- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest while Russia is booed Updated: May-23-15 9:07 pm
VIENNA - Sweden beat Russia to win the 60th Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday, in an event described by organizers as beyond politics but marred by boos for the Russian that were apparently prompted by the Ukraine conflict and the Kremlin's anti-gay policies.
- UN agency passes new standards on prisoner treatment Updated: May-22-15 2:24 pm
VIENNA - The U.N. crime prevention agency has revised international standards on treatment of prisoners to focus on greater respect for human rights.
- Australia in Europe's Song Contest? In a word, yes. Updated: May-22-15 9:11 am
VIENNA - For the first time in its 60-year history, the Eurovision Song Contest may be won by - Australia.
- Cross-dressing diva Conchita Wurst to Putin: Let's hang out Updated: May-21-15 12:32 pm
- Sepp Blatter set for another win in FIFA election Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
GENEVA - For once, a major FIFA election is untainted by claims of vote-buying.
- Iranian leader rejects probe of alleged nuke weapons work Updated: May-20-15 3:59 pm
VIENNA - The U.S. may have to soften demands that any nuclear deal with Iran give U.N. experts a free hand to investigate possible past nuclear arms works by Tehran, after Iran's supreme leader stridently ruled out cooperation Wednesday.
- Vienna's gay-themed traffic signals to stay permanently Updated: May-19-15 11:34 am
VIENNA - Vienna's gay-themed pedestrian traffic lights are here to stay.
- Restored 'The Third Man' emerges again from the shadows Updated: May-18-15 6:37 pm
CANNES, France - Break out your zithers: "The Third Man" is back.
- Vienna hosts Europe's biggest AIDS research charity event Updated: May-16-15 9:10 pm
VIENNA - Vienna's central City Hall Square was transformed Saturday into a mythical world of pagan rites and fantastic spectacle as the city hosted its biggest annual party of the year.
- Vienna traffic signals go red and green, gay and straight Updated: May-12-15 3:01 pm
VIENNA - Some Vienna pedestrian traffic lights are suddenly not only red or green. They're also gay or straight.
- Austrian empress's potty fetches thousands of euros Updated: May-08-15 5:18 am
VIENNA - What's a potty worth? Thousands of euros, if it was used by an Austrian empress - but much less than her footwear.
- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Austria turns down US extradition request for Ukrainian Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian court on Thursday ruled against a U.S. extradition request for a Ukrainian oligarch suspected of paying millions of dollars in bribes to Indian officials, saying the U.S. move was at least partially politically motivated and not supported by sufficient evidence.
- Vienna names square after Nelson Mandela Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
VIENNA - The city of Vienna has decided to honor Nelson Mandela by naming a square after him.