- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Nebraska rancher shares his passion for shortgrass prairie Updated: Aug-23-15 10:50 am
KIMBALL, Nebraska - Although Shaun Evertson was born on the Great Plains hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean, he began his career in the Navy. As a search-and-rescue paramedic, he served for 14 years in some dangerous international operations.
- Man sentenced 25 to 30 years in prison in jail guard's death Updated: Aug-18-15 6:29 am
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - An 18-year-old man has been sentenced to 25 to 30 years in prison for his role in the death of a Scotts Bluff County corrections officer.
- Nebraskan whose boyfriend beat her daughter gets probation Updated: Aug-17-15 8:40 am
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - A Scottsbluff woman whose boyfriend was convicted of beating her daughter has been given two years of probation.
- Man convicted of stealing from Nebraska co-op gets probation Updated: Aug-13-15 1:43 pm
GERING, Nebraska - A 22-year-old Bayard man convicted of stealing from a co-op in western Nebraska has been given 30 months of probation.