- On short notice, Goerne sings 2nd Wozzeck in week Updated: Mar-07-14 12:56 am
- OSCE sending military observer mission to Ukraine Updated: Mar-04-14 5:14 pm
- Anna Netrebko pulls out of 'Faust' role Updated: Feb-28-14 12:47 pm
- Austria's Hosiner bypassed for Uruguay game Updated: Feb-25-14 7:44 am
- EU says Iran nuclear talks off to 'a good start' Updated: Feb-20-14 4:22 pm
- Iran at talks: No scrapping any nuclear facility Updated: Feb-18-14 3:10 pm
- Vienna's famed dancing stallions put on diet Updated: Feb-13-14 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Matthias Goerne got to sing the title role of Berg's "Wozzeck" twice as many times as he bargained for during his trip to New York.
VIENNA - Acting at Ukraine's request, the United States and 14 other nations on Tuesday formed a military observer mission intended to monitor the tense Crimea region, and a U.S. official said the team planned to leave within 24 hours.
BERLIN - Anna Netrebko has pulled out of plans to play Marguerite in Charles Gounod's "Faust," saying she's decided that the role isn't right for her.
VIENNA - Austria striker Philipp Hosiner has been left out of the national team for next week's friendly against World Cup competitor Uruguay.
VIENNA - Iran and six world powers on Thursday ended nuclear talks with agreement on a framework for future negotiations but little progress on the main issue of what nuclear concessions Tehran must make in exchange for an end to sanctions stifling its economy.
VIENNA - Iran drew a red line on Tuesday on how far it would go at landmark nuclear talks, saying as the meeting opened that it would not buckle to pressure from the U.S. and five other world powers to scrap any of its nuclear facilities.
VIENNA - It seems that winter flab is not just a human problem: Austria's famed dancing stallions are being put on a diet.