- Teen lost while hiking near Los Alamos found Updated: Apr-13-14 6:22 pm
- Audit cites deficiencies in New Mexico labs Updated: Apr-06-14 5:41 pm
- New security system finally complete at Los Alamos Updated: Apr-03-14 2:35 pm
- Crews enter troubled nuclear waste dump Updated: Apr-02-14 9:40 pm
- NM scientist to lead energy, water research group Updated: Mar-29-14 5:22 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A teenager who was lost while out hiking near Los Alamos has been located.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A new federal audit has found Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories failed to monitor nuclear weapons designs as well as the reliability of parts being used to build them, the Albuquerque Journal reported Sunday.
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Federal officials say the problem-plagued $244 million security system to protect the most sensitive areas at Los Alamos National Laboratory is finally complete.
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Crews made their first trip into the federal government's underground nuclear waste dump in southeastern New Mexico on Wednesday to begin investigating a radiation release in February that contaminated 21 workers, the U.S. Department of Energy said.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A scientist from Los Alamos National Laboratory has been tapped to help New Mexico with complex issues related to energy and water science.