- Group wants public vote on $8M public library in Aberdeen Updated: Oct-02-15 12:43 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man is leading a petition drive to try to force a public vote on a proposed $8 million public library.
- Authorities ID man who died in forklift accident in Aberdeen Updated: Oct-01-15 6:51 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Authorities have identified a man who died in a forklift accident in Aberdeen.
- Groton man dies after being injured in farm accident Updated: Sep-29-15 6:53 am
GROTON, South Dakota - A Groton man has died from injuries he suffered in a farming accident in northwestern Spink County.
- School on Standing Rock votes to stop using 'midget' mascot Updated: Sep-24-15 1:30 pm
MCLAUGHLIN, South Dakota - A South Dakota school district on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation is abandoning its nickname and mascot because it is offensive to little people.
- Mosquito control, West Nile conference set to for Aberdeen Updated: Sep-16-15 2:06 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Health is inviting representatives of mosquito control efforts to attend a conference on the West Nile virus and mosquito control.
- Wyndham Hotel Group office closing in Aberdeen Updated: Sep-11-15 11:32 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Some 240 people in Aberdeen are faced with looking for new jobs after the Wyndham Hotel Group announced it will close its longtime office in the northeast South Dakota city.
- Hotel firm to close Aberdeen call center employing hundreds Updated: Sep-09-15 7:27 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A large hotel company is shifting a call center from Aberdeen to Indianapolis, leaving hundreds in the South Dakota town jobless.
- Program offers alternative sentencing for drug offenses Updated: Sep-09-15 6:39 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Judges in the Aberdeen area have a new alternate sentencing option available for those who abuse drugs.
- Agronomist says aerial seeding helps establish cover crop Updated: Sep-08-15 8:50 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Planes that typically fly over fields dropping chemicals to kill weeds and bugs are increasingly being used to spread seed for cover crops.
- Group says focus should be on pheasant habitat Updated: Sep-04-15 7:44 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - With South Dakota's annual pheasant survey indicating an uptick in the number of birds hunters should encounter this season, a conservation group says the focus needs to be on habitat.
- US Navy country band to perform in Aberdeen Friday night Updated: Sep-04-15 5:59 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The U.S. Navy band Country Current will perform in Aberdeen on Friday night.
- Attorney general: Woman who died in jail was being monitored Updated: Sep-03-15 5:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 24-year-old South Dakota woman who suffered a fatal methamphetamine overdose while in custody was asked repeatedly by jail staff whether she had taken any illegal drugs and was moved to a holding cell for special monitoring after her cellmate requested medical attention for her, authorities said Thursday.