- Nuke lab workers recovering after being burned in accident Updated: May-06-15 11:58 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - One Los Alamos National Laboratory employee has been released from the hospital and another is in critical but stable condition after being burned in an accident last weekend at the nuclear weapons research facility.
- Feds reach settlement with New Mexico over radiation leak Updated: Apr-30-15 8:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Energy Department will funnel more than $73 million toward road and water projects around New Mexico as part of a settlement over a radiation leak that forced the indefinite closure of a troubled nuclear waste dump.
- Rare California condor seen in Los Alamos Updated: Apr-27-15 6:15 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A Los Alamos man who is also an avid birder says he spotted a California condor that was last seen in Colorado.
- Nuclear waste drums appear stable after signs of reactions Updated: Apr-20-15 6:44 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dozens of drums of radioactive waste at one of the nation's premier weapons laboratories are stable after some showed signs of chemical reactions over the past year, according to federal officials.
- Nature education center in Los Alamos to hold grand opening Updated: Apr-19-15 2:35 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A grand opening will be held Wednesday for a new nature education center in Los Alamos.
- Los Alamos lab's security force in contract dispute Updated: Apr-18-15 5:53 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Talks between the security workers who protect Los Alamos National Laboratory and the contractor that employs them are stalled.
- Report: Nuke dump radiation leak could have been prevented Updated: Apr-16-15 8:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A radiation leak that forced the indefinite closure of the federal government's only underground nuclear waste repository could have been prevented, a team of investigators said Thursday.