- Los Alamos lab plans to hire hundreds by 2020 Updated: Apr-28-16 11:31 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - The head of the Los Alamos National Laboratory is assuring Santa Fe leaders that the lab will remain a strong force in the region as it looks to hire about 2,000 people in the next four years.
- UNM to cut 16 education center jobs across state Updated: Apr-24-16 2:07 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico is cutting 16 positions across six education centers to save on operating costs.
- Nuclear waste dump earns positive rating, $11.7M in fees Updated: Apr-14-16 8:06 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The contractor that manages the federal government's underground nuclear waste repository is being awarded nearly $12 million in fees and performance pay for work done while the troubled facility moves toward resuming operations following a radiation leak more than two years ago.
- Initial report says NM plane crash not a mechanical failure Updated: Apr-11-16 2:47 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Federal officials say a fatal airplane crash in in northern New Mexico doesn't appear to have been caused by mechanical problems.
- Tribe on front lines of fight over nuclear lab contamination Updated: Apr-04-16 7:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The tribal community of San Ildefonso Pueblo sits in the shadow of Los Alamos National Laboratory, one of the nation's premier laboratories and the birthplace of the atomic bomb.
- The Latest: Los Alamos to benefit from settlement funds Updated: Apr-04-16 12:15 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on cleanup of contamination at Los Alamos National Laboratory (all times local):