- Nuke deal remains elusive after deadline, but talks continue Updated: Jul-07-15 8:45 am
VIENNA - Iran nuclear talks busted through their second deadline in a week Tuesday, raising new questions about the ability of world powers to cut off all Iranian pathways to a bomb through diplomacy. The talks, already in their 12th day, were prolonged until possibly Friday.
- On 9th day, Kerry says Iran nuke talks could go either way Updated: Jul-05-15 5:05 pm
VIENNA - Nine days into marathon nuclear talks, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday said the diplomatic efforts "could go either way," cutting off all potential pathways for an Iranian atomic bomb or ending without an agreement that American officials have sometimes described as the only alternative to war.
- Austrian court rejects jurisdiction in Facebook privacy suit Updated: Jul-01-15 9:08 am
VIENNA - A court in Austria has rejected a class-action lawsuit against Facebook alleging invasion of privacy, saying it lacks jurisdiction in the case.
- Russia-US ties alive and well at Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jul-01-15 3:25 am
VIENNA - Russia-U.S. relations are at a post-Cold War low just about everywhere, except at the Iran nuclear talks.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Iran's Zarif leaves for Vienna Updated: Jun-30-15 3:05 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency is reporting the country's foreign minister has left for Vienna to join nuclear talks with world powers.
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- Pro-European candidate leads in Moldova vote Updated: Jun-28-15 7:07 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Near-final results gave a pro-European Union candidate a comfortable lead in the runoff vote for mayor of Moldova's biggest city Sunday, in an election seen as a test of whether the former Soviet republic moves closer to the EU or to neighboring Russia.
- Nuke talks to miss target; Iran foreign minister heads home Updated: Jun-28-15 4:29 pm
VIENNA - A senior U.S. official acknowledged Sunday that Iran nuclear talks will go past their June 30 target date, as Iran's foreign minister prepared to head home for consultations before returning to push for a breakthrough.
- Outside Iran talks, a different cast competes for attention Updated: Jun-28-15 12:30 pm
VIENNA - Ah, Vienna. City of music. Crown jewel of the Holy Roman Empire. Birthplace of psychoanalysis. Home of the Lipizzaner stallions. And this week, host of the Iran nuclear negotiations.
- Once unheard of, US-Iran talks become the new normal Updated: Jun-27-15 11:54 am
VIENNA - The top American and Iranian diplomats faced each other across a square table in a 19th century Viennese palace, the room austerely decorated and the atmosphere calm as they started the final push for a generation-defining nuclear agreement on Saturday.
- Kerry off to Vienna for Iran nuke talks as deadline looms Updated: Jun-26-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - With next week's deadline for an Iran nuclear deal fast approaching, Secretary of State John Kerry headed back to the talks in Vienna, Austria, on Friday, this time leaning on crutches.
- Kerry: US undeterred by Iran leader's nuke comments Updated: Jun-24-15 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Nuclear negotiations between world powers and Iran will not be affected by recent comments from Iran's supreme leader who appeared to backtrack on key points of an emerging deal, Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday.
- Berlin Philharmonic names Kirill Petrenko as chief conductor Updated: Jun-22-15 9:17 am
BERLIN - The Berlin Philharmonic on Monday named Siberian-born Kirill Petrenko as its next chief conductor - one of the most prestigious jobs in the world of classical music.