- House panel calls out nuke officials for repeated failures Updated: Jun-12-15 4:15 pm
Members of a U.S. House panel said Friday that they are frustrated with decades of security and safety lapses at some of the laboratories, manufacturing facilities and other sites that make up the nation's nuclear complex.
- Guards at Los Alamos nuke lab ratify contract agreement Updated: Jun-09-15 7:59 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Security workers who protect Los Alamos National Laboratory have ratified a new five-year contract.
- NM nuclear laboratories fined for security violations Updated: Jun-09-15 5:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two nuclear laboratories in New Mexico are facing hefty fines for the faulty handling of classified information or material.
- Manhattan Project park will require cooperation, planning Updated: Jun-06-15 5:17 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Federal employees and Los Alamos officials have started meeting to discuss an ambitious plan: to create a new national park scattered across three different states and dedicated to the history of the atomic bomb.
- 'Battlefield MRI' in the works Updated: Jun-04-15 5:06 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Ka-boom. An improvised explosive device goes off in one of the world's many distant battlefields. A soldier may suffer a head or brain injury, but a key to diagnosing soft-tissue damage - a magnetic imaging resonance machine, or MRI - is huge and expensive, and often a long way away.
- Ex-Los Alamos scientist in nuke spy sting loses appeal Updated: Jun-01-15 4:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former Los Alamos National Laboratory scientist convicted of offering to help develop nuclear weapons for Venezuela cannot appeal his five-year sentence because he gave up that right, a federal court said.