being injured during a foot chase with a suspect in Aberdeen.
- Infant care in high demand at Aberdeen day cares Updated: Jun-21-15 11:23 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Day care providers in Aberdeen are seeing high demand for infant care.
- Idea of merging 2 large Dakotas co-ops won't be resurrected Updated: Jun-19-15 11:19 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Officials who unsuccessfully pushed for the merger of two large century-old agricultural cooperatives in the Dakotas say they will not try again, despite the idea being only narrowly defeated by co-op members.
- Man in Aberdeen hotel standoff charged in casino robberies Updated: Jun-17-15 12:10 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A man involved in a 14-hour armed standoff with law officers at an Aberdeen hotel in March now faces robbery and accessory charges in armed holdups at two casinos in the city.
- Funeral service set for Presentation coach killed in crash Updated: Jun-11-15 5:26 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Presentation College says a funeral service has been scheduled for a graduate assistant basketball coach who died in a vehicle crash along with a player in Nebraska.
- Brown County to pay $5K for training of private investigator Updated: Jun-10-15 5:29 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Brown County will foot a $5,000 bill for the training of a private investigator working for the defense team in a murder case.
- Official: Close rural foot bridge where people drink, shoot Updated: Jun-10-15 5:22 am
ORDWAY, South Dakota - A township official in northeastern South Dakota wants to close a foot bridge where he says people often party and shoot guns.
- Ex-coroner: Elected system can mean conflicts of interest Updated: Jun-07-15 11:23 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A former Minnehaha County coroner argues that South Dakota's system of electing coroners - used in about half the states in the country - can lead to potential conflicts of interest.