- Los Alamos panel holding hearings on plastic bags ban plan Updated: May-23-15 5:04 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A Los Alamos panel is holding hearing on a possible ban of single-use plastic bags.
- Many try to shape Valles Caldera's future Updated: May-18-15 12:29 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The National Park Service has a challenging task ahead as it transitions into management of the sweeping 88,900-acre Valles Caldera landscape in the Jemez Mountains.
- Talks break down over benefits for lab's security force Updated: May-06-15 7:22 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Talks between the security workers who protect Los Alamos National Laboratory and the subcontractor that employs them have broken down.
- Nuke lab workers recovering after being burned in accident Updated: May-06-15 11:58 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - One Los Alamos National Laboratory employee has been released from the hospital and another is in critical but stable condition after being burned in an accident last weekend at the nuclear weapons research facility.
- Feds reach settlement with New Mexico over radiation leak Updated: Apr-30-15 8:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Energy Department will funnel more than $73 million toward road and water projects around New Mexico as part of a settlement over a radiation leak that forced the indefinite closure of a troubled nuclear waste dump.
- Rare California condor seen in Los Alamos Updated: Apr-27-15 6:15 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A Los Alamos man who is also an avid birder says he spotted a California condor that was last seen in Colorado.